• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My timeline idea

master sword

everything is breakable
(adult timeline)--/-LttP-LA LoZ-AoL WW-PH
MC FS OoT----<​
(Child timeline)--\-MM TP OoX

your absolutely right, but why didn't anyone(including me) notice this earlier?
----------------
now all thats left is FSA, we put in FS we have to add its partner. any suggestions?

ALTTPs BS is about the seal war which only takes place in the adult part of OoT which means ALTTP and all games connected have to go on the AT. all of the games you have on the CT after TP i would put on the AT except for OoX.

The Seal War can't be in the adult time,because Ganon is sealed,and only escapes to be stoped by the great flood.
If ALTTP took place on the Adult Timeline it would have to be before WW.

You forget, Midna666, that the Swamp Maiden says that Ganon rediscovered the SR and couldn't get out. There was a seal on the SR which explains why he couldn't get out after he reentered.

No game should go between OoT and tWW.

You forget, Midna666, that the Swamp Maiden says that Ganon rediscovered the SR and couldn't get out. There was a seal on the SR which explains why he couldn't get out after he reentered.

No game should go between OoT and tWW.

ALTTP would still have to take place in the child timeline.
After Wind Waker Hyrule is lose.
There are all sorts of problems if ALTTP takes place on the adult timeline.
1.Hyrule is gone.
2.The tale of the Seal War is gone(If Link and Tetra did start a new Hyrule they would not know any of the legends of the old Hyrule.
3.The Master Sword is stuck in Ganondorf's head,so how does it get to the Lost Woods?
This is why I don't think ALTTP can fit on the adult timeline.

Hard to say.
But the SW and the fact that FSA is an island is way too hard to ignore.
1. Hyrule can be explained.
2. People already know the story of the HoT...
3. Who knows.

The Seal War might have been retcon by Nintendo,and FSA can be explained away by saying it was for gameplay purposes.
1.Please explain if you can,I'm all ears:).
2. The people of old Hyrule knew the story of the Hero of Time.In WW only the people on Outset Island knew anything about the legend about the Hero,but they did not know about Hyrule itself or about the Sages who played a big part in the legend of the Seal War.
3.I agree with you about point#3.

(adult timeline)--/-LttP-LA LoZ-AoL WW-PH
MC FS OoT----<​
(Child timeline)--\-MM TP OoX

your absolutely right, but why didn't anyone(including me) notice this earlier?
----------------
now all thats left is FSA, we put in FS we have to add its partner. any suggestions?

If I were you, I'd say it goes as
............./-TWW/PH-FS/FSA-LttP/LA-LoZ/AoL
TMC-OoT
.............\MM-TP-OoX

Zemen has succesfully shown points to how TMC could come first, even though I still don't agree, but nobody has ever stated why they think FS comes before OoT as well.

I believe that the manual hints (hints, doesn't imply) that FS and FSA have the same hero, so that could be enough....

The Seal War can't be in the adult time,because Ganon is sealed,and only escapes to be stoped by the great flood.
If ALTTP took place on the Adult Timeline it would have to be before WW.

FSA shows that Ganondorf has been reborn in the Gerudo tribe.

And Miyamoto disagrees with you. He specifically said that OoT is the SW, meaning LttP comes in the AT.

Later, they released FSA, which was clearly a prequel to LttP. But Hyrule was in an island in that game. That just strenghtened the intent for LttP to follow TWW. You can't ignore that...

ALTTP would still have to take place in the child timeline.
After Wind Waker Hyrule is lose.

We generally work with two possibilities:
1. Link and Tetra found a new land, as suggested by Daphnes, and founded a new kingdom there.
2. The GDT plan worked and the islands got bigger forming large landmasses.

Either way, it is pretty plausible that a new Hyrule existed after TWW...

There are all sorts of problems if ALTTP takes place on the adult timeline.
1.Hyrule is gone.
2.The tale of the Seal War is gone(If Link and Tetra did start a new Hyrule they would not know any of the legends of the old Hyrule.
3.The Master Sword is stuck in Ganondorf's head,so how does it get to the Lost Woods?
This is why I don't think ALTTP can fit on the adult timeline.

1. look up this post for this...
2. The Book of Mudora was said to have the legends of Hyrule written in it. That's from LttP, meaning the legends of old Hyrule survived.
3. This is a good argument. I have to say that, if the water level dropped, and the landmasses got bigger, as proposed by the GDT, the MS would simply come back to surfice. Placing it in the pedestal from there would be simple...

The Seal War might have been retcon by Nintendo,and FSA can be explained away by saying it was for gameplay purposes.

If there was a retcon, don't you think Aonuma would have told us so in this interview?

Also, the fact that Hyrule is in an island doesn't add much to gameplay, so there are only gameplay reasons...

1.Please explain if you can,I'm all ears:).
2. The people of old Hyrule knew the story of the Hero of Time.In WW only the people on Outset Island knew anything about the legend about the Hero,but they did not know about Hyrule itself or about the Sages who played a big part in the legend of the Seal War.
3.I agree with you about point#3.

1. The GDT plan...
2. It was written in the Book of Mudora. People didn't have to know it
3. The GDT plan could explain that too...

You seem to be using the book of Mudora as a answer to everything.
The problem with that is we know so little about the book of Mudora.
When was it made?Does it predate OOT?
And saying OOT is the Seal War would not be the first time Miyamoto messed up something in the timeline.Remember how the sleeping Zelda is suppose to be the original Princess Zelda?

You seem to be using the book of Mudora as a answer to everything.

It's the same situation I explained with the Book of Mudora in the past. :P

The problem with that is we know so little about the book of Mudora.

Well, you were claiming that it was impossible for the legends about the SW to have existed after the flood, I'm just saying that it isn't impossible.

When was it made?Does it predate OOT?

Well, back when LttP and OoT were released, OoT was the only BS LttP had, so it's a good assumption.

And saying OOT is the Seal War would not be the first time Miyamoto messed up something in the timeline.Remember how the sleeping Zelda is suppose to be the original Princess Zelda?

That's not true. The original japanese says she was the "shodai". That is a word that means founder, like she was the founder of the naming tradition...

Another problem with the Book of Mudora is that the book is made of paper,which means that it probably would not survive the flooding of Hyrule at the end of Wind Waker.

Another problem with the Book of Mudora is that the book is made of paper,which means that it probably would not survive the flooding of Hyrule at the end of Wind Waker.

It didn't have to be underwater, it could be in a library in some island...

It didn't have to be underwater, it could be in a library in some island...

If it was in a library or on some island then someone would have found it,and most likely have tried to teach people about there past.
Yet as we see in Wind Waker,the people don't know about Hyrule or it's legends.
The only legend that survive was the Hero of Time Legend,and only the hero is mention,not the Sages,yet in ALTTP the people know about the Sages.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Or it could have been sealed in a water-tight chest, like so many other treasures.

But it wasn't. It was written close to LttP's time, because it serves as a translation guide between the CURRENT language and the ancient (presumably OoT) language.

Or it could have been sealed in a water-tight chest, like so many other treasures.

But it wasn't. It was written close to LttP's time, because it serves as a translation guide between the CURRENT language and the ancient (presumably OoT) language.

If it was written close to ALTTP's time,then again that would cause problems.The memory of Hyrule vanished,only the legend of the hero of Time survived,but the sages are not mention,so at the most the legend of the hero might have survived,but the full legend of the Seal War was lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom