• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My timeline idea

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
okay i think were goin a LITTLE off topic so...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is a prequel to The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the first two games released in the series. The back of its packaging states it takes place before The Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time is also a prequel, going even further back and implicitly retelling the backstory of A Link to the Past. The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time. The game explicitly references the "Hero of Time" from that game, and states that, due to the hero's absence, it was necessary to flood Hyrule to stop Ganon. The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures include references to other titles and are known to be a part of the timeline, but their exact relationships with other games have not officially been made clear.
In an interview conducted by Nintendo Dream with Eiji Aonuma in December 2006, it was revealed that there are two parallel universes in the Zelda chronology. The timeline is split at the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda to live through his childhood, while the original events of Ocarina of Time continue on a different path. Once returned to his original time, Link leaves the Master Sword in its place, preventing Ganondorf's plan from coming to fruition, and goes to see Zelda again, resulting in the "Child Timeline" in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages. They attempt to execute him, but he overpowers them, and the sages are instead forced to banish him to the Twilight Realm. Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years later, after Link's role as a child in the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "Adult Timeline", one hundred years after the Hero of Time saved Hyrule in Ocarina of Time, and it is directly followed by Phantom Hourglass.

i copied this off of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(series)
the cronology section​
in short...

:)Ocarina of time:)
/ --------------------- \
majora's mask ------ Wind Waker
|
Twilight princess ------ Phantom hourglass
\|\ ------------
A Link to the Past
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

feel free to comment, dont worry about the whole knowitall thing back there im over it and i COMPLETELY understand zemen now TY​

by the way...
:facepalm:The sun is SOOOOO blue Y dont U know dat​

one big problem i see with this is that it says MC, FS, and FSA make references to other zelda games. thats not ture, MC DOES NOT make ANY reference WHAT-SO-EVER to any other zelda title. another reason why many people put it first on a timeline.

many would argue that OoT does not make any references to another zelda title and thats why it could be first, but it was made way before MC.

infact i kinda just realized something. the back story of OoT talked about a war over the triforce. the back story of MC talks about a war over the light force. i wonder if it could be the same war. if it is, then this means that they HAVE to be relatively close on the timeline, and it would only make sense for MC to be before OoT because MC has no ganondorf or mention of him

master sword

everything is breakable
based on what you said the timeline would be the same only MC would be first

looking more like this

Minish cap
|
/\
|
\|\ ------------
A Link to the Past
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
based on what you said the timeline would be the same only MC would be first

looking more like this

Minish cap
|
/\
|
\|\ ------------
A Link to the Past
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

youre forgetting FS and FSA and the OoX series.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
LITTLE

/ --------------------- \
|
\|\ ------------
A Link to the Past
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

Thats pretty close to what I feel the timeline is. Put Link's Awakening after A Link to the Past, and I feel thats about the most accurate timeline we have.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Before we turn this into a MC debate, I'll say that LoZ and AoL can't come before OoT because OoT is the first time the Triforce is acsessed and LoZ and AoL has the Triforce in them.

master sword

everything is breakable
---old version---​

Minish cap
|
/\
majora's mask ------ Wind Waker-Phantom Hourglass
\|\ ------------
Twilight princess -------
|
A Link to the Past-Links awakening
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

---new version---​

MC
|
(child timeline)-------:)OoT:)-------(adult timeline)​
MM​
WW​
TP ........................................................................................................................................................... PH​

aLttP
LA​

LoZ
AoL​

i dont think FS/FSA should bein the timeline i dont think they are part of it
B U T
that could mean they are at the beginning the thing is they are a mystery 2me​

im gonna goout on a limb and say OoX goes before LoZ ?
go ahead, say it (im serious i duno when to put OoX)
B U T
they cant go on the adult timeline(rightside) due to the fact that its flooded in WW+PH​

they cant go on the adult timeline(rightside) due to the fact that its flooded in WW+PH
So the fact that tMC and FSA are surrounded by water and that the other games atleast have a large body of water some where around them means nothing? Oh and showing a split can be much easier. Try doing it like this. Make 3 lines. Put tMC and/or OoT in the middle line. Put a / on the top line and a \ on the bottom line. Then put tWW/PH after the / and MM-TP after the \. Then just follow up after that.
/tWW/PH
OoT
\MM-TP

See how much easier that is to type and read?

master sword

everything is breakable
(adult timeline)/ WW-PH
MC--OoT--<(timeline splits)
(Child timeline)\-MM TP LttP-LA LoZ-AoL OoX

i'd like to thank- sign of justice -for a better way to display this timeline,
and- pinecove -for where to place OoX

Okay, I can only use 4 images here, so some of the images are just links, please click them to see the said images ;)

(adult timeline)/ WW-PH
MC--OoT--<(timeline splits)
(Child timeline)\-MM TP LttP-LA LoZ-AoL OoX

i'd like to thank- sign of justice -for a better way to display this timeline,
and- pinecove -for where to place OoX

It looks a lot better to understand now :)

Now that I can understand it, I will gladly criticize it.
You see, the Nintendo developers created three alphabets to be used in the Zelda team.

One was used in OoT, implying that it is the alphabet used before the split.
You can find it here: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hylian.htm

Another one is used in TP, indicating that it is the alphabet used in the Child Timeline (CT).
You can find it here: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hylian3.htm

And yet another is used in TWW, indicating that it is the alphabet used in the Adult Timeline (AT).
This one is located here: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hylian2.htm

In TMC, all the books use TWW alphabet, implying that TMC comes in the AT. Considering FS and FSA are sequels, they should come in the AT too.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/dallascowboy927/1865-LegendofZeldaThe-TheMinishC-2.png

Now, you are probably thinking about how would Hyrule exist after TWW, considering the flood. For the past three years, the theorizing community has been discussing that. We found out two quotes from TWW to help us in that. The first one is from Daphnes in the end of the game, telling the Hero of Winds and Tetra to find a new land and populate it. The second one is from the Great Deku Tree, from the korok sidequest. The GDT says that they are planting seeds because the trees can bring land back to the surfice.

In my opinion, the GDT plan is the best one to explain how this can happen. Please notice that, in OoA, there is more water than land in the past, and more land than water in the present.
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/ooa/maps/labpast.gifhttp://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/ooa/maps/labpresent.gif

Now, this idea is strenghtened by the fact that Hyrule is shown as a big island in FSA:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6642/fsayc9.png
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4138/fsabirdseyelw1.jpg
You see how Hyrule seems to be the union of several smaller islands in that map?

And in TMC, if you go all the way up to the Palace of Winds, you'll see this image as the background down below:
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/Lord_Insizor/minishcaphyruleasisland.png

You see, an ocean with a few islands below. It sounds a lot like TWW, doesn't it?

Now it is a fact that Miyamoto gave an interview when OoT was released, where he confirmed that OoT is indeed the same Imprisoning War mentioned in LttP backstory. But that part of OoT only happened in the Adult timeline. This means that LttP has to come after TWW somehow.
I can't look for it right now, but Zelda legends has a good collection of interviews. You can find it somewhere in here:
http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=interviews

Kind of off-topic, but nice:

Q: What about the three soul stones?
Miyamoto: This is an important part of the story, so I'll let you know next time.

Q: Are the soul stones inserted into Ocarina?
Miyamoto: Yes. This is why the holes are empty.

lol

Anyway, back on topic. Please notice that LttP map is almost identical to the FSA map. The biggest difference is that, in FSA, Hyrule is an island, but in LttP it is a landlocked country. Sounds like the GDT plan is woring, right?
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/alttp/maps/lw-map.gif

So, we are left with OoX, LA and LoZ/AoL. By the same lines we were going, we can say that LoZ/AoL comes after FSA-LttP. In AoL, Hyrule is a massive empire, composed of several cities and two continents!
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/aol/maps/overworld-hyrule.gif

Also, AoL has to come in the AT because the towns were named after the sages from OoT. But the Sages were only awakened in the Adult Part of the game.

I won't go too much into LA, but it probably comes after LttP, as you put it.

For OoX (this is a generic name to the oracle games, btw, if you didn't get it yet), we have to understand that Ganon needs to be dead before that game. By the time Oox had been released, this had only happened in two games: LttP and LoZ.

Considering Ganon has the trident in OoX and LttP, but not in LoZ, I believe it is wise to assume that OoX is a sequel to LttP.

master sword

everything is breakable
i have an update

(adult timeline)---------/ WW-PH
FS--MC--FSA--OoT--<(timeline splits)​
(Child timeline)---------\-MM TP LttP-LA LoZ-AoL OoX
OR
MC--FS--FSA--OoT--<(timeline splits)​

in FSA, doesn't it say there were two previous heros who defeated Vatti
in FS and MC the bad guy is vatti

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i have an update

FS--MC--FSA--OoT--<(timeline splits)​
OR
MC--FS--FSA--OoT--<(timeline splits)​

in FSA, doesn't it say there were two previous heros who defeated Vatti
in FS and MC the bad guy is vatti

the first timeline you posted makes almost no sense because FS cant go before MC. MC is the introduction of Vaati whereas FS already has Vaati in the game. MC is the only one of the three games that has Vaati in his human/minish form whereas FS and FSA have him in Demon form the whole game.

also, FSA cant go before OoT because FSA has Ganon in it and Ganon does not exist or show himself until OoT.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
hmmm, then im wrong about FSA BUT

MC FS OoT--<(timeline splits)​

still works

ALTTPs BS is about the seal war which only takes place in the adult part of OoT which means ALTTP and all games connected have to go on the AT. all of the games you have on the CT after TP i would put on the AT except for OoX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom