• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My timeline idea

Master Sword, no one wants to make you feel bad for coming up with ideas. Its a good thing that you are trying to figure out a timeline. Hell it took me forever before I would come up with one. But the thing is that there has been times that the actual creators have given us hints about where certain things go in the timeline. There have also been different sources from game manuals and in game text that reference events of another game. All of this has led most to create a timeline that is very similar almost every time. For a few of the games, some people disagree. Those are the ones where definite facts or hints have not been clear enough to concrete them within a certain point. There are also games that, at this current point in time, do not matter as to where they go within the timeline, such as Minish Cap. Many believe it comes first, others speculate it can come last. Whether or not it comes in either place right now is not really that important to the other games' continuation. But I do applaude you for attempting to come up with a theory. However it is equally important to do research within the games and information that has been given to us as far as a timeline goes so that you can back up your timeline with reasons for why you have it in such a manner.

Im sorry Master sword, but uh. not trying to be mean, but the little reaserch you have done, shows.

While this vid is not neccisarily accurate it has a lot of good info in it for you http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15194.html

Im not saying that its the truth. Also you cant exclude games from the timeline beacuse YOU havent played them/beaten them yet.

Also w/ the MC thing i made a thread about this when i first joined. MC is linked hevily to FS and FSA, so if you consider MC cannon so should the others and vice-versa. while i consider them cannon they are like a side story, and FS/FSA arnt really full games, so I dont count them when I count the zelda games. (meaning 12 zelda games out now)
Also MC is made by capcom, so.... that might have something to do w/ it or it might not

There is also this but its ment to be saitrical (SP?)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29488.html

Last edited:
Well, I would consider FSA as a full Zelda title. It was nothing as lame as FS, plus it had Ganon as the final boss. FS, although it is cannon because of its linkage within the "Four Swords Series" (MC, FS, FSA), sucked for many reasons, mainly because of its lack of playability. Without another person with the game and the time for both to agreeingly set down and beat it, it was a pretty useless inclusion to the ALttP GBA version.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
FSA is for sure a full zelda game. its a pretty good game. its as long as any of the 2D zelda games except its made for a 3D gaming system. i liked the game, personally.

Z

Zlaja

I think if we all do some our researches we will say different things (not lookin on what myamoto said). I think link is travelling through times now he is in links awakening and then he is in WW and after all that he finds himself in PH...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think if we all do some our researches we will say different things (not lookin on what myamoto said). I think link is travelling through times now he is in links awakening and then he is in WW and after all that he finds himself in PH...

im not 100% sure what you mean by this...

it sounds like youre saying that link travels through time and that is why he is in all of the different games, but everyone knows that it is not the same link in each game. Miyamoto has said this many times and it just makes sense.

even if you did research without reading anything that the creators say, you would still be able to tell its not the same link. the back story of WW says that the hero of time never returned, but there is a Link in the time period of WW which means that he is not the same link. even the king of red lions tells the link in WW that he is not related to the hero of time which means that he doesnt even come from the same bloodline as the OoT link. chances are that many of the links are not even related to past links. the only links that are the same in a different game are the ones that are obvious sequels, such as MM link is the same as OoT link and PH link is the same as WW link and so on.

not sure if that is what you were talking about but if it was then i hope this helped you out a bit with your theory on link traveling in time for each game.

Z

Zlaja

im not 100% sure what you mean by this...

it sounds like youre saying that link travels through time and that is why he is in all of the different games, but everyone knows that it is not the same link in each game. Miyamoto has said this many times and it just makes sense.

even if you did research without reading anything that the creators say, you would still be able to tell its not the same link. the back story of WW says that the hero of time never returned, but there is a Link in the time period of WW which means that he is not the same link. even the king of red lions tells the link in WW that he is not related to the hero of time which means that he doesnt even come from the same bloodline as the OoT link. chances are that many of the links are not even related to past links. the only links that are the same in a different game are the ones that are obvious sequels, such as MM link is the same as OoT link and PH link is the same as WW link and so on.

not sure if that is what you were talking about but if it was then i hope this helped you out a bit with your theory on link traveling in time for each game.
I wanted to say something like that (my english is teribble) thats why I dont want to write long

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I wanted to say something like that (my english is teribble) thats why I dont want to write long

ok well if thats what you were trying to say then that is impossible. its a different link in each game. he doesnt time travel to different games.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Lies. :P

That's not true with LoZ, AoL, ALTTP, LA, OoT, MM, WW and PH.

Just had to point that out. :)

if you would have read any of the previous posts you would have seen that i already stated that its a different link in each game EXCEPT for certain ones and i even listed which games have the same link so before you make posts like this, read all of the previous posts in the thread.

and for you, Zlaja, he doesnt travel through time to be in PH. PH is a direct sequel to WW, its not like it takes place 100 years after. link doesnt need to travel through time to be in PH, because it follows closely after WW.

if you would have read any of the previous posts you would have seen that i already stated that its a different link in each game EXCEPT for certain ones and i even listed which games have the same link so before you make posts like this, read all of the previous posts in the thread.

Well you just said on so on which is why I felt absolutely compelled to point this out to everyone here.

:mellow:

master sword

everything is breakable
Master Sword, no one wants to make you feel bad for coming up with ideas. Its a good thing that you are trying to figure out a timeline. Hell it took me forever before I would come up with one. But the thing is that there has been times that the actual creators have given us hints about where certain things go in the timeline. There have also been different sources from game manuals and in game text that reference events of another game. All of this has led most to create a timeline that is very similar almost every time. For a few of the games, some people disagree. Those are the ones where definite facts or hints have not been clear enough to concrete them within a certain point. There are also games that, at this current point in time, do not matter as to where they go within the timeline, such as Minish Cap. Many believe it comes first, others speculate it can come last. Whether or not it comes in either place right now is not really that important to the other games' continuation. But I do applaude you for attempting to come up with a theory. However it is equally important to do research within the games and information that has been given to us as far as a timeline goes so that you can back up your timeline with reasons for why you have it in such a manner.

thank you dark link for you kindly manner in explaining your point

its just when ever i post on this thread Zemen comes in all
:S that didnt happen
:S both 100 yrs after OoT
:S Flelelelelel bleh
he could say it in a nicer way it just felt like he was a Knowitall

please excuse my manerisms Zemen
but also take note of what i am trying to say

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
thank you dark link for you kindly manner in explaining your point

its just when ever i post on this thread Zemen comes in all
:S that didnt happen
:S both 100 yrs after OoT
:S Flelelelelel bleh
he could say it in a nicer way it just felt like he was a Knowitall

please excuse my manerisms Zemen
but also take note of what i am trying to say

not very sure how you think im not being nice about it? if i tell you the sun is yellow when you say its blue thats not at all being mean. all i did was give you facts so that you can make a better timeline. if you say something thats wrong im gonna correct you, not say nice try and let that be the end of it.

master sword

everything is breakable
back on topic

okay i think were goin a LITTLE off topic so...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is a prequel to The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the first two games released in the series. The back of its packaging states it takes place before The Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time is also a prequel, going even further back and implicitly retelling the backstory of A Link to the Past. The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time. The game explicitly references the "Hero of Time" from that game, and states that, due to the hero's absence, it was necessary to flood Hyrule to stop Ganon. The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures include references to other titles and are known to be a part of the timeline, but their exact relationships with other games have not officially been made clear.
In an interview conducted by Nintendo Dream with Eiji Aonuma in December 2006, it was revealed that there are two parallel universes in the Zelda chronology. The timeline is split at the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda to live through his childhood, while the original events of Ocarina of Time continue on a different path. Once returned to his original time, Link leaves the Master Sword in its place, preventing Ganondorf's plan from coming to fruition, and goes to see Zelda again, resulting in the "Child Timeline" in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages. They attempt to execute him, but he overpowers them, and the sages are instead forced to banish him to the Twilight Realm. Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years later, after Link's role as a child in the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "Adult Timeline", one hundred years after the Hero of Time saved Hyrule in Ocarina of Time, and it is directly followed by Phantom Hourglass.

i copied this off of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(series)
the cronology section​
in short...

:)Ocarina of time:)
/ --------------------- \
majora's mask ------ Wind Waker
|
Twilight princess ------ Phantom hourglass
\|\ ------------
A Link to the Past
|
Legend of Zelda
|
Adventure of Link​

feel free to comment, dont worry about the whole knowitall thing back there im over it and i COMPLETELY understand zemen now TY​

by the way...
:facepalm:The sun is SOOOOO blue Y dont U know dat​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom