• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
FoS: Raindrop14.

The quotes THP posted on page 15 kind of made me relize the suspicion she gave, damn, I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

Edit Because of Double post:

Opps here are the quotes..

Vote: Raindrop14

Looking back at some of your posts, you seem to appeal to me as scum.

You vote for Toboe...

Then you unvote...

Then you vote again...

Seems a little shifty on your votes, eh?

I merely think Caeda is just inactive now. Besides, why call out on her vote switching when you switched way more that her? She voted for Toboe almost at the end of the day. That's when things get desperate. It's not suspicious at all. It's a desperate move to get rid of scum.

Smart scum with experience tend to not bandwagon a lot. Because bandwagoning is a common technique, it's overused and getting way to easy to tell who's scum and who's not. Considering that you voted for Toboe and this is a beginner's mafia game, this is quite suspicious.

It is, as long as they are dangerous townies, meaning, confusing posts, seem to scream scum, ect. And why have your eyes on Meego with no reasoning?

I'm pretty sure that his posts are newb mistakes. Not to defend him or anything, but he's always like this. In round 2, his posts were so confusing and we rushed our lynch on day one, but he turned out to be the townie roleblocker.

Mind saying how you are convinced? And being shifty about your votes is totes scum.

Might be easier to actually bring up your past posts. Desperate times make desperate measures. She's way too inactive to actually tell if she is scum from her posts.

Since we're desperate and all, I'm going to vote for you. Don't take it personally, but this is the best lead I've got.

Well, there goes our cop. Not good…

From the mafia wiki: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Flavor_Cop

If I understand correctly, a flavor cop is a cop that gets the person's role name instead of the regular guilty/innocent.

And once again there was only one kill. This time it's obvious the kill is from the mafia, since the description mentions 4 shadows. But no SK or vigilante kill. I'm starting to think the mafia are the only ones with a nightkill ability.

If I understand correctly, a flavor cop is a cop that gets the person's role name instead of the regular guilty/innocent.

And once again there was only one kill. This time it's obvious the kill is from the mafia, since the description mentions 4 shadows. But no SK or vigilante kill. I'm starting to think the mafia are the only ones with a nightkill ability.

EBWODP:

Looking back at jedizora's posts, he mentioned on two occasions that he thinks zelda_8 was a townie, so it's possible that she was someone who he investigated on night 1:

My Supisions, well, are nothing. Despite the overanalizing, I personally think that Zelda_8 is Innocant. Shes only scum hunting. If takeing it to far.

I feel like one of the only ones that thinks Zelda_8 is town. She was over analizing, and your gut instincts aren't going to help us lynch scum. If you manage to convince the whole town to vote for zelda_8, it will help the mafia lynch townies. Which is not something we need.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D

Sooo what do you think is the 3rd role player

David

But you called me here...
A flavor cop receives a "flavor" or item from the game mod each night. That item pertains to the role, or character that the player received. Its like a detective finding a clue. They're given it, but they have to figure out who it belongs to.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Just so there is no confusion...
When you are at L-2 or L-1 (1 or 2 votes away from being lynched) it is imperative you claim your role or at least nameclaim, so town doesn't mislynch. Be sure to claim at least a Day before deadline, that is why voting at ANY TIME is imperative. If we all pile our votes on on the last day, and the person we are about to lynch claims cop, it's usually too late because of the current rule that whoever has the most votes by deadline is lynched (which is one reason why I hate that rule).
Caeda didn't claim at all. Everyone alive should do this in the future.
Mafia may not have fakeclaims so we they will claim a very weak role/vanilla townie. If the Mafia do have fakeclaims, they will be very unsubstantial characters.
I just remembered this is supposed to be a learning experience for you all so I'm going to try to play with that in mind >.>

Ouch we lost our cop.

Elfen I find your last post suspicious because you just repeated THP's post and said you never thought of that. Ya its good to go back, and re-read posts, but you don't need to quote it and say good point, or I never thought of that.

FOS:Elfen

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Vote: zelda_8

I shouldn't have swithed my vote before because scum she is...my gut tells me and I'm not sure how right you guys are about raindrop... I'll try to post more but iPhones are slow...

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Vote: Celeboy

You never seem to have your own opinion on most things and just follow something that's somewhat popular, and always seem to play it safe, or have so far. Seems scummish to me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun

I shouldn't have swithed my vote before because scum she is...my gut tells me and I'm not sure how right you guys are about raindrop... I'll try to post more but iPhones are slow...
Why are you voting zelda_8?
She's not scum.

MikauIncarnate: Why did you think zelda_8 was innocent yesterday?

Also, THP should post more. TheGreen too.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
What's your evidence? I want to see it.

This was just an RVS because you haven't been posting much lately, I'll most likely change my vote later but I want to see more of your posts. If no one posts then you can't find scumtell in people, so (most likely) the quiet ones are going to be mafia because they don't want the town finding possible scumtell in their posts, or they just want to lay low.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Why are you voting zelda_8?
She's not scum.

MikauIncarnate: Why did you think zelda_8 was innocent yesterday?

Also, THP should post more. TheGreen too.

This is a very strange post to me. First, you say that Zelda_8 is scum, like it's a definite thing. Then, you turn around and ask me why I thought she was innocent yesterday. In response to that question, it's because the 'overanalysis post' that everybody was so worked up about really didn't seem anything like the one in the last game. Plus, in my mind, even if the Mafia are supposed to be completely random, I don't think too many people would put the same person as Mafia twice in a row. You can let me know if this has actually happened in the past, but that's just my take on the whole thing.
Now I'm going to do what my gut has told me to do for a long time:

Vote: Viral Maze

You've seemed scummy to me since Day 1, and Axle said in the Mafia Beginner's guide:

"Weigh Evidence, Watch For Inconsistencies, and Trust Your Gut"

Meego7 said:

Your gut is going against valid evidence to her innocence. Jedizora flipped cop. Since he saw zelda_8 innocent, it's probably because he investigated her and interpreted his received item as innocent.

Plus, in my mind, even if the Mafia are supposed to be completely random, I don't think too many people would put the same person as Mafia twice in a row.
Master Kokiri 9.

EBWODP
The last quote is of MikauIncarnate.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Sooo what do you think is the 3rd role player

3rd party player, you mean.

The 3rd party is probably a survivor if he/she can't nightkill, or it could be a vig/sk who can't nightkill.

Vote: Celeboy.

Jo hinted at us heavily that there is a 3rd party role in this game. And vig is always a townie. And an SK wouldn't be called an SK if he or she cannot nightkill:rolleyes:

And seriously, at this point in the game, there should be enough evidence to at least make a evidence based lynch. You don't give evidence to back up your vote, so this only strengthens my suspicion I have on you. I'm not going to vote just yet, but FoS: Raindrop14

Just so there is no confusion...
When you are at L-2 or L-1 (1 or 2 votes away from being lynched) it is imperative you claim your role or at least nameclaim, so town doesn't mislynch. Be sure to claim at least a Day before deadline, that is why voting at ANY TIME is imperative. If we all pile our votes on on the last day, and the person we are about to lynch claims cop, it's usually too late because of the current rule that whoever has the most votes by deadline is lynched (which is one reason why I hate that rule).
Caeda didn't claim at all. Everyone alive should do this in the future.
Mafia may not have fakeclaims so we they will claim a very weak role/vanilla townie. If the Mafia do have fakeclaims, they will be very unsubstantial characters.
I just remembered this is supposed to be a learning experience for you all so I'm going to try to play with that in mind >.>

And to add to this, name claiming and role claiming is allowed, but you have to paraphrase your role PM.

Elfen I find your last post suspicious because you just repeated THP's post and said you never thought of that. Ya its good to go back, and re-read posts, but you don't need to quote it and say good point, or I never thought of that.

I agree. I'd like to see what you think about my thinking.

Plus, in my mind, even if the Mafia are supposed to be completely random, I don't think too many people would put the same person as Mafia twice in a row. You can let me know if this has actually happened in the past, but that's just my take on the whole thing.

It actually has happened before- a person getting third party and mafia roles in a row game after game. (Master Kokiri 9... >_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom