• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the people that seem suspicious to me are Durion, Hero of Music and Elfen, all who have resisted the RVS. As the saying goes guys, to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. ZD has suffered from townies being afraid to vote in past mafia games. I don't trust any of you, but I'm going to vote for the guy I find the most suspicious.

Vote: Durion

EBWODP: Also I'll be away for a few days but I'll pop back in before the day ends.

David

But you called me here...
So far the people that seem suspicious to me are Durion, Hero of Music and Elfen, all who have resisted the RVS. As the saying goes guys, to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. ZD has suffered from townies being afraid to vote in past mafia games. I don't trust any of you, but I'm going to vote for the guy I find the most suspicious.

EBWODP: Also I'll be away for a few days but I'll pop back in before the day ends.

I resisted the RVS solely on the basis that I didn't feel it necessary this round... Plus there was already a vote placed on another user leading into an RVS. I am not afraid to vote. I have nothing to lose. I already voted for Elfen. And my vote on him still stands.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Wait... I thought Durion was pro RVS... I need to go re-read =\

D: Nyeeehhh. Boo to RVS. Like Durion said, it gives the mafia a free kill. To be safe for now, I shall do no lynch. BUT! If some one raises a wild hair in my rear I will change it. :P

Vote: No Lynch
Well to each their own, you don't have to RVS if you don't want to, at this point a vote for no lynch is no different then no vote placed at all. Were you pushing for a no lynch so early? Or is it safe to assume this is just a place holder until you see something you DO want to vote on yes?

I think an RVS helps the town more than a no-lynch. A no-lynch means the Mafia might a get a nightkill, but we won't have a lot of information to go on from the day period.
I don't think a no-lynch will really help. However, it just the first day, and as was said earlier, might as well give the Mafia a free kill. Let's just play it by ear. For now.
... Mafia get a chance at nightkill, with or with out a lynch. Only protective (or blocking) roles can stop it. Elven voting this early for a no lynch has little effect towards a real no lynch. I don't recall many mafia voting for no lynches, so usually it's town who are afraid or can't make up their minds. I'm pretty sure a no lynch is only rarely profitable to the town. I can't even really think of any scenarios where it would be...

Vote: Elfen

Voting for a no lynch at this point of the game is stupid. You might as well just not have said anything. Plus, no lynches really only help scum kill someone else during the night.

EBWODP:

So yeah, going for a no vote helps scum kill someone at night because we didn't vote for anyone in the day period that had a chance at being scum.
Even is a scum is killed by lynch the mafia still get nightkills. No lynch doesn't effect that. Though while it can save an extra loss of a town, to helps nothing in stopping killing the side that is going to be killing town at night. In the last game, I as mafia was annoyed that the town was not lynching as WE needed them to kill off their numbers for us. But it work to the scums advantage after all as the town got more and more desperate to lynch, and more confused. The no lynches + inactivity and participation keep them all in the dark. No information.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Wait... I thought Durion was pro RVS... I need to go re-read =\

Well to each their own, you don't have to RVS if you don't want to, at this point a vote for no lynch is no different then no vote placed at all. Were you pushing for a no lynch so early? Or is it safe to assume this is just a place holder until you see something you DO want to vote on yes?
YEESSS that is what I was trying to say.

OMFG ITS GOING TO RAIN!!!! Finally, Texas is(was) in a severe drought, where I was at least. I'm happy <3

David

But you called me here...
YEESSS that is what I was trying to say.

OMFG ITS GOING TO RAIN!!!! Finally, Texas is(was) in a severe drought, where I was at least. I'm happy <3

Post does absolutely nothing to help the town at all. We don't care about the weather over where you're at...

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I see now, miss part of his 1st post were he clearly says he not for RVS, I thought he was more ya not neutral/pro
I don't think that we should jump into the RVS due to the fact that it gives the mafia a free kill, and I doubt we'll be lucky enough to randomly vote off a scum at this point in the game. I think we should be trying to force mistakes from players first.
... an RVS doesn't give the mafia a free kill unless we jump onto a bandwagon with out analysis. A no lynch give them more of a free kill...
As jdenicholls pointed out:
Elfen, Hero of Music, Durion, but also THP, and Green Goron were against RVS

Not being for RVS /resisting isn't surprising with our past behavior and history here. But the thing that sticks out to me is those like THP and Durion who point out the possible flaws-- such as mafia wont react to it unless they are inexperienced or are close to a lynch. It's more or less giving them tips and hints to what to avoid, and how to react. I thought of these points, but didn't point these out as this info would HELP the scum (not the town). As scum have more to lose from a lynch then town, they react stronger when under-presser most of the time.

RVSing isn't the only way to start a game. Sure day ones are always awkward because we have little to none evidence to work with, but from what I've seen, only scum who haven't had much experience playing mafia have actually cracked under the pressure of a vote. Considering this is a regular mafia game and not a beginner's (and that everyone is currently or has played at least one mafia game, which means they have at least some basic experience), I don't think RVSing will work. Then again, you never know when someone spazzes and freaks out from a vote.
The problem is that to actually cause someone to crack under pressure, you need to get a good number of votes that will cause them to believe that they will probably be lynched, at least enough to bring them within 3-4 votes of a majority lynch. If the person does happen to be a townie, then the mafia won't hold back from finishing a band wagon because there is no proof against them, if you try to accuse them there are 11 other people they can bring into defend themselves with.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I resisted the RVS solely on the basis that I didn't feel it necessary this round... Plus there was already a vote placed on another user leading into an RVS. I am not afraid to vote. I have nothing to lose. I already voted for Elfen. And my vote on him still stands.

Jd only says you are a little bit suspicious, and he even votes for Durion. Than why do you go immediately into defence? I don't really get why that's so necessary for you atm, a few pages later and maybe no one will suspect you anymore, this is only the beginning of the game. I don't get why you go so quickly into defence like you did now.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Jd only says you are a little bit suspicious, and he even votes for Durion. Than why do you go immediately into defence? I don't really get why that's so necessary for you atm, a few pages later and maybe no one will suspect you anymore, this is only the beginning of the game. I don't get why you go so quickly into defense like you did now.
Yeah... While his defense of his anti-RVS comes off to me as not too defensive. Along the lines of reasonable, But putting that with his aggressiveness at Elfen. (I just saw his post before mine now too.) He is some one to watch.

At the moment HoM and Jedizora stand out to me. Jedi backs of of his vote after Kybyrian and Hero of Time say their thoughts of Elfen's innocents. Not sure if he is playing around or if this is a real reaction to a vote on him

So Keyshe and Elfen are scum buddies...
That's cool...
:huh: that is really random. If you really think so why not switch your vote to one of us, eh?

The only thing that I see is bad about the whole RVS thing is that it starts a debate over whether or not its a good move or a scum tactic. Its nice because its a great way to break the ice, but then we need to get to a point where we move past that.

You see, you missed my point. With that one vote, this is the only reaction you're going to get. :rolleyes:

I see now, miss part of his 1st post were he clearly says he not for RVS, I thought he was more ya not neutral/pro
... an RVS doesn't give the mafia a free kill unless we jump onto a bandwagon with out analysis. A no lynch give them more of a free kill...
As jdenicholls pointed out:
Elfen, Hero of Music, Durion, but also THP, and Green Goron were against RVS

Not being for RVS /resisting isn't surprising with our past behavior and history here. But the thing that sticks out to me is those like THP and Durion who point out the possible flaws-- such as mafia wont react to it unless they are inexperienced or are close to a lynch. It's more or less giving them tips and hints to what to avoid, and how to react. I thought of these points, but didn't point these out as this info would HELP the scum (not the town). As scum have more to lose from a lynch then town, they react stronger when under-presser most of the time.

To be perfectly honest, if you crack under the pressure of one vote, you shouldn't actually be in this game of mafia due to the fact that, well, you've cracked under the pressure of one vote. My point is that unless we all bandwagon until someone has around 7-8 votes against them, then they probably won't crack at all because they have no real reason to be worried at that moment in time. With the vote I have against me, and the votes that everyone else have against them, there are 11 more votes that need to be collected for one of us to be lynched, so we have no reason to worry. It's just logic.

In fact, most people in here haven't really bothered to react to a vote against them, and you can't defend that with "Well clearly they haven't seen the vote against them." because the majority of people who've been randomly voted for have actually quoted that user who's voted for them and discussed something else. Much like I have here.

Interesting developments here. Durr, you are in the clear....for now.

Unvote
Vote: Hero of Music

Nicole

luke is my wife
Keyshe said:
... Mafia get a chance at nightkill, with or with out a lynch. Only protective (or blocking) roles can stop it. Elven voting this early for a no lynch has little effect towards a real no lynch. I don't recall many mafia voting for no lynches, so usually it's town who are afraid or can't make up their minds. I'm pretty sure a no lynch is only rarely profitable to the town. I can't even really think of any scenarios where it would be...

That's what I meant when I said "might." I took protective roles in mind. Axle said there are no Vanilla Townies in the game. That doesn't mean everyone has a "special" special role (like Doctor, Cop, Vig, etc.), but might have a dandy little role like a one-shot protector or one-shot Cop. But there are so many more roles than just that. I suggest everyone look up a wiki on Mafia roles. There's on specific one that lists a bunch of rare roles.

I think there's a bunch of rando voting going on. It doesn't seem like RVSing, but in essence, most votes on a Day 1 ARE RVS'es, unless someone has a really bad slip-up. Reason being is because no one has real evidence yet. Unless we have a Day Cop... For those of you who haven't read the Wiki, and Day Cop is the same as a regular Cop, only they PM the moderator with their choice during the day period. I think I'll wait it out until I see something that really jumps at me. Or if I/we find some real evidence.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Keyshe said:
That's what I meant when I said "might." I took protective roles in mind. Axle said there are no Vanilla Townies in the game. That doesn't mean everyone has a "special" special role (like Doctor, Cop, Vig, etc.), but might have a dandy little role like a one-shot protector or one-shot Cop. But there are so many more roles than just that. I suggest everyone look up a wiki on Mafia roles. There's on specific one that lists a bunch of rare roles.

I think there's a bunch of rando voting going on. It doesn't seem like RVSing, but in essence, most votes on a Day 1 ARE RVS'es, unless someone has a really bad slip-up. Reason being is because no one has real evidence yet. Unless we have a Day Cop... For those of you who haven't read the Wiki, and Day Cop is the same as a regular Cop, only they PM the moderator with their choice during the day period. I think I'll wait it out until I see something that really jumps at me. Or if I/we find some real evidence.
I think I understand, your point was not that no lynch would effect the nightkills but, information? I still feel a little iffy on this something sticks out to me. I'll let this pass for now as it could be innocent enough.

However, you've talked a lot about RVS being a pro. RVS will result in random-ish votes, now you've noticed it eh? I don't see what you meant at all that Day one vote are all RVS. Most of the time, here on ZD at least, the vote cast are done when something that looks scummy comes up, not a RVS play at all. You look contradictory to your previous stance. Trying too hard to look neutral and town?

To be perfectly honest, if you crack under the pressure of one vote, you shouldn't actually be in this game of mafia due to the fact that, well, you've cracked under the pressure of one vote. My point is that unless we all bandwagon until someone has around 7-8 votes against them, then they probably won't crack at all because they have no real reason to be worried at that moment in time. With the vote I have against me, and the votes that everyone else have against them, there are 11 more votes that need to be collected for one of us to be lynched, so we have no reason to worry. It's just logic.

In fact, most people in here haven't really bothered to react to a vote against them, and you can't defend that with "Well clearly they haven't seen the vote against them." because the majority of people who've been randomly voted for have actually quoted that user who's voted for them and discussed something else. Much like I have here.
Indeed, I understand your point. And agree with it for the most part, however it's not helpful to the town for you to be giving that much info/tips to the mafia. You could have encouraged pressure, with out all the other date and keep it shorter.

Worst part I would say about RVS is the fact it's given a different name and used as an vote with next to no weight in the first place. It's best to be serious with all your votes so there is real pressure. Itself is a bit of a joke, such as Kybyrian vote vs Viral's. It was clear the vote against DracoMajora meant nothing, apposed to the vote on jedizora. Which is why Jedi's response is intriguing, He already knew RVS were in play, but seemed taken aback when a real vote was cast. Almost like he was making light of it. Plus he backed of of his vote real quick. A little wishy-washy putting it all together. A wolf among the sheep?

Vote: Jedizora
(I say you are scummy)

Nicole

luke is my wife
Keyshe said:
I think I understand, your point was not that no lynch would effect the nightkills but, information? I still feel a little iffy on this something sticks out to me. I'll let this pass for now as it could be innocent enough.

However, you've talked a lot about RVS being a pro. RVS will result in random-ish votes, now you've noticed it eh? I don't see what you meant at all that Day one vote are all RVS. Most of the time, here on ZD at least, the vote cast are done when something that looks scummy comes up, not a RVS play at all. You look contradictory to your previous stance. Trying too hard to look neutral and town?

Eh, where to start here? The reason I feel all first day votes are RVS'ish in a sense is because no one knows anyone else's roles. You may say "Oh, this person looks scummy because their posts are [insert reason here]." However, it's still just a guess. The only sound evidence comes from lynches or nightkills. When someone is killed/lynched, their role is revealed. Even if they're townie, you can look back and gather info from that, like who pushed hard for their lynch, or who didn't want to vote, etc.

The reason I am pro-RVS is because it will reveal things about people. Their role, as I mentioned, but also how they react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom