• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedizora

:right:
Oh, I'm here. The game has begun, and so has the annual discussion of RVS: Scum tactic or not?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Me said:
Now, I know nothing about Castlevania, but I'm pretty sure Dracula is the bad guy. :/ What is this "majority" stuff?

*facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

I apologize for this epiic fail. Its too early in the moring. o_O

jedizora said:
Oh, I'm here. The game has begun, and so has the annual discussion of RVS: Scum tactic or not?

Not. An RVS gets people to react, and make scummy mistakes. RVSing is scumhunting, in a sense, in the early stages of the game. And an RVS is a risk. Remember, townies have nothing to lose. Only Mafia are "careful."

EBWODP
Normally, Mafiosos are careful, but not all the time. :/ Taht's what I meant with the quotes around careful. >.>

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
RVS isn't just to get inexperienced scum to crack, it helps you see how people react, and reactions are very important, like Kokorion said.

Vote: DracoMajora

Oh boy, here we go again, the RVS debate. Like others have said, RVS is fine. Nobody ever gets lynched because he has too many RVS votes on him. With RVS you at least get to see reactions and it may lead to something.

Anyway, RVS is quite common here, in fact I've yet to see a game where it doesn't play a major part in the first lynch of the game. Just check the old game threads and you'll probably see the evidence.

Yeah but most of the time, one person RVSes and he gets lynched because of it :xd:

Kybyrian

O hai. First poast. Where should I start?

Well, I'm pretty sure you guys know where I stand on the RVS deal. It can help, certainly. Odds are, the first person to be lynched or killed at the beginning of a Mafia game will be a townie, simply because we outnumber the Mafia. Wait a minute... V

Now, I know nothing about Castlevania, but I'm pretty sure Dracula is the bad guy. :/ What is this "majority" stuff?

Anyway, where was I? *ahem* Yeah, odds are, the first person to be killed will be a townie, as long as we do outnumber the Mafia. When roles are revealed, it makes it easier to gather evidence than it would be now, because right now, no one knows who anyone else is.

So yeah. A little more in-depth than most of my "Mafia first poasts," but I felt the need to with all the RVS stuff going on.

I assume this game will be a little like the last one, where the criminals were the townies and the good guys were Mafia.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I'm pretty sure that Gonzo is Baysiderulez's partner, not completely sure though.
The proper term is husband ;) Hiya Conzo!

I should give you guys a heads up, Viral, Bay and of course Gonzo are attempting to chance the play style we use here on ZD, to more like LoZ, where we are not so afraid of voting and have a more free and fun games. RVS is one way, an RVS is "Random Voting Stage" It's not to randomly lynch some one, but an investigation tactic. A lynch should be thought out, not just bandwagon and killed who is voted for. Though it's been shot down before here on ZD, I think giving it more freedom and open mind would be good for all players. (Though I do see it possible have negative results some times (our power roles could get caught by them too.), I can acknowledge the pros as well ) So I think Viral and Bay have a good idea :yes:

Axle maybe you should have the Castlevania wiki link in your first post? Also here is a role list from mafia wiki too.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Oh we're finally starting. Looks like I'll have to read up a bit to figure out where we're at so far.

okay

hi

i'm here

Anyway, already starting with RVS are we? Well, can't say I didn't see it coming. But besides that, I can't really say much, other than....hi.

To summarize my thoughts, I"ll RVS myself:

Vote: Everyone

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
D: Nyeeehhh. Boo to RVS. Like Durion said, it gives the mafia a free kill. To be safe for now, I shall do no lynch. BUT! If some one raises a wild hair in my rear I will change it. :P

Vote: No Lynch

David

But you called me here...
D: Nyeeehhh. Boo to RVS. Like Durion said, it gives the mafia a free kill. To be safe for now, I shall do no lynch. BUT! If some one raises a wild hair in my rear I will change it. :P

Vote: Elfen

Voting for a no lynch at this point of the game is stupid. You might as well just not have said anything. Plus, no lynches really only help scum kill someone else during the night.

EBWODP:

So yeah, going for a no vote helps scum kill someone at night because we didn't vote for anyone in the day period that had a chance at being scum.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I think an RVS helps the town more than a no-lynch. A no-lynch means the Mafia might a get a nightkill, but we won't have a lot of information to go on from the day period. If you don't get what I mean by that, here are two scenarios I just came up with:

A no-lynch occurs.
Mafia nightkills Soldier of Link.
Random mafia player: "Oh wow, wonder why that happened."

Other example:

Town lynches Soldier of Link.
Random mafia player 1: "Well, so-and-so really pushed for her lynch, that might be scummy."
Random mafia player 2: "But other so-and-so didn't scumhunt much at all."
*Discussion ensues*

I hope that doesn't seem too spazzy... <.<

I don't think a no-lynch will really help. However, it just the first day, and as was said earlier, might as well give the Mafia a free kill. Let's just play it by ear. For now.

EBWODP

Yeah, what Hommy said.

Kirino

Tatakae
Looks like the bad guys have the townie roles...again. I don't see a problem with random voting. It helps get the game started and lets you see peoples reactions. And it's not like it's permenant. You can take it back anytime.

Vote:Dracomajora

EBWODP: Off topic, but can someone tell me why sometimes when I post a smile replaces a letter that I posted? It's annoying.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The colon-D combination makes a smilie face. You'll have to put a space between the ':' and the 'D'.

I don't think you know what you're talking about... Or doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom