• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic Mafia Rules; not the specific rules of THIS game (which are below), but a rough guide to how to play.
Mafia Beginner's Guide: has good tips for playing the game.

Castlevania Wiki for those who don't know much about Castlevania.
Mafia Wiki for those who want to research roles and strategies.

Rules
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.
- I may be willing to provide extensions on the deadline if it's requested and enough people want it.

The forces of light and darkness have clashed constantly throughout the ages. In ancient times the church and vampires have battled frequently, but one day a brilliant tactician and alchemist named Mathias lost his beloved wife, and thus began a war against God, becoming the Dark Lord, Dracula. With his army of vampires and demons, he ravaged the land from his lair in Castlevania. Castlevania itself was a creature of chaos, a living, changing entity born of the same powers which Dracula was granted. However, it was ultimately Mathias' own friend who would stop him from achieving his dark designs. Leon Belmont, his best friend during his time as a human, ended up giving birth to the line of heroes, the Belmont Clan, who would wield the mighty and holy Vampire Killer whip and repeatedly strike down Dracula. In times where the Belmonts were absent, other heroes of light would take up the mission of defeating Dracula each time he arose, revived by his followers.

This is how history has unfolded. Even upon Dracula's eventual death in 1999, his power and evil influence was destined to live on in his successor. The battle between light and darkness would seem eternal. And so, a certain organization dedicated to protecting the flow of time decided that it should now and forever come to an end. Aeon, a member of this organization, gathered all the key players in this conflict from throughout all of history and gathered them for one final confrontation that would decide the fate of history itself. From atop the tower of Castlevania, he addressed those who he had gathered.

"Right on time. My name is Aeon. Welcome to the Time Rift."

As different periods of history meshed, reality itself distorted. Gathered in Castlevania, almost none of those gathered could recognize each other as their features blurred and twisted.

"You must do battle and decide who will rule history. Light, or Dark. The sun is coming up, so those of you who revel in the dark should stay within Castlevania until the night. Anyone who doesn't want to be weeded out as one of those who can walk in the light may want to join them."

All the creatures and men of both darkness and light gathered within the halls. Aeon addressed them again.

"The majority of this gathering is made up of Dracula's followers, men and creatures of darkness. Some of your most powerful allies rely on Dracula's power itself; should he be eliminated, you will have much more difficulty winning. Among you hide the heroes of light. And also, there are third parties who do not serve either side, and they may seek Dracula's power."

Aeon held up his staff and the clock atop it began to tick.

"Shall we begin the first trial?"

Day 1 Begins

--Players Alive: 23--
TheGreen
arkvoodle
Meego7
Hero of Time
MikauIncarnate
Josh
Zenox
jedizora
Hero of Music
jdenicholls
illmatic
kokirion
Dracomajora
Keyshe
Durion
Viral Maze
Soldier of Link
Kybyrian
green goron
TreeHuggerPanda
Elfen
Deku Shroom
Gonzo

Day 1 ends on Sunday the 17th. 12 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. Should the deadline be reached without a Majority, the person with the most votes will be lynched. You may also vote "No Lynch".

Side note: Sorry for any organizational issues with this game prior to starting, such as needing to send additional PMs to clarify roles. Everything should be handled now, though, and I believe this will go smoothly.

It also should be noted that there are no Vanilla Townies in this game. Some may think they are, OR their role may never really come into play, but everyone has something special about them.

Last edited:
inb4: Ninja'd

First!

Also, just fyi before people start causing a cow. I'mma experiment with a new playstyle this time. My old one was basically just reacting, and it obviously wasn't well thought out, and it frustrates me to no end.

EBWODP: First off, hooray for not ninja'd

Second, why 3 hours with no posts? That makes no sense :/ did I misread something?

EBWODP2: Axle, for me to not be frightened to come to this thread, you're gonna have to change your avatar. :|

I forgot about this, sorry about this.

I'll be gone thanks to Spring Break until sunday next week. Headed to California. No internet access is planned, and nothing to access ZD is being brought.

I'm very sorry, I should've notified earlier.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?

I'll be gone thanks to Spring Break until sunday next week. Headed to California. No internet access is planned, and nothing to access ZD is being brought.

Aw well have fun, see you when you get back. You'll probably won't be modkill with this heads up and all. Today seems to be a slow day for a game to start on...

For anyone who needs it here is a Wiki on Castlevania to help out on who's who and what not. I can't wait to find out what roles are in the game and what they can do. >:D

EBWODP:
Lol I just saw the link to the music, very funny Axle. :lol:

Last edited:

You should stop by and visit, lol.

Anyway I am so excited that this game has finally started, good luck to all.....

Vote: Kokirion

arkvoodle

Diabolical

Anyway I am so excited that this game has finally started, good luck to all.....

That was fast! o_O

Anyway, this game seems more complicated than the ones beforehand. Nonetheless, i'm sure it'll be fun~

inb4: Ninja'd

First!

Also, just fyi before people start causing a cow. I'mma experiment with a new playstyle this time. My old one was basically just reacting, and it obviously wasn't well thought out, and it frustrates me to no end.

EBWODP: First off, hooray for not ninja'd

Second, why 3 hours with no posts? That makes no sense :/ did I misread something?

EBWODP2: Axle, for me to not be frightened to come to this thread, you're gonna have to change your avatar. :|

You gonna raeg and quit because you think your losing this time, sir? :rolleyes:

I don't think that we should jump into the RVS due to the fact that it gives the mafia a free kill, and I doubt we'll be lucky enough to randomly vote off a scum at this point in the game. I think we should be trying to force mistakes from players first.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I don't think that we should jump into the RVS due to the fact that it gives the mafia a free kill, and I doubt we'll be lucky enough to randomly vote off a scum at this point in the game. I think we should be trying to force mistakes from players first.

But forcing mistakes from players is exactly what RVSing does. The point of it is to apply pressure to others so they'll crack. I don't think Gonzo was ever planning on actually getting Kokiron lynched, considering that he hasn't even posted yet.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule

RVSing isn't the only way to start a game. Sure day ones are always awkward because we have little to none evidence to work with, but from what I've seen, only scum who haven't had much experience playing mafia have actually cracked under the pressure of a vote. Considering this is a regular mafia game and not a beginner's (and that everyone is currently or has played at least one mafia game, which means they have at least some basic experience), I don't think RVSing will work. Then again, you never know when someone spazzes and freaks out from a vote.

Hey, guys and gals. I don't know much about Castlevania, but that doesn't matter too much. I'll try to scumhunt more because I hate being lynched for a lack of scumhunting. But, I do access ZD via my iPod, so making long posts is difficult. However, I will be more active this game. Now more people need to post!

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler

Although I'm the victim this time, I do agree with RVS ;) It starts discussions and you are able to see how people react.
But at ZD, almost everyone is against RVS, and not many people use it, and I think it is a lot more valuable if more people are using it... but since everyone is even against it here, you're almost only stimulating a pointless discussion of wether RVS is okay or not.
btw, I've never heared of you before, am I wrong or are you new at ZD?

@ Axle, originall idea. No VT's, should be fun

But forcing mistakes from players is exactly what RVSing does. The point of it is to apply pressure to others so they'll crack. I don't think Gonzo was ever planning on actually getting Kokiron lynched, considering that he hasn't even posted yet.

The problem is that to actually cause someone to crack under pressure, you need to get a good number of votes that will cause them to believe that they will probably be lynched, at least enough to bring them within 3-4 votes of a majority lynch. If the person does happen to be a townie, then the mafia won't hold back from finishing a band wagon because there is no proof against them, if you try to accuse them there are 11 other people they can bring into defend themselves with.

Although I'm the victim this time, I do agree with RVS ;) It starts discussions and you are able to see how people react.
But at ZD, almost everyone is against RVS, and not many people use it, and I think it is a lot more valuable if more people are using it... but since everyone is even against it here, you're almost only stimulating a pointless discussion of wether RVS is okay or not.
btw, I've never heared of you before, am I wrong or are you new at ZD?

@ Axle, originall idea. No VT's, should be fun

I'm pretty sure that Gonzo is Baysiderulez's partner, not completely sure though.

Anyway, RVS is quite common here, in fact I've yet to see a game where it doesn't play a major part in the first lynch of the game. Just check the old game threads and you'll probably see the evidence.

Also, Axle, are we allowed to evidence from past games in any form?

Nicole

luke is my wife
O hai. First poast. Where should I start?

Well, I'm pretty sure you guys know where I stand on the RVS deal. It can help, certainly. Odds are, the first person to be lynched or killed at the beginning of a Mafia game will be a townie, simply because we outnumber the Mafia. Wait a minute... V

Axle said:
majority of this gathering is made up of Dracula's followers
Now, I know nothing about Castlevania, but I'm pretty sure Dracula is the bad guy. :/ What is this "majority" stuff?

Anyway, where was I? *ahem* Yeah, odds are, the first person to be killed will be a townie, as long as we do outnumber the Mafia. When roles are revealed, it makes it easier to gather evidence than it would be now, because right now, no one knows who anyone else is.

So yeah. A little more in-depth than most of my "Mafia first poasts," but I felt the need to with all the RVS stuff going on.

David

But you called me here...
So... The game has begun.

In a more advanced setting, I do not feel that we need an RVS stage. It just doesn't seem to me to be a huge help when everyone here has played mafia at least once before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom