• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game Cover

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Throughout gaming history there have been some very iconic covers/boxes, so I would like to know, what is your favorite?

There are 3 I love,

3. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2

1. And my absolute favorite,The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It just looks so classic!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Some that come to mind are...

-Infamous.

infamous-cover.jpg

Cole looks so awesome holding electricity in his hand. I just love everything about this game.

-Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and XBox 360.

sonic-the-hedgehog-pal-front-cover-62294.jpg

Sonic running on the front, with epic poses on the back. The cover of this game really makes you want to buy it. (Too bad you can't say the same for the gameplay) I seriously got this game because I saw the cover.

-Jak 3.

Jak_3-USA.jpg

Seriously, Jak and Daxter's poses on this are freaking awesome. Badboys coming through. The background of the back of the cover is also a sign of things to come but you don't figure that out until you play the game.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
well i like a lot of game covers just to say i will say my favorite zelda ones - The legend of zelda ocarina of time- - the legend of zelda twlight princess-

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My favorite is probably Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just seeing all those Nintendo characters gathered together in that blue backdrop when I first saw it picked up my adrenaline, and memories of Melee and SSB 64 engulfed me. I swear, it's the most excited I've ever been about a title other than Zelda.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have a few favorite covers that I liked.
Fire-Emblem-Radiant-Dawn--Ntsc-Front-Cover-1119.jpg
This just looks beautiful on the front. It corresponds well to the title of the game.
the_legend_of_zelda_spirit_tracks_frontcover_large_56XDChsiS7OMPM1.jpg
The European cover for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks looked very interesting to me for some reason. :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I always loved Dragon Warrior's box art:

dragon_warrior_box_us_73345.jpg

Unfortunately the gameplay was a bit mundane .. it felt like it was about 90% level grinding and 10% actual exploring.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I have a few:

Fire Emblem: Radient Dawn- The cover just corresponds well to the game overall

Twilight Princess japanese cover-
823497-tp_japan_super.jpg

Why didn't they keep it for the American release?

Golden Sun Dark Dawn-
golden-sun-dark-dawn-cover-thumb.jpg

It just looks cool to me.

Kingdom Hearts-
Kingdom_Heartss.jpg

It just looks cool and mysterious.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
358-2_DaysCover.jpg

Beutifully Illistrated.

And last but not least:

Fire Emblem Path of Radience-
FireEmblemPathofRadiance.jpg

I just love it.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Kingdom Hearts-
Kingdom_Heartss.jpg

It just looks cool and mysterious.

I agree. Kingdom Hearts has an epic cover. The symbolism is all over the place. The fact that Riku is facing the opposite direction lets me see that the creators thought really deeply about the cover.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
f11207.png

Red Steel 2 is such an awesome game. The cover with just the hero with his sword and smoking gun and the sun behind him...it is just awesome. Sadly the stupid *wii motion plus included* thingie ruins the cover a bit. It should be placed between the age rating and the ubisoft logo.

jak_x_combat_racing_frontcover_large_M7depKM2jah0gJ6.jpg

Jak and Daxter racing in a beautiful car with machine guns, while being chased by a robot in a car and with an exploding car in the background...do I have to say more :P

star_fox_adventures_frontcover_large_YBXP0y5osWzjOdG.jpg

When I saw this game in the toy store, I just had to buy it. I didn't know what starfox was, but a group of animals surrounded by a group of armed dinosaurs and ready to fight...that is just awesome. Slippy looks a bit weird in the picture though.

ghost_trick_phantom_detective_frontcover_large_H7qPksuDf26IXZB.jpg

Last but not least, the european Ghost Trick cover looks quite cool. With Sissel in the middle and a DS stylus making a path to all kinds of objects just like in the game. And the little ghost flame with sunglasses is just funny. I still don't know why the D in Detective is red while the other letters are white >.>

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like the covers for Spirit Tracks, Kirby's Epic Yarn (not that good of a game though), Super Mario Galaxy 2, Michael Jackson: The Experience, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Animal Crossing: City Folk. I like games that have good covers because it makes the drive home from the game store more bearable by just staring at it. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom