• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I've played with Bay and that's not the way she plays. She's brainwashing you guys to think that. Think for yourselves! Just because she's experienced it means she can do things that are usually considered scumtell? Heck no! She ignores others' posts against her and calls them stupid and you guys step aside and say that's how she plays. I'm not saying she's scum, I'm saying think for yourself, each game is a new game.

This behavior is a little different for you and you usually are not an aggressive player You are more of a player who sits back more and "blends in with the crowd" The ironic part is that seveal times you don't think for yourself and agree with everyone else.

This behavior is a little different for you and you usually are not an aggressive player You are more of a player who sits back more and "blends in with the crowd" The ironic part is that seveal times you don't think for yourself and agree with everyone else.

Lol well I was told to change my play style. At first I wasn't going to but then I decided I was done getting voted off because of it so I changed it. And yes sometimes I agree with everyone else, but only after thinking about it for a while, sometimes I don't post my thinking because it's collected over so long.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Lol well I was told to change my play style. At first I wasn't going to but then I decided I was done getting voted off because of it so I changed it. And yes sometimes I agree with everyone else, but only after thinking about it for a while, sometimes I don't post my thinking because it's collected over so long.

Alright seems logical to me but stay to one playstyle or else people can use it as evidence against you

sometimes I don't post my thinking because it's collected over so long.

Not my reasoning, but I do the same thing, mainly because if I don't spoon feed it to you, maybe you'll come to the conclusion on your own. Not to mention I don't like giving away my trade secrets. After all if the mafia learns how I read em, then they'll make it more difficult for me in the future.

Also I forgot. The 3 i requested to answer my call for explanation have responded.

FOS:Illmatic

If you cared to read his reply as well as the others, I requested, I think you will see why.

If you are suspicious of me and FoS-ing, then please explain why so I can defend myself. Don't just simply say "read his response" and assume that people will go along with you. You're the one who thought it was suspicious of me for defending you and I answered you in detail. It seems like you are trying to get some followers to go along with you and try to start a bandwagon against me.

I've no idea why she hasn't picked up on Axle, Meego, Koki or me defending her. But I've seen her in past games and she often plays a bit mysteriously.

This is something I wondered about too. Others defended her too, but she only picked out me, DracoMajora, and Hero of Music. All I said in my "defense" of her was that her playstyle is different so the rules that Zenox posted don't apply to her. Many people have said the same thing about her.
Maybe she just wanted to see how we would react to her suspicions to get a read on us, since she might not be as familiar with us compared to the more active people. If she is mafia then it's possible that she thought she had influence over others and was hoping to get people to follow her suspicions and get a lynch.

Normally, I would be suspicious here, but again, you never know with Bay. I think if it was anyone else making the posts she has been making, they probably would have already been lynched. Still though, it doesn't mean she's innocent.

Sorry if I should know this, but can someone tell me what EBWODP means?

Since it is against the rules to edit your posts in mafia games, you can double post (make a second post right after you submit a post) to clarify what you meant in your first post, or to correct a mistake without actually editing it. People usually write EBWODP (Edit by way of double post) to indicate that this is what they are did

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I fully agree with Hero of Time.
And another thing. Jo, with your last post, you sort of said that you (partially) agreed with HoT's post. With this you actually say that you are on the same side. This was actually an accusation on your (meta-)playstile in the game, and with saying that you were on the same side, you just trew any accusation about this away.
Another example of your meta-playstile in this game:
Out of my many many mafia games I've played... I've only been scum once. So I'm not sure how you can apply a "most often" to a one time occurrence.
with this, she attacked something that was said as a defence for her. With attacking something like this, she actually says that she is in the middle of it (like she doesn't chose a side), that she is a third person in this case against her. Not only defending herself, but she also tells when people have something wrong when they defend her, while if she didn't say that, it wouldn't even been noticed by anyone. It would've been easily accepted.
Than why does she attacks it? To keep a neutral appearance.
Jo, if you are town, why are you playing with a meta-playstile, so manipulative (and obvious) as this??

I still think you are town, but this makes it very hard to believe you are innocent. Why do you need to defend yourself so much? Why is it so important for you that you get a "Mother Jo" attitude in this game?

I analyzed your last game (games), and I noticed your playstile in last game (mainly the beginning) was very agressive. This game you started a bit neutral (leaning towards a bit agressive) but as soon as people suspected you, you suddenly became very neutral. In the last game, people suspected you as well in the beginning. But your reaction to that was more like, "hit me if you want! Don't think you can lynch me." In the last game I had the feeling that you didn't care that much about your position in the game (you was a townie there (I thought a VT)). But in this game you inmediately became very passive... like you are desperate to get a save position. The last time I saw you doing this, was when you was the godmother in Mafia 3, in that game, you acted similair like this.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Why is it so important for you that you get a "Mother Jo" attitude in this game?

This is true. But there's a few things I know about Jo and her mafia playstyle. One is that she always defends herself. I don't think this is necessarily a mafia trait, but she likes to be right. But then again, in this kind of game, who doesn't? I think she is just very wise and likes to point out if someone is making a mistake, especially if it does her wrong. Either way she seems to somehow manage to raise suspicions in pretty much every game.

Well, that's the first vote that has been cast.

Tally:

Baysiderulez - 1 (Zenox)

With 27 alive, it takes 14 to majority lynch.

Yet to vote - 26 (Meego7, TreeHuggerPanda, Keyshe, butterbiscuit, Deku Shroom, Stallord, Generations, SuperSilly, jdenicholls, illmatic, kokirion, TheGreen, Toboe, Axle the Beast, Arkvoodle, Baysiderulez, Hero of Music, link to present, Ninten*, Pocket Asian, Kybyrian, MikauIncarnate, Soldier of Link, Hero of Time, green goron, Dracomajora).

Also, just a reminder, this day ends at roughly some point between 18:00 and 23:59 on the 28th of this month (GMT). This is both a reminder of how much time you have left to vote and how much time there is for those that have yet to post (As the inactivity time allowed is 5 days for this week), if anyone does not post by then, they'll automatically be modkilled before the next day.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, she's kinda stopped doing that and has gone to just calling us "stupid" and ignoring us. She seems to think that what she does requires no explanation, because she is somehow superior to us.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Just that if people are acting stupid...then if people question her actions maybe. But she knows what she's doing.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Just that if people are acting stupid...then if people question her actions maybe. But she knows what she's doing.

Here are 3 examples of it

EBWODP: Taboe... have you even read a single post yet?

In response to Taboe (Who, in Bay's defense, had no clue what was going on)

pfft. You could use all the advice you can get jden. Zack threw himself in your face (as well as kyby's) last game and THE ONLY reason he was caught was because Kyby got to do an autopsy and see who killed his victim, on 40% percent chance of being successful.

Not to mention you're still doing it, and its only going to get townies killed.

When jden told us (jokingly) to stop giving out advice, as it's not Beginner's Mafia anymore.

If you cared to read his reply as well as the others, I requested, I think you will see why.

When asked for her reasoning behing her FoS on illmatic.

EBWODP: I also still fail to see why we're all going "Guys, she's Bay. She knows what she's doing. She's totes townie."

No-one is saying she is definitely a townie. What we are saying is that her behaviour is not out of character, so it'd be weird to use it as a scumtell. Sure, if she went to any other forum where she wasn't known and did this she would be strung up in an instant, but here a number of people have played a few games together in the last year and the tactic of observing how people play in other games has become more relevant.

She isn't pushing us towards a lynch just yet. The subject of her has dominated the discussions of today though (along with queries about Zenox). Is she trying to push the town into disarray and cause confusion? Not so sure at the minute. She has this self-righteous habit of going "Re-read the posts to understand my logic. I won't explain it to you," and in my mind players should not be expected to second guess the logic of accusations - they should be spending time trying to figure out their own opinions. I don't think Bay is scummy here, she's just her usual stubborn self. And I think I may have to have another re-read to spot someone more suspicious.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Expanding on my earlier post, I'm starting to think that Bay is the scummier of the two. The way she acts so suspicious and scummy (which I know is her play style) seems strangely Pro-town to me. Yet, because of this pro-town-ness, It makes me feel that she's scum. I guess I've just got a bad feeling about her, but I'm not going to vote until I have more evidence, for or against.
IGMEOY:Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom