• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

The only thing that I've seen so far is some arguing on who is better to lynch and Dracomajora saying that he hates his role, but that's more of his 11-year-old self taking over rather than a hint.

Personally, if we think there are village idiots that are townies, unless they start to cause a problem, then we should keep them alive to make sure the townie numbers are still as high as possible whilst working towards finding an actual Mafia.

If they are inactive, then I don't see the problem with killing them, but we need more reasoning behind the lynching than just that. A fair amount of inactives last round townies, only one or two were actually Mafia, in terms of those that didn't get modkilled.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think it is that much of a screw up (he might have done it on purpose) because all he says is he hates it. He could hate being a townie or hate being mafia. We don't know.

Exactly.It doesn't prove anything.Also,what about all the others who said they liked thier role?They're not being accused.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I've been reading all of your posts and have been thinking of the "village idiot". After reading one of Axle's posts I was wondering if a "village idiot" doesn't have to be a "village idiot". As Axle said, they could just be random so know one could suspect them.

On the other hand, I was also thinking of Draco's post. He said he didn't like his, role. From reading the rules, a townie does not have to do much. He may not have wanted to be a townie. This may also work with a Mafia member. It may be too much work for him.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
What he means is that it could be over quickly. E.g. Let's say the Townies accidently lynch the Princess/Prince, that's 1 townie down, then during the night, another two possible townies can die. Once that's done, the Townies don't lynch and another two possible townies will die. That 5 right there in just over a week of real time...etc. And guild wards works differently I think, I'm not sure how largely Atsuma changed around the rules for this game when he made it though.

I also believe that Hanyou is thinking of the following reason...

When we start the RVS, we are more than likely to kill one of our own for no reason, therefore we must put a little more thought into the first in game "day" so that we may have a chance of lynching someone that is Mafia or the SK.

Why do you say "the Townies" like you're not one? IGMEOY Durion!

I realize this might be/seem insignificant to bring up, but we have to start throwing suspicions around somewhere!

As I have said before, I disagree with the RVS. There is always a chance that you will loose someone important, so why take the risk?

I like to point out that RVS and random lynching are two different things. RVS does not necessarily mean lynch, it's just random votes to get discussion started. Anybody can take back their votes, so one vote on somebody is not all that harmless. And since there are 25 people in this game, at this point a majority would be comprised of 13 votes. That's a lot to reach majority on a single person.

Dracomajora really does seem to stick out the most right now. "Hating his role" could be he's just a regular old Townie, but it could mean a lot more too. I'm with Kybyrian that it's probably just his age and inexperience though.

Sidenote: Watch the guys who post massive responses that seem to be contributing a ton. It's a common mafia tactic when trying to blend in really well. Master Kokiri 9 pulled off for a SUPER long time last game.

Kirino

Tatakae
Who said they liked their role?
Check page 1

Hero of Time said:
You seem awfully defensive for someone that "hates their role"

IGMEOY: Dracomajora

Even if I hate my role I still really like Mafia.Also,that's how I always am,especially since I take Mafia sort of sreiously.Besides,that didn't really come off very defensive to me.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Seriously? Don't make me laugh...

That's because I was trying to tell you what Chise meant...he said could end very quickly, but then you started talking about an entirely different game as far as I'm aware. =P
What I said was about the "length" of the game, you started to argue about something entirely different. And after you did that you said something like: "why are we debating about something such stupid". And the things you said were quite pro mafia, FOS Durion

Check page 1

Even if I hate my role I still really like Mafia.Also,that's how I always am,especially since I take Mafia sort of sreiously.Besides,that didn't really come off very defensive to me.

Please, stop saying stupid things.. why are you doing that? I don't believe you are a mafia because if you were they should've allready let you stop doing this but don't make yourself more suspicious when there is no need to

T

TheSkywardSword

Guys... are we getting anywhere here? By this time last game we were close to lynching Elfen...

Din Akera

Sniper
Watch the guys who post massive responses that seem to be contributing a ton. It's a common mafia tactic when trying to blend in really well. Master Kokiri 9 pulled off for a SUPER long time last game.

Very true. But don't stick your neck out to far...or you get chopped lol jk.
Seriously, mafia can use many different tacktics to hide in the crowd and this is definitely one of them. As I have been told, 'the ones who appear most townie are usually mafia.'

And to the DM issue, unfortuntely he is right on some levels. Him hating his role could mean he is anybody, including the pro townie, but only one way to find out. He does seem rather defensive. And I went and looked. All i saw was people commenting on the new role that our game mod initiated, nothing about people taking about their own role, as Zack said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom