• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Gannondorf defeated link in OoT?

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
**** no, he'd tourture the other races until geideth comes intop the picture the sages save the harlot with her unborn child and dies while giving birth to the new hero

So you are agreeing with me that he would become a tax auditor?

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
HELL NO geideth 'll comeminto the picture, collect the sword of diety peices and revive Link so that gannondorf'll finnaly DIE!!! **** now I just gave away the whole GODDAMN story

It would definitely make a nice twist to things, not just if Ganon defeated Link in OoT, but in a new game. However, there would have to be some sort of resolution to the game that the good guys won, just because I wouldn't see Nintendo making the bad guys win in one of their games, especially after you go through so much, just to lose....I would think a lot of people would have been rather disappointed..

But storyline wise, in a way what happend in Wind Waker's opening scene is kinda what I think would have happend anyway if Link had lost. There wouldn't have been a Majora's Mask sequel, cause well, Link would be dead. But thats another world, another story, no one in Hyrule really cares about the place.... But yeah I think Ganon would have continued his reign over Hyrule, its inhabitants would have prayed to the Gods after so long and, they would have flooded the place...

Kybyrian

Guys, let's take this seriously, please. I mean seriously, a tax auditor? >_>

Also, what I forgot to mention before. Wind Waker wouldn't exist either.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
yeah. but we're not talking about Majora's mask, windwaker, or Twilight Princess. This is a fan fic I'm writing and i based it OoT timeline (If one could call it a timeline) because that's the game im playing currently....

If link got killed...life would suck 4 everyone in hyrle :lol: i really dont know... It would be cool if they made a game like that..where everything is in ruins

Chris

It has been awhile...
That is kind of a stupid question because it would never happen. BUT, if it did happen, there would be no one to stop Ganondorf. The Royal Army would try to stop them but would be hopelessly defeated. Ganondorf may or may not kill Zelda, but if he doesn't, he would probably torcher her.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Then wouldn't that neccessarily mean that you never get a fight with Ganon? Imagine that, beating the entire game, getting up to Ganon completely prepared, you climb up the stares and enter the room and a cutscene begins. Ganondorf kills link, then the credits roll. That would be a horrible way to end a game.

Claire

The Geekette
First, this reminds me of the 'Should Link Die?' topic, but anyhow...

If Ganondorf defeated Link, then I'd assume that would be the fall of the Legend of Zelda series, since in the games it is said if the hero fails - the world will no longer be able to be saved from the dark reign. If there is no hero, and no way even go on adventure since it wouldn't be worth it if there isn't any way to fix the problem - then I'd assume that would be the official end of the Legend of Zelda games.

First, this reminds me of the 'Should Link Die?' topic, but anyhow...

If Ganondorf defeated Link, then I'd assume that would be the fall of the Legend of Zelda series, since in the games it is said if the hero fails - the world will no longer be able to be saved from the dark reign. If there is no hero, and no way even go on adventure since it wouldn't be worth it if there isn't any way to fix the problem - then I'd assume that would be the official end of the Legend of Zelda games.

That's probably true, but if I was to take it further, then I might assume that in the Darkness of the world Ganon would of created, there would be a possibility that another hero would take over. Maybe not for a long time, but perhaps.

The Master Sword he will then retrieve,
Keeping the Knight's line true.

-Pedestal of time

So, I think there could be a possibility of an "consequent" hero. Or, a hero existing because of one falling.
"Keeping the Knight's true". I would assume that would mean that a hero would always rise up to succeed their predecessors.

L

Legendary Chaos

If Link had lost to Ganondorf, probably Zelda would play the ocarina of time and go back to when Link still hadn't tried to defeat Ganondorf.

D

Dirty Link

it would have been cool to see. Link is 14-0 or something. Lets go even just having him die at the end by hyrule being saved would be better. But interestingly enough on the first page it was mentioned that Hyrule would be the new hell or something of that affect. The shadow temple has always struck me as a gateway to hell. There are a lot of creatures such as redeads and stalfos who in all likely hood originate from the shadow temple. Also both enemies are in Ganons castle. I think if ganon had won, the evil of the shadow temple would have returned to what it once was.
It looks like it was a torture area, which would allow ganon to imprison any rebels.

Z

zc16-rmeppelink

i tink that it would be halarus if link died then came back to life as a ghost link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom