• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
@PK: The plight of the friendly neighborhood spider-clones (see Hapi's lamentable loss of godliness) indicates that achieving your motivation does not necessarily empower you as such. Rather, it sometimes does the opposite.

Conclusion: The mod is a scoundrel and a liar.

No matter what your motivation is, achieving it rewards you with some kind of tangible bonus that will absolutely help make winning the game easier for you.
Unless randomly dying is a "tangible bonus"? At least we would be free.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'll say that my motivation was being cured of clone degeneration. And the bonus was being freed from the Jackal's control afaik. As an example of what kind bonuses we're looking at here.

@PK: The plight of the friendly neighborhood spider-clones (see Hapi's lamentable loss of godliness) indicates that achieving your motivation does not necessarily empower you as such. Rather, it sometimes does the opposite.

Conclusion: The mod is a scoundrel and a liar.

Unless randomly dying is a "tangible bonus"? At least we would be free.
Hey now, that's just hurtful!

What can I say, ignorance is bliss? I'm sure Eve felt the same way after biting the apple. Turns out the gifts of knowledge ain't so sweet after all.

To be fair, I never said anything about "empowering" people. Motivations aren't in all cases a "power-up". But, without getting into discussions about the game's design, I can assertively say that anyone who achieves their motivation does reward you with some kind of tangible bonus that makes winning the game easier. Or, if not easier, at least more straightforward. Besides, each and every one of you is told what you will get by achieving your Motivation. It says right in your role what will happen to you if you obtain it. So I don't know what y'all are complaining about.

The real funny thing to me is that most people seem upset they lost a few abilities, not one person seems focused at all on how their ability to win at the game has shifted. I guess that's what happens when you give people shiny toys to play with, they care more about those than actually winning the game they are playing. To those of you who's roles have dramatically changed, have you stopped to consider that maybe all those shiny toys you had are no longer needed to win in your new state? It stands to reason that if you had a bunch of cool moves before and you don't anymore that your previous win condition must have been insurmountably harder, by comparison, to justify needing all those toys.

But I digress. More on this can be discussed at the end of the game.

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
As far as Spiders go, achieving the motivation might give us a more difficult wincon, but the upside is actually knowing what your wincon is. In a vacuum, that would certainly be a bonus. We are no longer in a vacuum, which is why I'm seriously considering skipping out on the whole thing.

As far as Spiders go, achieving the motivation might give us a more difficult wincon, but the upside is actually knowing what your wincon is. In a vacuum, that would certainly be a bonus. We are no longer in a vacuum, which is why I'm seriously considering skipping out on the whole thing.
:shrugs:

All I will say is that achieving your win condition post Motivation is, by design, supposed to be easier than achieving it without your Motivation. If it doesn't appear to be that way to you, I'll say you probably don't have all the facts.

Actually, I'll say you definitely don't have all the facts.

But if anyone is seriously considering skipping out on the game because they are bummed about the result of a choice they made to do something which had at least partially unknown consequences when they were amply warned such consequences were on the table, well... I have people who are eager to replace in and I for one would prefer any of them in my game over players who would prefer to mope about not being on a faction they want instead of playing the one they got.

But reach out to me privately to talk about that. Derailing the game thread with this is in violation of about 3 or 4 rules at least.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
my motivation is impossible to achieve i think, although that just makes it a non-factor rather than a drawback.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I flipped sides on the Jackal because I wanted to survive to achieve my wincon. The two sides appeared to be Mafia and Town, (with Spider-men and Travelers doing who knows what,) so I figured that, with the Jackal apparently having betrayed their whole team, I had a better chance to survive if I gave up my association with the Jackal in order to help the town.
Except he is still in the mafia chat, so at this time he is still mafia. :suspicious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom