• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTIVATION
In addition to your win condition, all players also have a personal Motivation. Your Motivation is not a requirement for you to win, it's just an extra bonus quest. Some motivations require you to acquire or do something, while others rely on you preventing something from happening. No matter what your motivation is, achieving it rewards you with some kind of tangible bonus that will absolutely help make winning the game easier for you.
People keep getting this wrong so I'm going to repeat it for emphasis.

look at my avatar
consider that an avatar is a representation of the person behind the screen
remember that dogs cannot read
and you have my game in a nutshell

Skystone

I, Chocobo
On the contrary, KoD, town retaining the ability to make and distribute cures is the only mechanism town has to meaningfully influence those so-called "rogue clones" or to prevent neutral clone votes from being bought off by evil-Jackal. Degeneration only triggers infrequently (as Minish can confirm), and is not especially lethal on a per-player basis (maybe Minish can also confirm? Not sure if her numbers are the same), so you can't rely on time to whittle us down.

Further, depending on the composition of a potential cult and/or other scum, there are likely enough clones in the game that the town proper can't force majority lynches without some clonal buy-in. Alienating that swing vote is not a winning strategy.

While I do think that Minish overstates her case (in the sense that her in-game position is not as inherently pro-town as she'd have us believe), and while I suspect that she also has some selfish motivations to preserve Miles Warren's life, I remain amenable based on the known distribution of roles and potential alignments to the likelihood of her basic towniness. See my much early post about how the role motivations behind the Jackal-Gwen dynamic suggest a legitimate town-possibility for both actors.

Given, then, that a relatively pro-town actor is vouching for SMS, and given the basic structure of role-relationships that speak to the authenticity of SMS's claim of dual wind conditions, I am inclined to preserve SMS's life provided that he continues to assist the broader goals of town. (This includes, to my mind, producing and distributing cures to confirm non-threat clones.)

Paranoid King, on the other hand, has been somewhat less helpful on balance (though not unhelpful -- I still think that much of the info he divulged is legitimate). There are more question marks overall regarding his end goal and the full extent of his abilities, plus there is an additional critical concern in terms of his likelihood of producing a joining a cult.

The remaining valid options for lynch are either funnier, on the basis that he is the mostly likely candidate for a cult leader, or one of the more suspicious potential clones on the basis that they are likely to have chosen to be mafia. In the latter case, Killjoy comes to mind, as several players (myself included) feel that he implicitly outed himself through posting style as a clone, yet he insists on lying about it (which ought not to be a problem if he is not a threat to town).

Skystone

I, Chocobo
look at my avatar
consider that an avatar is a representation of the person behind the screen
remember that dogs cannot read
and you have my game in a nutshell
[/QUOT]
Dogs, however, frequently having an unerring and uncompromising instinct for bad human actors.

So, umm, trust your nose, and not the human scribbles?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
we should lynch someone today.

I don't think we're going to get enough support for an SMS lynch so i'll get behind a PK lynch i guess

if he flips non-mafia we should seriously consider lynching SMS tomorrow.

Unvote, Vote: PK

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i would also in theory support a funnier lynch although it sounds like he might be hard to lynch? I feel like one or more players have been talking to him outside the game and with him posting as little as he is i feel like i know basically nothing about what his impact on the game is like.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
i would also in theory support a funnier lynch although it sounds like he might be hard to lynch? I feel like one or more players have been talking to him outside the game and with him posting as little as he is i feel like i know basically nothing about what his impact on the game is like.
funnier apparently is working in town’s interests

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Yes. He has (I think?) all but implied that he is talking to other players, but he has not contributed much to the in-game thread. This vague wishy-washiness about "discovering my character" presumably does not prevent him from contributing to public discussion and committing himself to positions that we can judge him by, so it comes off to me as a thin excuse to skid by while the focus is elsewhere.

I would like to know what he is doing.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
@Zinger: Can you confirm whether any players are on the threshold of being mod-killed for 72-hour (?) inactivity.

funnier apparently is working in town’s interests
Are you in like 15 different neighborhoods or something?

@Zinger: Can you confirm whether any players are on the threshold of being mod-killed for 72-hour (?) inactivity.

Are you in like 15 different neighborhoods or something?
I can confirm that I have recently put @Freddeh and @naga10 on watch for their inactivity. Of the two, Fred has already made a post in thread, so his clock has been reset. Naga, however, is still in my crosshairs. One way or another, his inactivity will be dealt with by the end of Day 2. Whether that be by him returning to the game or something else... Remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom