• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, more seriously, on the basis that most roles only get one activated ability per cycle, we should probably obligate SMS to produce the cure again. This way we can at least partially neutralize him without expending too many roleblocks.
You mean two per cycle*.

The default assumption is one activated ability per Day, and one per Night.

Some players might have more or less than that, but that's the default assumption.

how you know numbers was forced into exiled and didn’t leave willingly though?
Going into exile is a night action. He could have done it on purpose, but you can't target yourself with actions unless they specifically state you can.

kaine (whoever that is) was apparently responsible for killing poy

the second kill would be from the mafia.

Minish hasn't outright claimed it, presumably because of a posting restriction, but people (including me) have gotten the impression that minish is aware of the identity of the identity of all of the mafia members, and going into night marked you and poy as mafia. this morning when i asked if she knew who the mafia members were, she didn't respond, and instead just voted you. The implications are clear, I think.
Ahh, I see what you're saying here.

Well, I would have liked a bit more time to gather info, but I guess day 2 is as good a time as any to reveal myself. This'll probably mean Jackal will try to kill me, but whatever.

I'm in The Jackal's chat, but I'm not on their team. The Jackal revealed himself in the thread without consulting anyone. Had he supported us and helped me achieve my goals, I would probably have helped him, but it seems he's left me to hang. Here is why he would do this:

The Jackal is trying to play both angles - He is trying to pretend to be the goodguy, but prepare for the turn to the dark side. He has generally told the truth, but he hasn't told the whole truth.

As far as I can tell, his goal is to get mary Jane to love him, AND to get the real spider-man to lose. Alternatively, he may be lying about everything. In order to convince the thread to believe him, he is outing his companions. However, he has an ability that allows him to bring a dead person back to life on the mafia team. This means that outing his team is essentially a stalling tactic for him. He has also claimed that he grows stronger with time. Here is the list of what the Jackal has claimed in the mafia chat.
  • He can revive killed players as Mafia-aligned
  • He has a clone name Jack that allows him to take extra personal actions (and probably to survive a kill)
  • He can control how minish takes their actions
  • He can create the cure to clone degeneration
  • He can see role PMs if someone is roleblocked
  • When far enough into the game, will become impossible to kill
Again, I could probably have gotten more out of him with time, but whatever.

If you have questions, ask them before I'm silenced. I have a feeling that the rest of the mafia won't be feeling particularly generous towards me.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
This does present an explanation for some of the concerns we've had thus far (specifically, the seeming ease of the game). Somewhat consistent, incidentally, with CL's allusions to the game playing out elsewhere.

Is this the same chat that Minish was present in? Can you also comment on Minish's participation in said chat?

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Also, is your specific claim that you are not mafia-aligned? Or are you claiming to be mafia-aligned but not Jackal-aligned?

This does present an explanation for some of the concerns we've had thus far (specifically, the seeming ease of the game). Somewhat consistent, incidentally, with CL's allusions to the game playing out elsewhere.

Is this the same chat that Minish was present in? Can you also comment on Minish's participation in said chat?
The thread is partitioned. I'm in the "other pawns" section. I could see CL and Poy, as well as their roles, but don't know who else the Jackal employs.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Sure. CL is Spidercide and Poy is Spider-Carnage. They've both died already, though, so you can see that in the thread, too
Yes, but bastard game and all. Also, role name versus role content.

Are there other participants in the chat that we don't yet know of? Do you know why SMS told you that many things about his role?

Why do you think they wouldn't just kill you anyways seeing as you had info on them?
I was in their thread, so they thought I was on their team. They'll probably try to kill me now, so that their thread is safe to strategize in again, but until then, they thought I was working with them.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Hey gang, what's shakin'? Black-lettering spiderman here. Maybe I'm one of the other spideys? I can't seem to recall...

Just wanted to check in with you lot, make sure you're not making any terrible mistakes like trusting this mask salesman at face value here. Even if he is telling part of the truth, as our overlord has shown us, a NLP can still be deadly in the hands of the mafia. Tread carefully!

PS I hope Hapi has a good time.

PPS I could really go for a Subway sandwich right about now...

I dunno why this largely got ignored but I must say I'm deeply concerned by my mention here as only a select few players actually know who I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom