• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
LMAO are you serious that I gotta write out
Unvote
And then
Vote: The Sun Fan
For it to count?

if there was anything to solve I'd be poking it
I'm already giving my reads and updating them, not sure what else you expect from me

Literally detailed what I was expecting from you but hey lemme give you an example of what I'm looking for in my next post

funnier6

Courage~
I dislike lynching inactives on Day 1 as a general principle.
Fsr I thought you did
You could say scum often hop on easy D1 mislynches, and you'd be correct.
I'm sure you're probably making a general statement (which I dislike) but often what I see is town wants to go after x person for y and z stupid reasons and the scum just piggyback on that and go with it cause they get everything they want without having to go out and gun for it. Don't typically find scum wily enough to spend all day burying an easy lynch on day 1 (Oh hi Rubik).
The second best time to lynch inactives is today. The best time was yesterday.
Hey

Remember that game

Where I was like

No Rubik bruh dont do it

And you were like has airpods in

Lets not do that again

: )
Especially considering I have no real scumreads right now
Can you sum up your thoughts about the players for me
not lynching inactives is especially terrible on ZD because you can't even use the "im sorry guys i think they might be a really strong pr or something" because everyone is a strong pr on town

yes, its easy for the wolves to direct a lynch onto an inactive
this is still good for town because if you have to squeeze a stone to get blood out of it, smash it open to figure out why the **** there's blood coming out of a stone

I nailed that metaphor, btw, but there's really not much reason to leave inactives alive
I would be against lynching a complete 0 poster since they get first priority towards being replaced early
Do you forget so soon the two inactivity modkills that let you tie game in anime 2

funnier6

Courage~
As scum my general strategy is to kill the most active players every night because inactive town are basically a non-barrier to victory, especially when you have multiple scum alive.

it should then follow that lynching inactives is a good thing

though its probably not as fun as scumhunting
Supposing you are not in fact scum and the most active players are, what then? Town crashes and burns?
I don't think I'm anywhere near charismatic enough to get Lar lynched
I dont think I've ever lynched anyone with charisma in my life
Upgrading Rag to a town lean.
Another thing to drive me insane. OMGOSH you successfully ticked all the boxes to become a town lean congratulations!!! :party::party: Ten more boxes and you get upgraded to a hard town read and this free sticker!!!!!:D:D:D

/tableflip
/tableflip
/tableflip

That aside I liked that analysis too
Rather, he doesn't feel like scum who doesn't want to be checked.
You've got something there, though I just dont feel like sun is the type of person to make any sort of weird risky play especially so early on. It could be his team sucks and he knows Pen's towns wreck and he's just throwing curve balls wildly because he has no expectations to win but thats not really the Sunfan that I know.
HA jokes on you I'm the mafia roleblocker ****ing gottem
*airhorn airhorn airhorn*
Sooo

Just wanted to point out

We're limited to one role claim per day

Maybe don't whoops haha accidentally use it

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Supposing you are not in fact scum and the most active players are, what then? Town crashes and burns?

if the most active players in the game are all scum then yeah town will probably lose. I'm not advocating for only lynching on the basis of activity if thats what you're implying.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Alright lets do some work

The living (18):
Mellow Ezlo - [Would Not Lynch ATM] nothing particularly noteworthy, seems to be prodding people for inactivity/low post content but I don't know if they are much better in that regard.

@Rubik - [Would Lynch] Rubik has basically made statements and either deflected them or posted word salad in response to critism. He votes EX after saying it probably wasn't a good vote and his reasona for doing so are....he doesn't know! When Funnier questions this he gets stuck on the use of "TBH" which was completely beside the point. More then a few people say this seems in line with his town game but without him taking hard stands that have some form of logic I don't think he's playing a town game.
SunFan going after him gives me pause tho, since I also am scumreading SunFan. A d0 buss would be spicy, but perhaps too spicy? Idk.

naga10 [Would support lynch] appears to be an inactive slot, and those can go.

Spiritual Mask Salesman [null] invites me to the game yet barely post! Joking aside, he's still pretty reactive and I need to see more from the slot.

Morbid Minish [Not lynching D0] I think Min tended to get stuck on topics a little too long, but I can certainly understand why with the current crowd. Agreed with most reads, but of course always welcome more.

funnier6 [null] didn't get a good feeling early game, but not getting the same vibe now. Defense of SunFan way back felt force and slightly petty to me, but I can believe that it was mostly due to a bad day. No reason to vote this slot over some others at this time.

Kirino [null, slightly against lynching d0] hasnt posted much, but seems to be one of the few who gets what my issue with Rubik was. Disagree with the Rubik read but nothing seems weird from the slot. Need to see more but gut says they're fine.

Jinjo [slightly ok with their lynch] defence of EX is weird and that's the bulk of what I remember from them. Not the worst inactive but doesn't seem wrong to group her in that crowd. Doesn't think reactive play is scummy and that's weird to me, but I'll accept it's a different school of thought assuming she can also be proactive when she sees a scumtell. That hasn't happened yet, and I can't shake off that first impression.

DawningWinds [would support lynch] inactive, posted once to say it was hard to post as a new account? I can let it slide buit seems they have lost time to make up for.

DekuNut [null] don't think I've heard from Deku in a hot minute. Pretty sure they were here early phase though. Don't remember anything notworthy, so if they don't come back and make waves I'll be ok lynching 'em

Poyzin [null] too many null reads on this list. Poyzin didn't really make a post I liked but without a real case I wouldnt d0 vote here. He's also been low posting lately and that looks bad on him.

Ragnarokio [not voting d0] i think I've agreed with most everything she's posted, making a d0 vote here a bad move.

Johnny Sooshi [not voting d0] Same as Rag, with the exception that Johnny is against inactive votes. This disagreement doesnt seem AI though. Would like to see more reads from them.

Killjoy [has d0 pass] obviously a new player, is taking everything said maybe a little too personal, tends to assume people are talking to him. New players can roll scum as much as vets (my first game I was scum) but I'm gonna need to see more to judge it. I'm for giving the newb a phase to get their barrings.
One thing i disagree with that mutiple people have stated is that if he was scum then he would be getting help from wolfchat. I disagree hard. Any season partner would direct him to ask the thread. I know I would.

Giri [would support lynch] has posted, what, once? And i dont even remember what for. I dont wanna cheat and look either I'm just gonna throw 'em in the inactive pile.

The Sun Fan [currently voting] Man is not playing the way he does as town. Already harped on his "dont care if lynched" post, but his reaction to Rubik's take on me was pretty bad in itself. Initial case on Rubik was lazy, and going back to him seems lazy from his point of view. Normally my read on Rubik would complicate my feelings on SunFan, but dear SunSun's a busser so womp womp. D0 buss is hella spicy tho.

ExLight [would lynch] didn't engaged with me when I tried askibg questions the first time, biggest point made was that he had 3 votes on him and it was causing him to lose his everloving mind. Thinks 3 people is a serious wagon when if he had just read the damn thread he'd know at least 2 of those votes didnt intend to keep their vote there. This is not the priorities of good town.
Has made a few small reads and thinks that's what I'm asking about I ask for more reads. Claims he's keeping them updated but I don't really see it.
Paranoia concerning SunFan being scum....doesnt feel fake. Feels like he's legit pissed that people say Sun seems off but then voted him. I feel good saying this is not a bus, and if one flips red it could clear the other. That said, EX overvalues his effort in the game and I'd like to see more from him before I give him a townread

funnier6

Courage~
Ex seems pretty green to me tbh.
He's acting scummy d1 and pinky promised he's town which are both pretty town ex-like.
I think the conflict between the first part of this and the second is really whats getting at me. The first part is fine without the tbh but with the tbh you go into the second part thinking "oh okay he's gonna explain why he thinks Ex town" but then you list the most absurd reasons that make plenty sense to me but are practically meaningless to anyone who's never met Ex which betrays the intro that this is going to be a serious explanation to those scum reading Ex for why you don't agree.
If sun is a friendly sk, this might all make sense.
That would be amazingly hilarious tbqh
Why does that drive you insane? He posted his conclusion right after that. It's just a segue from the ISO into his thoughts on it.
Min I really wanna get along. The question is fine thats fair you dont really get it but then you present evidence as though to contradict my imaginary feelings and that just bothers me a lot.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
There you go, that's a readlist. Are these great? Probably not. Will it change? With new information it probably should. Can it be helpful? Extremely. Not only can it show where someone's mind is, but it acts like a cheat sheet on someone's progression: so say of I 180 on a read for no reason, you'll all be able to catch me easily because I compiled all my current thoughts in one place

Because of that reads are very protown, since it makes information easier to keep up with

For that reason, I'd like everyone to attempt making one. Don't worry if the honest answer to some reads is "dont like no reason", just state the truth and help town be able to read you for the effort.

At the least we'll be able to see about who all is actually in danger of being lynched

funnier6

Courage~
Oh I meant to vote Jinjo

Unvote

Vote: Jinjo

I want her to post more out of everyone, Rag is right that theres something really off about that long catchup post and I need more data

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
ExLight [would lynch] (...) biggest point made was that he had 3 votes on him and it was causing him to lose his everloving mind. Thinks 3 people is a serious wagon when if he had just read the damn thread he'd know at least 2 of those votes didnt intend to keep their vote there. This is not the priorities of good town.
(...)
Paranoia concerning SunFan being scum....doesnt feel fake. Feels like he's legit pissed that people say Sun seems off but then voted him.
you really need to reread my games if you think this is a scumtell
ngl I kinda hate your reads since it's mostly scummy nulls and would lynches and it's making me rethink my townlean

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
if the most active players in the game are all scum then yeah town will probably lose. I'm not advocating for only lynching on the basis of activity if thats what you're implying.

In my experience active scum get caught easier because the more active you try to keep a lie going to easier it is to screw up and expose yourself with inconsistencies

The only way really active scum win the game is of town is inactive. You know, kind of of inactivity was an anti-town trait.

funnier6

Courage~
Kinda thinking farther ahead but I'd like sun to claim alignment and game, if we're really set on him being third party then I dont see what use making him role claim would be since it should be obvious rather soon if he was in fact town aligned SK

I'd like to see Jinjo take the role claim at present moment but it's rather early and I'd just like for whoever it is looks like they're gonna be lynched to claim somewhere around the 1-3 hour mark so we can discuss that and have to time to decide someone to switch to if necessary which it probably will be

I'd like to argue the lynching inactive strategy with the small fact that theres is a 150% chance of vig in this game so please do save us a lot of time and beg them to take care of that for you instead of wasting the phase talking about and voting people who aren't even present

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Min I really wanna get along. The question is fine thats fair you dont really get it but then you present evidence as though to contradict my imaginary feelings and that just bothers me a lot.

This is how I always play. I don't get why you think I keep attacking you or something. I asked a question and explained why it didn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom