• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Scooby Doo Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
To clarify, I admit that you and SMS were correct, his voting is erratic as scum. Additionally, he's only been town once, like he stated, so I'm amending my opinion. Giri is erratic. That said, I still am not leaning scum on him. I think his bandwagon is convenient, and at least one scum is on it. The last vote was Kirino, who hopped on and hasn't come back to the game since. I think it was really easy for him to do that.

Why did you answer for Ex
Was really just piggybacking off the point because I had that take, and kinda just assumed that's what Ex's general take was. I also thought it might spark some more conversation but it didn't really. Rip.

I thought the vote was baseless, and thought it was suspicious. At the time, I didn't think Giri was necessarily scum, just that it was the closest thing to a scumread that I had - therefore vote. I don't think anything really has convinced me since then that Giri isn't scum enough to unvote.

Do you have any potential proposal for a counter wagon?

he gave two lines very adequately explaining very obvious truths o-O

If you don't find those responses defensive then idk what to tell you fun fun. He had one vote on him and me saying I might lean that way. A response like that under very little pressure is out of place. He also didn't respond to what I said (granted there's not much to respond to) so take it as you will.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
You literally just said his behavior was NAI but could be read from reads lists. Why would you not wait for the reads lists???
I am waiting for his future readlists though?
I'm not voting him, and I already voiced to be kinda against his wagon rn since we can have a better idea of his alignment later on, while right now it just feels like a coin flip

Kirino

Tatakae
To clarify, I admit that you and SMS were correct, his voting is erratic as scum. Additionally, he's only been town once, like he stated, so I'm amending my opinion. Giri is erratic. That said, I still am not leaning scum on him. I think his bandwagon is convenient, and at least one scum is on it. The last vote was Kirino, who hopped on and hasn't come back to the game since. I think it was really easy for him to do that.
I don't like this reply. In the first place, I thought it was odd that Johnny defended Giri based on his playstyle, only for him to backtrack after agreeing with others who pointed out that he'd previously played that way as scum. Now, in response to criticism of that, he instead defends Giri on the basis that the bandwagon is too convenient (echoing 2 or 3 others who had said that previously), while also trying to draw suspicion to those on that bandwagon and singling me out in particular for little real reason.

The weak and shifting basis for his defense of Giri makes it look contrived, and combined with him trying to draw suspicion towards those who voted for Giri, it seems like he's setting himself up to look good and frame others if Giri flips town. So if Giri does flip town, then I think it's likely that Johnny's scum.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The weak and shifting basis for his defense of Giri makes it look contrived, and combined with him trying to draw suspicion towards those who voted for Giri, it seems like he's setting himself up to look good and frame others if Giri flips town. So if Giri does flip town, then I think it's likely that Johnny's scum.
q9khzibd1x911.png

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
Aside from the fact that this post for some reason made me chuckle, I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm not fond of Poy's attitude and I definitely agree that something seems a little off. Could be fatigue, could be something else, who knows, but he's worth keeping an eye on.

I promise that there isn’t anything wrong, besides, I’m not even worthy to be glanced at, so don’t give me the attention baka

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
I found scum. It's not like you all would care about it or anything, but I'll leave it here anyway in case you want to look at it *pout*

Talking about 3ps day 1 is a distraction.

Off topic LAMIST

Our focus should be entirely on trying to find scum right now unless someone wants to make a d1 survivor claim and change the conversation.

LAMIST

That's kind of surprising.

Commentary with no inference. "Surprising" is almost as bad as "weird"

Yeah, I guess you didn't play in SSB Mafia and that's the scum game that comes to mind for me.

Off topic in my useless opinion

I mean, you're still a perfectly valid wagon in my eyes.

I might ultimately lynch a lurker but who knows?

Scum's out is lynching lurkers D1. Says "who knows" implying that they're reads may be volatile

Is anyone Old Man Jenkins maybe?

Off topic in my useless opinion

what's with all these "unvote without re-voting onto anyone even though we only have a day left" people

Off topic commentary in my useless opinion

It is, unless they're lying about it.
I don't understand the scale.

You get the picture.

Vote: Rubik

So if anybody feels like joining me... then... I would lik-- no, I don't care *pout*. Associate with me if you want or something...

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not sure what to make of Giri. The vote on Ex was obviously just RVS, but in the same post he said "I just woke up. I need more time to come to a conclusion." Then instead of doing that, he randomly voted for Poka and justified it as wanting to pressure an inactive
I'm not quite sure I follow where the logic goes awry

Why couldn't he have gone from the first thing to wanting to pressure somebody? (which yes was ineffective and would never have worked but I'm trying to think from his mindset)
Beyond that, I have a town read on funnier, mostly for this post: It's primarily because he claimed to have a unique role, which I doubt he would do if he was trying to set up a fakeclaim.
Inhale
Firstly. Roles are not alignment indicative. Fake claims aren't necessary because any role in the game could've been either alignment. Second. There is an enormous contradiction in that statement because there is absolutely no reason why I could not be setting up a unique fake claim and in fact prefer to claim unique roles as scum. Why exactly does that make you town read me?
unvote
Ruh! Raga has two rotes!. Also, about my playstyle, I've played only one game as town in which I was the first to get nkd. So nobody KNOWS how I actually play as town.
You were town in Chaos and in Korra yes?

funnier6

Courage~
May I ask what purpose warranted this eloquence
Aside from the fact that this post for some reason made me chuckle, I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm not fond of Poy's attitude and I definitely agree that something seems a little off. Could be fatigue, could be something else, who knows, but he's worth keeping an eye on.
Has there ever been a time when he wasnt worth keeping an eye on. Is there anyone in this game it isnt worth to keep an eye on. Do you believe any of it is real
@Rubik, @funnier6, @Poyzin, @PokaLink; yall still on your first vote and kinda inactive hi
Wow we have so much in common
Definitely seems like panicky voting and behavior from Giri, especially so early in the game.

I don't think pressuring me was that bad of an idea if they justified it and stuck with their position. Being this wishy-washy just seems sus. I'm getting mixed views of how Ex normally plays from ya'll. My surface level opinion is that it's panic but not necessarily scummy panic. I know I've panicked to help find productive bandwagons as a town about to be lynched. I guess the weirdest thing about this behavior to me is how early on it is.
First thing are you talking about Giri all the way through here cause you bring up Ex in the middle of it and I'm wondering you didnt mean Giri.
Hmmm, interesting post. From my role I see names relating to role more than alignment, but I feel this might vary too much to track. Might not be worth using alignment.
It's literally in the rules that names and roles are useless to solving alignment fwiw

funnier6

Courage~
Why? because it was the last vote of random voting stage?

I keep telling y'all I just tried to contribute to the meme.

Ofcourse I voted you mainly due to inactive. But now I'm really eager to know why they reacted that way with my meme vote. I kept saying why I would legit vote a person I town read and
He:
That's my whole point though, you voted him but ended up town reading him
So is it a genuine doubt or are the non town trying to push an easy mislynch?

That's it I had to say for today.
Sorry for inactivity, I had a paper that I worked on last night and am working all day today.

I don’t like the Giri wagon forming, I think it’s very easy for mafia to take advantage and pressure Giri into a lynch. I don’t think he’s done anything townie, but he’s acting the same he does every game. His last post feels somewhat tutored by someone else but I don’t feel confident about that.
The above post looks tutored to you? o_O
Is anyone Old Man Jenkins maybe?
What
All these recent inactivity tags, and nobody calls out poor old Mido? Aww... :(
@Mido
By roles themselves, I was thinking of roles independent from flavor names, so like Doctor on its own. My rationale was that if roles aren't alignment-indicative, perhaps names would have more power unless names and roles were paired together regardless of alignment. Honestly, I might just be overthinking this.
Oh I see, yes it's very clear that roles were written for the characters and then the characters were randed an alignment rather than all three being randomly assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom