• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Scooby Doo Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
Girl wagon looks kinda bad, but I don’t care enough to do anything about it.

That’s all I feel like saying.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Fine.

Vote: Mido

Happy?

It’s not like I’m doing this for you though...
Why Mido? This seems kind of random. Also not liking your attitude.
It's just 2 hrs to deadline and it's kinda surprising that he didn't remove his RV and even more surprising that none wanted him to post.

I'm town this game. If I'm gonna be lynched, I've to say that I didn't feel funnier's presence in this game and also I'm suspicious about SMS making a big deal of my RV.

I'm sure this was a diversion because I posted that funny sheep meme AND I unvoted the Random vote before #52.

I'm still null on Rubik. That's it I've got to say for now.
Why are you suspicious of SMS over that? Your vote on Ex came at a weird time, RV or not. I understand you hadn't read yet, but you've been hella flip-floppy, which does match your scum play. You said yourself that you don't really have a town meta that we should be able to detect, and seeing as this matches your scum meta I'm not really sure how to feel about you right now.

SMS's vote on you is kinda the way he plays tbh.

did your last game obliterate your mafia passion or is this another persona
you sound kinda dead inside
Aside from the fact that this post for some reason made me chuckle, I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm not fond of Poy's attitude and I definitely agree that something seems a little off. Could be fatigue, could be something else, who knows, but he's worth keeping an eye on.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Unvote
Vote: Giri

If you knew Ex tends to talk about 3rd parties on Day 1, why did you vote him at all? Would you agree that RVS should have been over by today? Now that you aren't voting Ex, who do you think you will be voting in the last stretch here?

Very good point

Definitely seems like panicky voting and behavior from Giri, especially so early in the game.

I don't think pressuring me was that bad of an idea if they justified it and stuck with their position. Being this wishy-washy just seems sus. I'm getting mixed views of how Ex normally plays from ya'll. My surface level opinion is that it's panic but not necessarily scummy panic. I know I've panicked to help find productive bandwagons as a town about to be lynched. I guess the weirdest thing about this behavior to me is how early on it is.

I really doubt we have a cop in this setup.
We probably don't have a miller/godfather, so it would be 100% accurate in hands town; and if scum got it then it would probably be super useless for them. In both cases it's really one sided. We probably have more stuff like motion investigative roles.

Why are you so sure there's no miller or godfather?

I don't see how they are impossible in this game.

Seems like this "is it scum to bring up 3p" convo happens often lol. Personally it seems pretty normal (at least at this stage), as ExLight isn't trying to distract from something they did/said or using 3p claims to get out of something.

Now this just might be a point of confusion on my end, but would names be more beneficial in this case for advantages or the roles themselves (since roles and alignments were randomized)? I suppose names could be included in the randomization, but I am not wholly certain myself based on my understanding. In light of this, it seems as if names hold more power than usual in terms of claims. At least based on my understanding of the rule below:

Hmmm, interesting post. From my role I see names relating to role more than alignment, but I feel this might vary too much to track. Might not be worth using alignment. Only things it seems super useful for is POE for who has valid unique claims.

Nobody giving off huge scum vibes so

Unvote

For now

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Your vote on Ex came at a weird time
Why? because it was the last vote of random voting stage?

Very good point
I keep telling y'all I just tried to contribute to the meme.
I don't think pressuring me was that bad of an idea if they justified it and stuck with their position.
Ofcourse I voted you mainly due to inactive. But now I'm really eager to know why they reacted that way with my meme vote. I kept saying why I would legit vote a person I town read and
He:
That's my whole point though, you voted him but ended up town reading him
So is it a genuine doubt or are the non town trying to push an easy mislynch?

That's it I had to say for today.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Day 1.3 Vote Count

Funnier (1) - Doc
Mezlo (2) - Ex, funnier
Ex (1) - Rubik
Johnny (1) - Mido
Mido (1) - Poy
Giri (3) - SMS, Naga, Kirino
SMS (1) - Giri

Not Voting - Mezlo, Poka, Johnny

Day ends in a little over 8 hours and 30 minutes.
With 13 alive it takes 7 for majority.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sorry for inactivity, I had a paper that I worked on last night and am working all day today.

I don’t like the Giri wagon forming, I think it’s very easy for mafia to take advantage and pressure Giri into a lynch. I don’t think he’s done anything townie, but he’s acting the same he does every game. His last post feels somewhat tutored by someone else but I don’t feel confident about that.

Mido

Version 1
All these recent inactivity tags, and nobody calls out poor old Mido? Aww... :(

In all seriousness, I think my only major reservation related to Giri's wagon is that there seems to be this common theme of "it fits with his scum meta, so might as well jump on in." Not every vote is like this on him, with some more detailed backing of points like SMS's initial vote and much of Kirino's post upon my initial readings here; but some others seem more apt to purporting the above narrative without much juice, which raises some alarms. I will say that the only post of Giri's I do like decently is his vote on SMS and short observation made about funnier, although the latter doesn't have much meat on the sub in comparison to how he's buoyed the former.

I only mean that if I was about to lynch someone (without being very sure) and they claimed cop I’d be pretty likely to give them another day just from the potential of how helpful that would be.

Not saying like just give em a free pass but benefit of the doubt is worth the risk when its for a potential cop check or something

Ah, I gotcha. That's a very fair point, and I agree on that.

What do you mean the roles themselves? Like you think we should use names to guess people’s roles? Cause I don’t really think that would work and don’t see it as very useful since roles won’t be AI anyways

By roles themselves, I was thinking of roles independent from flavor names, so like Doctor on its own. My rationale was that if roles aren't alignment-indicative, perhaps names would have more power unless names and roles were paired together regardless of alignment. Honestly, I might just be overthinking this.

Small thing to note in general, I do like SMS's initial push of Giri, and Poka's recent post is pretty neat overall. I'll also unvote Johnny for the time.

Unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom