• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Gravity Falls Zodiac Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Just throwing a random thought
that I know everyone will hate me for
but *inhale* here it goes

Sun's defense yesterday kinda hit me and today I kept wondering if I had got things backwards during this entire time
what if Sun is Town and LG is scum

Him being passive and uncooperative D1 and D2 (whether he denies it or not), does make sense if he wanted to seem a bit scummy to not get killed/have his journal stolen. With Rubik now claiming the entire role, I get why the paranoia better and I might actually believe Sun a little more. It would pretty much vanillize the closest thing we have to a Doctor, I too would play a bit more scummy to stay alive.

I still hate how he's been playing, but that's just personal Bias at this point.

But now to LG.
Earlier today LG said sunfan actually claimed in the chat he could use a somewhat protective+disruptive shot (?), so she might've told it to someone from the scum team so they could redirect his shot and guarantee Rag's kill. This is still ambiguous but it kinda makes Johny look townier to me, and makes Minish look worse, since she kept trying to attribute it to the Probabisomething.
It also explains why she's been kinda following Sunfan almost blindly. She knows he's on the wrong track and is just going with the bff neighbors excuse.
this is actually a legit theory and if I get killed tonight please give it a look

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Just throwing a random thought
that I know everyone will hate me for
but *inhale* here it goes

Sun's defense yesterday kinda hit me and today I kept wondering if I had got things backwards during this entire time
what if Sun is Town and LG is scum

Him being passive and uncooperative D1 and D2 (whether he denies it or not), does make sense if he wanted to seem a bit scummy to not get killed/have his journal stolen. With Rubik now claiming the entire role, I get why the paranoia better and I might actually believe Sun a little more. It would pretty much vanillize the closest thing we have to a Doctor, I too would play a bit more scummy to stay alive.

I still hate how he's been playing, but that's just personal Bias at this point.

But now to LG.
Earlier today LG said sunfan actually claimed in the chat he could use a somewhat protective+disruptive shot (?), so she might've told it to someone from the scum team so they could redirect his shot and guarantee Rag's kill. This is still ambiguous but it kinda makes Johny look townier to me, and makes Minish look worse, since she kept trying to attribute it to the Probabisomething.
It also explains why she's been kinda following Sunfan almost blindly. She knows he's on the wrong track and is just going with the bff neighbors excuse.

OMGUS
stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. It is a behavior often associated with inexperienced players.

Why Do This?

It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being lynched, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being Lynched).

Occasionally a Scum player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to a lynch.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The fact that everyone seems to be going to the mindspace of "let's lynch rubik and when he flips town which seems pretty likely to happen let's lynch like the one guy who hasn't been so eager to lynch him because everything rubik has done mechanically this game has been pro-town" it is honestly pretty frustrating.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer

OMGUS
stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. It is a behavior often associated with inexperienced players.

Why Do This?

It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being lynched, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being Lynched).

Occasionally a Scum player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to a lynch.
It's not OMGUS, lol
it actually offers another explanation that is less tinfoilly than the Sunfan+Johnny scumteam

You knew Sun could act kinda like a doctor, it makes a lot more of sense for him to get redirected if you're scum.
In this scenario, scum redirected it to another town so you could kill and put a negative modfier on Johnny. Since scum didn't know it would turn him into voteless it kinda backfired, because it actually ended up exposing the redirect.

It's a lot less tinfoily because it doesn't assume a master plan and it doesn't require us to assume RNG or multiple mini teams.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
There's an exchange in the neighborhood that was mildly interesting to me when Sun Sun said if SMS flips 3p it means Minish is town and LG pushed back against the idea. Still working my way through it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I was actually suggesting redirector or probabilitor because we literally don't know. Like I said, Probabilitor makes sense when you suggest it for losing your abilities (the night before it was actually released) but not when we have something unexplained going on. Also I literally suggested maybe scum somehow stole your bus driving ability. So I have been trying to figure out other explanations than the die.

that's how we kinda got you as scum last game tho
sunfun's lynch would've excluded most of them and we all know tha

Nah, you only lynched me because funnier bought into your AtE.

You've played mafia with Ex before. (:

Yeah, but Ex usually only panics like that when he's about to be lynched as town. If he's not the one in trouble then why is he panicking?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
The fact that everyone seems to be going to the mindspace of "let's lynch rubik and when he flips town which seems pretty likely to happen let's lynch like the one guy who hasn't been so eager to lynch him because everything rubik has done mechanically this game has been pro-town" it is honestly pretty frustrating.
i'm actually still scumreading you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i think the way ex has been acting today is scummy af. but my next highest priority is actually minish

You knew Sun could act kinda like a doctor
i didn't. i mentioned i could MAYBE do something about a nk and he said he potentially could too, and then asked who was more likely to perform a nk, implying it's not a save. he also said nothing about actually using it that night, rather he said he didn't want to

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I'm not of the mindset that you're going to flip town. And I can see both town and scum motivation for your mechanical actions.

There's an exchange in the neighborhood that was mildly interesting to me when Sun Sun said if SMS flips 3p it means Minish is town and LG pushed back against the idea. Still working my way through it.
I thought Storm was telling the truth about being Execution and then I was like "well the exe targets are always town"
but not this game, eh?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Y'all can see for yourselves that activity isn't AI for me. I phoned it in during Batman mafia where I was town. And I worked my ass off in MtG mafia when I was scum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom