• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Viral Maze, who are your suspicions

Not much has happened save for Patcat's semi-wagon. Mido's reasoning stands out a bit but it seems like fair reasoning for a vote. I'm not doing an isolated read on Mido currently. The other 3, Jamie, LD, and Hero of Legend stood out more.

It's 1am here, and I'm working on a post addressing said wagon. I was going to post my suspicions with this, but seeing as I need to be awake early tomorrow, I'm going to save it for tomorrow afternoon, before work.

It's frustrating. This game day definitely shouldn't go by without a Lynch or we will be stuck next game day with no info and one or two more townies dead. I guess information can be deducted from those townie's deaths, but I think even a randomized Lynch is better than a no lynch, especially at day 1

@Ver-go-a-go-go @Sadia what do you suppose we do if we reach 2nd June without a lead? We need 6 people on a Lynch for a Lynch to happen at all

You're quick to ask others, but who do you think we should lynch today?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
You're quick to ask others, but who do you think we should lynch today?
I think that the players are really separated as to who we should vote for, and there's no uniformity. So getting to 6 players doesn't seem too easy tbh. We could let the most trusted player Random.org a number and everyone vote for that person, if need be. But even if that was a good idea, I don't think there's a consensus as to who is most trustworthy, either. I wouldn't mind a Johnny or PatCat lynch, but also wouldn't be surprised if any of them flips town.

I guess we can start off by everyone giving a list of who they don't want to see lynched just yet. And we can narrow it down from there.

I think that the players are really separated as to who we should vote for, and there's no uniformity. So getting to 6 players doesn't seem too easy tbh. We could let the most trusted player Random.org a number and everyone vote for that person, if need be. But even if that was a good idea, I don't think there's a consensus as to who is most trustworthy, either. I wouldn't mind a Johnny or PatCat lynch, but also wouldn't be surprised if any of them flips town.

I guess we can start off by everyone giving a list of who they don't want to see lynched just yet. And we can narrow it down from there.

This seems far too arbitrary, even for me. If absolutely no other consensus can be reached, I suppose we might have to do it. But I'd rather not make it a popularity contest - asking people who they'd rather not see lynched early on seems to favor certain players too much for my liking.

I'd be willing to back a Linkdude or a Hero of Legend day one lynch. I can't fault Mido for his reasoning when he first voted Pat, and Jamie's posts over the last game I was with him in along with this one strike me as so erratic that I don't know what to think, on top of my not finding a second vote to be too problematic. I would hate to lynch Hero of Legend though; this is their first game, correct? I'd be discouraged if that was the introduction to the game for someone who could possibly become a ZD mafia regular (as we badly need new blood).

Could you justify a Johnny or PatCat lynch over one of them? I've not played any games with Johnny except one, so I haven't quite gotten a feel for him yet. It's also been well over a year since I last played with Pat, and I can tell his posting style in general (not just mafia) has vastly changed/improved.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@Ver-go-a-go-go I don't think I've been that strange this game. Last game it was more of a symptom of being busy and not really paying attention.

@Ver-go-a-go-go I don't think I've been that strange this game. Last game it was more of a symptom of being busy and not really paying attention.

Yeah, I suppose so. Guess the last game is still fresh in my mind.

I don't know your stance on no lynches, Jamie; I somewhat recall you being against it way back in like 2013 with Majora's Mask, but perhaps I'm mistaken/ that game is far too old at this point. Would you support Eduarda's suggestion in the event that you can't get enough people to go for PatCat? Or rather opt for someone else like Linkdude or Johnny?

Jamie

Yeah, I suppose so. Guess the last game is still fresh in my mind.

I don't know your stance on no lynches, Jamie; I somewhat recall you being against it way back in like 2013 with Majora's Mask, but perhaps I'm mistaken/ that game is far too old at this point. Would you support Eduarda's suggestion in the event that you can't get enough people to go for PatCat? Or rather opt for someone else like Linkdude or Johnny?
Would never day 1 no lynch in a game this size. just makes day 2 basically like day 1 except now we have a dead townie from a mafia kill and no leads

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
This seems far too arbitrary, even for me. If absolutely no other consensus can be reached, I suppose we might have to do it. But I'd rather not make it a popularity contest - asking people who they'd rather not see lynched early on seems to favor certain players too much for my liking.
I thought it could help a lot for discussion later on in the game, but I do see that it has it's disadvantages. I went back to page 5 to see any suspicions others have mentioned, I think the list is:
Eduarda - Johnny, PatCat
PatCat - Jamie, The Hero of Legend, Linkdude74
Jamie - PatCat
Mido - PatCat
Gumball - Linkdude74, Malon (?)
Viral - Eduarda (?)
Sadia - DekuNut (?), Eduarda (?)

I'm not sure if I missed anyone or misunderstood anything. But I think PatCat and Linkdude74 seem like the most common suspects.

I'd be willing to back a Linkdude or a Hero of Legend day one lynch. I can't fault Mido for his reasoning when he first voted Pat, and Jamie's posts over the last game I was with him in along with this one strike me as so erratic that I don't know what to think, on top of my not finding a second vote to be too problematic. I would hate to lynch Hero of Legend though; this is their first game, correct? I'd be discouraged if that was the introduction to the game for someone who could possibly become a ZD mafia regular (as we badly need new blood).
I'm willing to back a Linkdude lynch too, and also a Malon one. Linkdude's claim to have voted for PatCat only to encourage content came off as odd to me but I let it slide. When Gummy brought it up, I went back and saw that it didn't seem like that was the reason, but it was more the content of the post itself. Gummy did make a fair point though, that that was his first post and his next could have been more useful. It could be scum trying to look helpful or give a better reason, but it's hard to prove this.

I'm with you that I would prefer not to lynch Hero of Legend. He did come off to me as suspicious at first, but realizing it's his first game, I would expect behavior like this. He could be either scum or mafia. He's not leaning either side to me.

Could you justify a Johnny or PatCat lynch over one of them? I've not played any games with Johnny except one, so I haven't quite gotten a feel for him yet. It's also been well over a year since I last played with Pat, and I can tell his posting style in general (not just mafia) has vastly changed/improved.
Honestly, I can't. My stance on their likeness to be Mafia isn't too strong. I don't think I've ever played a game with PatCat, so I have no clue what his meta is. His passive stubbornness just stands out to me. And for Johnny, honestly, every game he's in, I think he's scum so I myself don't think my opinion on him holds much weight. But like I said before, I'm looking for anything I can find and only the 4 people mentioned above stand out to me more than the rest.

I would like to hear more from @kokirion , @Pendio , @Doc and @Sadia though

Would never day 1 no lynch in a game this size. just makes day 2 basically like day 1 except now we have a dead townie from a mafia kill and no leads

My sentiments exactly. Yet, we may be out of luck if we can't get at least six people with the same mindset and motivation.

Any preference when it comes to Linkdude, Hero of Legend, or Johnny? Obviously you would prefer PatCat, but I'd like to know either way.

I'm willing to back a Linkdude lynch too, and also a Malon one.

I'll admit, I've not paid much attention to Malon..... in TF2 mafia he was the ultimate follower - he rarely posted his own opinions, and always went with what was popular/the largest bandwagon at the time. Whereas in that game he was granted 100% town status for the entirety of the game due to an unfortunate day one claim, I doubt he'll find such an advantage in this one. He hasn't struck me as someone who could be an asset to the town later in the game thus far either, and could in fact be detrimental if a mafia member finds their way into a town-leader-like position (which isn't unlikely, seeing as this game is packed to the brim with good players). In a way, I would prefer his lynch over any of the candidates we've discussed thus far, now that I'm thinking about it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
i still have yet to reread (been doing physics all night) but I'll just say that I don't want to lynch Legend today. A lot of the suspicions on him could be written off as noobness. Because of that I'm giving him a pass as of now. May change after my reread, but I just wanted to lay that out there.

Jamie

:right::right::right::right::right::right::right::right:

i know what you meant but that made me laugh
if she meant town or mafia, i dont really understand that. of course they could be either town or mafia, thats the most wishy washy post ever.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Btw
Unvote
Eddie baby, youre cool for now. But im starting to suspect a few people.
FoS: Malon, Deku-Sama(sorry), Pendio, Doc

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I think my suspicions on Jamie and Hero of Legend are just about cleared, at least for now. Jamie seems to just have a quickdraw play style and this is Legend's first game. I still don't have enough evidence to lynch Linkdude74, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom