• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bank and Shop Suggestions

D

Deleted member 14134

Actually a change to a fictional currency like rupees would also help with the misconception that ZD now has microtransactions using real money.

I assume your're joking. I'd figure anyone who signs up for a Zelda dedicated website would have enough knowledge of the game to know that rupees is the games fictional currency.

As for my suggestion I think we should be able to buy bans. Not only would this help with ZD addiction but it would also help aspiring mods to make their dreams come true.

Also is there a way to turn off alerts. I don't need one popping up every time I post something.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I assume your're joking. I'd figure anyone who signs up for a Zelda dedicated website would have enough knowledge of the game to know that rupees is the games fictional currency.

As for my suggestion I think we should be able to buy bans. Not only would this help with ZD addiction but it would also help aspiring mods to make their dreams come true.
I was referring to the current misconception using dollars. I've heard a few times today ”what ZD has microtransactions now?" I was saying that by switching to rupees that thought might not occur.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Also is there a way to turn off alerts. I don't need one popping up every time I post something.
Yes, you can turn them off in your "alert preferences". Hover over your alerts tab or username tab at the top-right of the page and select "alert preferences". You'll find checkboxes to disable various alerts there.

D

Deleted member 14134

I was referring to the current misconception using dollars. I've heard a few times today ”what ZD has microtransactions now?" I was saying that by switching to rupees that thought might not occur.

Wow your right, I need to learn how to read. Hope you still love me <3

Djinn

and Tonic
So far random permissions are a possibility as something to sell. Postbit items are a bit trickier since this software does not really allow for it. It will have to work with a trophy type of add on that we can upload pics for.

Ah, so that's what that was about. I thought that was a cruel way for ZD to remind me I should get a job.
Yea but...that kidna was our plan.

A few years ago when we were on a different forum software, we used to have a gold system and a shop in place and, from memory, there was no notable increase in the amount of spam. It's against the rules anyway to make spam posts, so I'm sure the mods will deal with any spam accordingly if it does happen.
...what if there was a less moderated forum section that was all about spam posts?

We should be able to buy new smileys and use in the forums. We should also be able to buy a new color that shows on our Avatar name.

So for example, instead of:
Lozjam(in white)
I could have it as:
Lozjam

Also, I think Likes should get the person way more money(perhaps even $5) to encourage quality posting. Quality over quantity.
We used to sell smilie uploads and username colors on the last market two years ago.

And I was on another forum that actually sold reputation which worked like the likes system.

@Ganondorf asked a good question.
Why isn't the currency rupees?

stupid thing uses a text field for the money so we just left it at $ for the moment. I'm open to other font type things.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Personally, I've never really been able to get on board with these points types systems because if there is any point to them at all it usually ends up messy, like people customizing their usernames in silly fonts and colours as before. That being said, I seem to remember back in the old days, you could buy those little sticker/gift things for your friends. If you could gift people (or yourself) with little icons and stuff to put in your sig or under your user title I suppose that would be cool without being too disruptive.

Djinn

and Tonic
Yea gifting pics was a fun one. We need
XgkNrtX.png
back again.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm can we get an explanation mayhaps of the Lorule Lounge?

Pretty much an area where rules are more relaxed, similar to the shoutbox but rather than it being so fast paced the posts will be easily available later. I can imagine it could be used for sharing memes about ZD or whatever. Thinking I may lower the cost so that more people can access it?

how about character limits being able to be bought? like you can make your status' longer or something similar?

Or Bribe a mod? Make it cost 1K and it's a get out of Jail ONCE card?

There doesn't seem to be a set permission for that. I'll let you know if I come across anything later on.

I do not think that it's a good idea to penalise someone for unfollowing another user. There are many reasons why someone would want to do this ranging from clearing inactive users from your list to a fallout with someone.

This is so that people don't follow a user then unfollow them, only to follow them again and repeat to get unlimited $$$.

@Ganondorf asked a good question.
Why isn't the currency rupees?

I changed the symbol to Indian Rupees.

The user title and username customisations are not possible in this system (unless we specifically create a user group for an exact format) and I personally thought different colour/size/font usernames made the forum look messy before.

As for the multiple people asking for some kind of gifting system similar to how we gifted Pokemon and such in VB. There doesn't seem to be any way to do this with the current software, but I am looking out for ways to get it done.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Pretty much an area where rules are more relaxed, similar to the shoutbox but rather than it being so fast paced the posts will be easily available later. I can imagine it could be used for sharing memes about ZD or whatever. Thinking I may lower the cost so that more people can access it?
And I payed full price, lol. It's cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom