• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Also I had a look at the activity stats and everyone here has contributed between 30-60 posts, which is great. It means everyone's been getting involved and not hiding.

The only two exceptions are Mello Ezlo, who I can understand because they came in partway through the game, and A Link in Time who has 9 posts. I don't know what he's normally like so my question is: is this normal for him?

He didn't vote when the Day 1 lynch happened, and then day 2 he was the only one targeting Spiritual Mask Salesman. Seems like he's laying low to me but I'm not sure if this is just regular play style.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to post at the end of the last day, but I simply can't understand why people voted for Diego. His behavior was a bit erratic, but fake claiming so early on if he were mafia would have been suicide. If anything, I'm thankful he provided us with an easy way to pin down some potential scum.

Vote: Eoghan

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Eoghan said:
Honey, I said it was a tentative vote. The only purpose being to delay the scales being tipped so he'd come out and play.
My vote wasn't meant to be "heroic" by magically saving DekuNut and casting the town into a no-lynch Twilight, much as you'd like to imply. I just wanted DekuNut to come and defend himself. I gave him time, he didn't respond in that time, so I removed my vote that "helped" him. It was hardly "immediately after [you] cast a vote for him".

I didn't have a solid vote at the end of Day 1. That's the truth of it, so I acted accordingly.

First off I'm going to roleclaim before anyone else does. I'm Riki, the Town Lie detector. I was Riki, the Town Backup but after Dekunut was lynched I decided to take over his role. I can legitimize on post per day (but Thar only legitimizes them during the night).

The above quote is illegitimate. Eoghan had no intentions to save Dekunut on Day One, he only cares about himself.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I need to address what happened on Day 2. Diego roleclaimed Shulk, somehow the votes flipped and Diego was Lynched. Cody, you're looking weird to me because it was you who manipulated the Diego lynch, it just doesn't look right. You might try playing the role of a Townie who made a mistake but honestly I just am having a hard time believing that. I'm thinking you are either Mafia, or Cult - I'm thinking the latter because I don't see the benefit for the Cult in lynching Diego this early in the game. You exploited the doubt of the roleclaim before I could get it legitimized, I had it set up to get legitimized in the night but things went sour and Diego was lynched. I'm thinking you were the pawn used to take out a big player for the town, the head of the snake is still laying low.

So what do you have to say @Cody ?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Unfortunately, I didn't get to post at the end of the last day, but I simply can't understand why people voted for Diego. His behavior was a bit erratic, but fake claiming so early on if he were mafia would have been suicide. If anything, I'm thankful he provided us with an easy way to pin down some potential scum.

You voted for me ALiT by the time the day ended.

Anyway I will wait awhile to Vote Eoghan I want to see how things unfold. Eoghan is definitely scum, especially considering the way he hopped on the Diego Lynch bandwagon with almost no questions asked.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I need to address what happened on Day 2. Diego roleclaimed Shulk, somehow the votes flipped and Diego was Lynched. Cody, you're looking weird to me because it was you who manipulated the Diego lynch, it just doesn't look right. You might try playing the role of a Townie who made a mistake but honestly I just am having a hard time believing that. I'm thinking you are either Mafia, or Cult - I'm thinking the latter because I don't see the benefit for the Cult in lynching Diego this early in the game. You exploited the doubt of the roleclaim before I could get it legitimized, I had it set up to get legitimized in the night but things went sour and Diego was lynched. I'm thinking you were the pawn used to take out a big player for the town, the head of the snake is still laying low.

Have to agree on Cody. I got a pretty strong Townie vibe from him at the start but over the last day or so my view has completely shifted. He could definitely be the SK trying not to take too many risks, but I have hunch that he and Eoghan might be connected somehow.

So this is my plan: We lynch Eoghan, and if he flips Mafia then Cop please investigate Cody. That leaves us with three more suspects of the Diego lynch which would be Mellow, Frozen and Libk. Maybe Roleblocker could pick one to see if the night scene indicates that either the SK/Cult Leader/Scum failed in their kill/recruit. Then, SMS, you could test one of the statements from any of the three above to see if they're hiding something.

Either way, we would be clear of at least 4 suspects out the five and even if we're extremely unlucky and hit no one then we can focus on the other players who might be deceiving everyone. This includes myself, if I'm wrong and this plan completely fails then I take full liability.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion

I think you're overthinking a common sense lynch. It's really easy to look back after a lynch happens and go "oh looks like he wasn't mafia after all", but go back and read Diego's posts yesterday and tell me with a straight face that he wasn't the most suspicious player in the game at the time. I'm just a vote, not a majority lynch - I pointed out when Diego lied because I think pointing out contradictions is important in Mafia, but it's the majority of the town who decided that it was worth lynching him.

The reason Diego got lynched is because when asked questions he snapped and lied and claimed to be amongst other things the serial killer and a jester. You make it sound like it's something I did, but everyone was convinced that Diego was mafia, that's why they voted for him. On ZU we try to lynch people caught out in a lie because we believe it's the best way to catch Mafia.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
First off I'm going to roleclaim before anyone else does.
Unfortunately for you your buddy musicfan claimed for you before you could. How is it that he knew the exact ability you switched to partway through the game if this is your first time claiming it?

Unless I missed a claim by you earlier, the obvious answer to me is "cult". Do you have an explanation for that?

Unfortunately for you your buddy musicfan claimed for you before you could. How is it that he knew the exact ability you switched to partway through the game if this is your first time claiming it?

Unless I missed a claim by you earlier, the obvious answer to me is "cult". Do you have an explanation for that?

He soft claimed yesterday during the whole Diego fiasco.

You exploited the doubt of the roleclaim before I could get it legitimized, I had it set up to get legitimized in the night but things went sour and Diego was lynched.

Even if you had asked if his role was real or not, you would have found him to be a liar. His role was different from what he said he was. While he may have been Shulk, he said he was a jack of all trades when in fact he was a Dreaming God. Both of these roles are pro-town; however, Diego actions were anything but pro-town. If you had checked if he was Shulk or not than you would have gotten the truth, but you probably would have added the whole role claim, which would have resulted in a lie. To me, it only created confusion.

I. Told. You. That. Either you're lying, or you wasted a night action.

I swear nobody bothers to read anything.

On account of him being the SK and the fact that we can no longer afford to mislynch, I'm going to

Vote: Mellow Ezlo

The thing is, Eoghan, if SMS is Riki than you are Dickson the mafia member because the night scene says that Riki knew Dickson was lying. SMS says he is Riki and no one is arguing it. It doesn't matter what you said in the past; when the lie detector says you lied, then you lied.

Now, even mafia wants to kill the SK, so I can see why you want to find them. But what is your reasoning behind Mellow?

Sheik

:the:
voooooote count

Eoghan (4) - Musicfan, JC-Hurin, A Link In Time, Frozen Chosen
Mellow Ezlo (1) - Eoghan

Oh, and uh...

Day 3 ends on Friday, August 7th, at 8:00 PM CST. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes for a majority lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom