• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Sorry all, but I won't have time to write it up tonight.

The Night scene will be posted tomorrow afternoon.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
As I watched from my hiding spot, I couldn't help butt feel sorry for the group of weary travelers breaking down their camp. They were constantly being picked off like pesky Clowd Fliers, and even though I brought one of them down, I used to be one of them. Butt upon my master's reawakening, the duties of the past shifted once again to serving him. Such a pity it just had to be this very herd of nitwits who stood between us, and that Shulk had passed away.

I supposed there was no harm in exchanging one last greeting, and made my way down to the encampment. While in Homs form, I knew they couldn't possibly mistake me for a thread and wasn't afraid to approach them normally. Halfway down the hillside, the famed "hero of the Homs" caught sight of me, breaking into a strange grin. "Well, if it isn't my abettor from the Battle of Sword Valley!" he called out.

"Yeah, yeah, save it for when I'm dead 'n' gone," I responded sardonically. "In the meantime, you can all lavish in the tales of this peculiar mixed team ravagin' mounds of those blasted Mechon." I pretentiously looked around, studying everyone's faces. "Speakin' of which, where is that Monado- wieldin' shut-in, Shulk?"

As expected, their countenances took on a grim facade.

"Oi, what's got you lot all downtrodden?" I inquired. "Don't tell me the lad shut himself back in the lab to study the Mona--"

"Shulk is dead," the Homs hero, Dunban, answered sorrowfully. "He was murdered by the Mechon with the metal face, the one who attacked Colony 9 last month."

"Unbelievable," I murmured, though it was nice to confirm the rumor for myself. Then I noticed one of the group eyeing me curiously, a Nopon who held a staff feet taller than him. The eye contact made me feel uneasy and almost lost my composure, butt I calmly met his gaze. "What's eatin' at you, furball?"

"Riki have bad feeling about you," the Nopon announced. "No feel can trust you, even though you obvious acquaintance of Riki's sidekicks."

"Sidekicks?" I repeated, glancing at Dunban and chuckling inwardly. "And I suppose that this makes you the leader of them in Shulk's stead, then?"

"No, Riki can tell by inherited method," the Nopon explained, albeit nonsensically. He'd been grasping that staff of his so tightly that I'd suspected he was their commander, somehow.

"What do you mean by that, Riki?" Dunban asked. "The only way you could be so sure that this man was suspicious is if he lied to us. Butt that wouldn't make any sense, because he's been a part of Colony 9 for as long as I can remember.

"Yes, Riki is certain that man is lying," the Nopon asserted. "Staff would no lie about such thing."

I grit my teeth. So it was the staff that made his perception so deep. "Why you little..." I whipped the sniper rifle off my back and aimed it at the furry nuisance. "Looks like the jig is up. Too bad you ain't my target, though." With that, I turned the rifle on to Dunban.

"What is the meaning of this, old man?" Dunban demanded.

"Watch out!" another Homs cried out, and a huge shield-like sword blocked the scope.

Irritated, I threw the gun aside and strolled forward. "Get outta the way, you red-haired oaf!" My arms bulged and rippled as I underwent a transformation into a gray-skinned giant. I knocked the shield-sword holder away and snatched Dunban up before he could bolt. "How does it feel to be useless, Hero?" I asked, my voice booming out. "You might've possessed uncanny potential to wield the Monado, butt my lord only sees you as a fraud. With Shulk out of the picture, he wanted me to tackle you next."

"Is this why you betrayed us, betrayed all of colony six?" Dunban questioned.

"You betcha," I proclaimed boisterously. "Just look at you now, a washed-up and decrepit imitation of my master. And to think that I once thought of you as one who could lead the Bionis in the next life." I shook my head and squeezed Dunban's body before he could so much as squeal. With that, I faded into oblivion, dropping the corpse, and laughed at the distraught party.

---

I ran as fast as I could from the Mechon in pursuit of me. After crashing my buggy into Raguel Bridge, I had to escape by foot, hoping against hope that my pursuer had thought I'd fallen into the lake below. This was my one chance to alert everyone at Colony 6 of a possible invasion!

I'd made it to the Bask Cave Passage faster than anticipated. Colony 6 lay just on the other side of the high-rising walls. Excited, I surged forward with more determination than before and almost set foot within my goal. However, at the last possible second the Mechon flew overhead and landed dead in front of me. "Where do ya think you're going, pipsqueak?" it demanded impatiently.

"I-I was heading home when you attacked me!" I blurted out, then realized how bad that sounded.

"Attacked you? Well now, at the very least you put up a very good distraction from the main party." The Mechon leered at me evilly; the metal face gave off the impression of being more human than Mechon. "Fun's over now, twerp. You're really beginning to bore me."

I raised my arms helplessly. "B-butt--!"

"No butts!" the Face exclaimed, sweeping out its claws. The last thing I felt was an instantaneous pain in my side, and then blackness overtook me.

Rosa Luxemburg was Dunban, the Town Captain!
PokaLink was Juju, the Vanilla Townie!

Day 3 ends on Friday, August 7th, at 8:00 PM CST.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Frozen Chosen
  6. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  7. Cody
  8. Eoghan
  9. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Okay I think I understand this night scene a lot more clearly than the last one. First part is telling from the killer's perceptive and the second is from the other victim's perspective. I think it's pretty obvious who killed who this time since the second part describes the same Mechon from the other night who we figured was the SK. So that makes the person who killed Rosa Mafia.

Speaking of the person who killed Rosa, does anyone know who this character is? Does it have any connection with the first night scene killer? What need to build up a clear picture of who's who here and I just want to make sure in case I end up confusing the hell out of myself like the last night scene :I

Anyway I found something interesting in the night scene that deserves a look:
"He was murdered by the Mechon with the metal face, the one who attacked Colony 9 last month."
So the Mechon who we suspected as the Serial Killer is said to have killed Shulk aka Diego (I still say this lynch was a mistake and I don't like how quickly and abruptly that lynch turned, but I'll address that later). So someone on the Diego lynch is the SK(?) or it could be just for purpose of narrative; though I think the former. One of these is the Serial Killer and there's probably scum here too:

Diego (7) - Frozen Chosen, Cody, musicfan, Eoghan, Rosa Luxemburg, Mellow Ezlo, Linkdude74

First off we can clear Musicfan because Rosa flipped Captain. So that leaves 5 suspects who could possibly be the SK and I'm sure there's scum here too. These 5 are now the most suspicious in the game in my opinion. I'm going to have a proper look back over the whole game and give my thoughts on each one tomorrow. We're in a pretty bad situation, but I think if we focus on this sample here we will eventually find one if not two targets.

As I watched from my hiding spot, I couldn't help butt feel sorry for the group of weary travelers breaking down their camp. They were constantly being picked off like pesky Clowd Fliers, and even though I brought one of them down, I used to be one of them. Butt upon my master's reawakening, the duties of the past shifted once again to serving him. Such a pity it just had to be this very herd of nitwits who stood between us, and that Shulk had passed away.

I supposed there was no harm in exchanging one last greeting, and made my way down to the encampment. While in Homs form, I knew they couldn't possibly mistake me for a thread and wasn't afraid to approach them normally. Halfway down the hillside, the famed "hero of the Homs" caught sight of me, breaking into a strange grin. "Well, if it isn't my abettor from the Battle of Sword Valley!" he called out.

"Yeah, yeah, save it for when I'm dead 'n' gone," I responded sardonically. "In the meantime, you can all lavish in the tales of this peculiar mixed team ravagin' mounds of those blasted Mechon." I pretentiously looked around, studying everyone's faces. "Speakin' of which, where is that Monado- wieldin' shut-in, Shulk?"

As expected, their countenances took on a grim facade.

"Oi, what's got you lot all downtrodden?" I inquired. "Don't tell me the lad shut himself back in the lab to study the Mona--"

"Shulk is dead," the Homs hero, Dunban, answered sorrowfully. "He was murdered by the Mechon with the metal face, the one who attacked Colony 9 last month."

"Unbelievable," I murmured, though it was nice to confirm the rumor for myself. Then I noticed one of the group eyeing me curiously, a Nopon who held a staff feet taller than him. The eye contact made me feel uneasy and almost lost my composure, butt I calmly met his gaze. "What's eatin' at you, furball?"

"Riki have bad feeling about you," the Nopon announced. "No feel can trust you, even though you obvious acquaintance of Riki's sidekicks."

"Sidekicks?" I repeated, glancing at Dunban and chuckling inwardly. "And I suppose that this makes you the leader of them in Shulk's stead, then?"

"No, Riki can tell by inherited method," the Nopon explained, albeit nonsensically. He'd been grasping that staff of his so tightly that I'd suspected he was their commander, somehow.

"What do you mean by that, Riki?" Dunban asked. "The only way you could be so sure that this man was suspicious is if he lied to us. Butt that wouldn't make any sense, because he's been a part of Colony 9 for as long as I can remember.

"Yes, Riki is certain that man is lying," the Nopon asserted. "Staff would no lie about such thing."

I grit my teeth. So it was the staff that made his perception so deep. "Why you little..." I whipped the sniper rifle off my back and aimed it at the furry nuisance. "Looks like the jig is up. Too bad you ain't my target, though." With that, I turned the rifle on to Dunban.

"What is the meaning of this, old man?" Dunban demanded.

"Watch out!" another Homs cried out, and a huge shield-like sword blocked the scope.

Irritated, I threw the gun aside and strolled forward. "Get outta the way, you red-haired oaf!" My arms bulged and rippled as I underwent a transformation into a gray-skinned giant. I knocked the shield-sword holder away and snatched Dunban up before he could bolt. "How does it feel to be useless, Hero?" I asked, my voice booming out. "You might've possessed uncanny potential to wield the Monado, butt my lord only sees you as a fraud. With Shulk out of the picture, he wanted me to tackle you next."

"Is this why you betrayed us, betrayed all of colony six?" Dunban questioned.

"You betcha," I proclaimed boisterously. "Just look at you now, a washed-up and decrepit imitation of my master. And to think that I once thought of you as one who could lead the Bionis in the next life." I shook my head and squeezed Dunban's body before he could so much as squeal. With that, I faded into oblivion, dropping the corpse, and laughed at the distraught party.

---

I ran as fast as I could from the Mechon in pursuit of me. After crashing my buggy into Raguel Bridge, I had to escape by foot, hoping against hope that my pursuer had thought I'd fallen into the lake below. This was my one chance to alert everyone at Colony 6 of a possible invasion!

I'd made it to the Bask Cave Passage faster than anticipated. Colony 6 lay just on the other side of the high-rising walls. Excited, I surged forward with more determination than before and almost set foot within my goal. However, at the last possible second the Mechon flew overhead and landed dead in front of me. "Where do ya think you're going, pipsqueak?" it demanded impatiently.

"I-I was heading home when you attacked me!" I blurted out, then realized how bad that sounded.

"Attacked you? Well now, at the very least you put up a very good distraction from the main party." The Mechon leered at me evilly; the metal face gave off the impression of being more human than Mechon. "Fun's over now, twerp. You're really beginning to bore me."

I raised my arms helplessly. "B-butt--!"

"No butts!" the Face exclaimed, sweeping out its claws. The last thing I felt was an instantaneous pain in my side, and then blackness overtook me.

Rosa Luxemburg was Dunban, the Town Captain!
PokaLink was Juju, the Vanilla Townie!

Day 3 ends on Friday, August 7th, at 8:00 PM CST.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Frozen Chosen
  7. Cody
  8. Eoghan
  9. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby
This isn't safe for work... Too many butts.

So Riki says that Dickson is a liar. Did SMS, who soft claimed Riki, test Eoghan like musicfan asked? Musicfan seems to think so. If that's the case, I'm willing to vote for Eoghan.

Also, there was mention of the mafia and SK but no cult leader. Maybe someone roleblocked them?

Eoghan

Kasutony
Unknown to me, three figures beamed gleefully at their victory as they surveilled the scene from above.

I'm certain this refers to mafia. Someone said that the numbers were right earlier, so I'm going to be assuming the setup's like this (player list for convenience):

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Frozen Chosen
  7. Cody
  8. Eoghan
  9. JC-Hurin
Among the remaining nine, we have three mafia, one SK and some number of cultists. I think the number of cultists would be roughly three at this point (but no less than two). This is doubleplus ungood.

First off we can clear Musicfan because Rosa flipped Captain.

Actually, considering that we're looking at a cult, I don't think we can?

The next day began with a full frontal assault from the Mechon forces.

The only person this matches this description was pkfroce, who ultimately resigned and Mellow Ezlo took his place. I'm positive that this is the Mechon player.

Iirc, Mellow's been relatively quiet so far, apart from a few posts.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow just realised that. Also forgot to point out this:

Unknown to me, three figures beamed gleefully at their victory as they surveilled the scene from above. They had managed to elude a close call and disposed of a mighty opponent, perhaps their most feared hindrance.
Three figures together? Definitely Mafia in my opinion considering the Cult has only recruited one member that we know of. Anyway it mentions a "close call" that would imply one of their own nearly dying. At first I thought it was referencing the previous night but that wouldn't make sense. Now with this evidence, I'm almost positive that the death scene was referring to Eoghan and him nearly being lynched.

There's no doubt in my opinion and I honestly would have liked to have lynched him yesterday.

Vote: Eoghan

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
It's a shame we lost Diego, but, well, it was the only responsible choice we could have made. He lied and then got caught and then lied again and got caught and then lied again. If we hadn't lynched him it would have been bizarre to be honest.

There's some follow-up I'd like to make today regarding some things asked yesterday. Firstly, Spiritual Mask Salesman was asked to investigate Eoghan's statements. What became of that? @Spiritual Mask Salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom