• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gatewatch RP Thread

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Alwin knits his fingers together in thought, "If what Jace said is true, we don't need to be the fire - just the spark. Now's the perfect time - tensions are high, aether is strong, people are together. We'd need to... frame them for something, probably. We don't need to hide our tracks well. The people will rise given the reason. So I suggest a two-pronged attack - we need the spark and we need the kindling. An event and an instigator. Someone who knows the people, who can rile them up after whatever happens... happens," he keeps thinking, "This is a game of politics, and unfortunately I'm unaware of the politics here. I have general strategies, but I don't have enough details about the situation to come up with details about my own."

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
" Political espionage... that is a little dark. i'm with you whatever we decide" Rasul says, still self-conscious about how he looks

Pen

The game is on!
As Rengo and the girl come up to the store's main entrance he takes a quick peak outside. Luckily the thopters weren't looking for him, so he was not in any immedate danger. He could see one thopter that was out seraching, but he figured that this side of the block was probably safer to exit from than the other side. Before stepping outside he turns to the girl and takes off his green scarf. "I'll let you wear this for now but I'm gonna want it back once we're safe again," he says to her as he wraps the scarf around her neck and bottom half of her face to disguise her as best he could. "That should do." He then takes her hand and starts walking quickly with her outside. Luckily there was a crowd to blend into, but Rengo still kept the pace up in order to be out of the danger zone as soon as possible. After having walked two blocks Rengo takes them down some stairs that seem to lead to the basement of an apartment building. He unlocks the door to take them inside but it just looks like a dark and filthy little garage filled with old dusty things that no one would want. Rengo shuts the door behind them. "There," he says and takes a deep breath of relief. "We made it."

Storm

Rasul pondered the meaning of life and everything as everyone stood dormant and untalking

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Alwin wonders why Rasul didn't continue the story if he was so bored, but shakes off some otherworldly and meta thoughts.
"It's what we need to do," Alwin tells the dwarf, "There's nothing bright and cheery about revolutions. The opposite in fact. Trust me on that one."

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
After the brief silence, Gideon nods in agreement. "Yes that's the only way to get that portal back and stop Tezzeret. Plus, these people could use some help. Luckily the spark for this revolution is already on its way to the arena."

Vesper was still quiet for quite some time, following without giving it much thought. She was calmer though, now that she realized people were after her again. Always wanting her for her powers. When they finally arrived at their destination, she took the scarf off amd managed to say thank you befire sitting down and pulling out her phone. No signal.

A voice could be heard over the PA system all over Ghirapur. "Ladies and gentlemen, come to the arena for an exciting duel between our head judge Tezzeret, and renegade prime, Pia Nalaar. Will the criminal beat our head judge? My guess is no. But it's sure to be quite a fight."

Pen

The game is on!
"Don't mention it," Rengo responds as he receives his scarf and puts it back on. He then puts his palm against one of the bricks in the wall and a secret passage opens up in the floor, revealing a staircase leading further underground. He gestures with his hand at the secret passage. "This is where I live. You can never be too safe in this city, so my mentor and I have chosen to settle down here where no one will find us." He starts walking down the stairs. "We should be having dinner pretty soon. You're welcome to join us if you want," he says as he walks down. Once downstairs he finds himself in a large, clean room which heavily contrasts the filthy and cramped room upstairs. This room that Rengo is now in is a hall that leads to several other rooms which are all part of his hidden home.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Al listens to the announcement, then the comment, "Metaphors, dwarf. Learn them," he claps his hands together and turns to look at the planeswalkers who actuslly know whats happening, "Ill guess that spark is also who Miss Nalaar wants to save?"

Storm

"Say Jace. now that we are part of the Gatewatch proper, when do we meet your fashion designer for our own clothes" Rasul says, his clothes practically in tatters from Innistrad. He feels like this is a bad first impression to his fellow Gatewatchers and hangs his head in shame

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Al looks down at his own. He hadn't pissed off a werewolf, so his clothes were in better condition than Rasul's, even with the gash in his side, "I won't worry much about mine. There's probably a few shops around... go check those. Just be ready for what happens to happen."

Storm

"If you honestly think shopping can help" Rasul says out the door, a box of matches in his hand

Storm

Rasul walks the streets of Kaladesh to the Bazaar, looking for clothes he knows damn well won't fit his niche....so he decides Maybe I'll just buy fabric. Rasul heads over to the Fabric vendor and Buys a Ream of Blue Fabric and Black Fabric, as well as Leather, and heads to a Blacksmith for some Iron. He walks along when he sees a hooded man on the Strret corner
"Hello, Child. I saw youe race today."
"Dost I know thee, Old Man?"
"I'm just a concerned Man. I know you'd do well in the Arena. Maybe I could convince you?"
" I hardly believe there is anything you can give me that will--"
The Old Man holds in his hands a Staff
"Child, This is a Staff for channeling Mana. the Gem on the end can siphon in any color of mana and implement it any way you see fit"
"Old Man, why do you give me this?"
"Every great Journey deserves it's Push"
The Old Man drops the Staff at Rasul's feet, and Rasul Picks it up. he decides to get Ready to compete at The Arena, fabricating his clothes and making sure it was what he needed... perhaps later on he would visit elsewhere and Get better gauntlets like the ones Jace has, but for now he heads for the Arena

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom