• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda XV Before Oot?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Now there are a lot of theories about zelda xv (zelda 2010) and my biggest one is that it comes before oot. Now a lot of people believe that the figure behind link in the concept art is the master sword or at least somehow connected to it which i also think is true which may explain the origins of the ms. Now if you look closely at oot link from the original oot (both forms) and zxv link you find that they all look alike. http://giblar.com/games/click/link ocarina of time.JPG http://saitonetwork.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/861.jpg

Now why you ask if zxv link looks most like adult link would i put this before oot on the timeline? Well my explaination is that he is *zelda chime* 'oot link i am your father'. Yep i think zxv link is oot links dad. Now then time to brace myself for all the negative crap... *sigh*

Zarom

The King
My opinion is that it takes place before OOT or after MM. Because Link really look like the one in OOT/MM. And I also think that the spirit behind him is the Master Sword. But I don't think it is OOT/MM Link's father. If Zelda XV takes place after MM, he could be the same Link or another one. If it takes place before OOT, I think it is another Link. He could have been born 100 or so years before, it is not obligated to be Link's father. :):)

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
You probably shouldn't just come out with statements, declare them belief, and wait for everyone to hate you- that's called flamebaiting (or just really advanced self-pity), and it's not fun.

So you're coming off wrong, and slmost all the Links look alike, but nonetheless your theory actually does hold water. I don't know about OoT's dad, but it's likely that it does come before OoT- given the mysterious fairy thing's appearance, ZXV will likely give the MS's backstory, necessitating a placement before OoT, which contains the MS. The only other alternative is placement after TP, maybe explaining the change in MS appearance from TP to LttP, but that's less plausible than a backstory. It clearly can't be AT, with the MS under the sea in Ganondorf's head, so yeah.
It depends on how far back the MS goes, but your theory does sound plausible. Nintendo doesn't like to confirm pairings for Links and stuff, but you never know.

Now there are a lot of theories about zelda xv (zelda 2010) and my biggest one is that it comes before oot. Now a lot of people believe that the figure behind link in the concept art is the master sword or at least somehow connected to it which i also think is true which may explain the origins of the ms. Now if you look closely at oot link from the original oot (both forms) and zxv link you find that they all look alike. http://giblar.com/games/click/link ocarina of time.JPG http://saitonetwork.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/861.jpg

Now why you ask if zxv link looks most like adult link would i put this before oot on the timeline? Well my explaination is that he is *zelda chime* 'oot link i am your father'. Yep i think zxv link is oot links dad. Now then time to brace myself for all the negative crap... *sigh*

Problems: Zelda XV can go between basically any of the sequels. The only place it can't go would be in between the direct sequels. And if FSA is the SW and ALttP follows it, well, it obviously can't go there...

Point being, it can go anywhere it makes sense. We have a) no story information, b) no quotes from Aonuma about its timeline placement, c) no title (not that it matters right now anyway), and d) no confirmation on who the mystical crystal chick is. All we have is one poster.

It is impossible to place it on the timeline as of yet.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
The most likely probability is that's she's connected to the Master Sword somehow, which pretty much necessitates that it be pre-OoT or post-TP given that. If that's given, it narrows down the timeline placement a lot, but as Hayzer said, we con't have any direct confirmation yet.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Based of that they look alike, I personally like to hope that it is a sequal to MM on the child timeline, and fits snuggly inbetween MM and TP. Of course there isn't anything to back this up, but a Zelda fan can dream.
One Main reason I wish for this is it could explain things like what outrageous thing Ganon did to get him executed, how the master sword moved from the temple of time into the sacred grove, and it could be OOT Link, but as an adult, in the child timeline.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Based of that they look alike, I personally like to hope that it is a sequal to MM on the child timeline, and fits snuggly inbetween MM and TP. Of course there isn't anything to back this up, but a Zelda fan can dream.
One Main reason I wish for this is it could explain things like what outrageous thing Ganon did to get him executed, how the master sword moved from the temple of time into the sacred grove, and it could be OOT Link, but as an adult, in the child timeline.

Well while it's possible that it's post mm the ms never moved from the tot to the sg. The tot fell into ruin between oot and tp and a forest formed around the ruins and the magic of the ms protected it and the pot. And the reason ganny was sentenced to death was because the king of hyrule and zelda were informed by child link of his plans after being sent back by zelda in the future. Hope that wasn't too confusing. pot stands for pedestal of time and tot stands for temple of time. sg stands for sacred grove.

Problems: Zelda XV can go between basically any of the sequels. The only place it can't go would be in between the direct sequels. And if FSA is the SW and ALttP follows it, well, it obviously can't go there...

Point being, it can go anywhere it makes sense. We have a) no story information, b) no quotes from Aonuma about its timeline placement, c) no title (not that it matters right now anyway), and d) no confirmation on who the mystical crystal chick is. All we have is one poster.

Well that's true but still it's probably pre oot or post mm. And not all the inderect sequels. ZXV can't go between oot and ww.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Well while it's possible that it's post mm the ms never moved from the tot to the sg. The tot fell into ruin between oot and tp and a forest formed around the ruins and the magic of the ms protected it and the pot. And the reason ganny was sentenced to death was because the king of hyrule and zelda were informed by child link of his plans after being sent back by zelda in the future. Hope that wasn't too confusing. pot stands for pedestal of time and tot stands for temple of time. sg stands for sacred grove.

Well that's true but still it's probably pre oot or post mm. And not all the inderect sequels. ZXV can't go between oot and ww.
Some random kid they've never met says Ganondorf, who aided in the war is going to turn against the king. Honestly I don't see why the king would make an exception considering he would have to sneak into the castle to try and get Ganondorf, who the kingdom trusts executed. And the Temple of Time did move, it was once in the Hyrule Castle Town, notice also how it is guarded differently.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Some random kid they've never met says Ganondorf, who aided in the war is going to turn against the king. Honestly I don't see why the king would make an exception considering he would have to sneak into the castle to try and get Ganondorf, who the kingdom trusts executed. And the Temple of Time did move, it was once in the Hyrule Castle Town, notice also how it is guarded differently.

True the hyrule king wouldn't trust him but he still had the oot and the song of time so that would be very good proof especially if zelda backed him up. And he knew zelda's lullaby which further proves it to be true.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
True the hyrule king wouldn't trust him but he still had the oot and the song of time so that would be very good proof especially if zelda backed him up. And he knew zelda's lullaby which further proves it to be true.
Zelda took the Ocarina of Time before she sent him back remember? It was later that she gave it to him and he went off to do his thing in MM, they obviously did become friends within this time, but I personally don't think Link told the king of Ganon, because if he never opened the door of time, there would be nothing to worry about.

The Temple of Time didn't move. Hyrule Castle is what moved.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Zelda took the Ocarina of Time before she sent him back remember? It was later that she gave it to him and he went off to do his thing in MM, they obviously did become friends within this time, but I personally don't think Link told the king of Ganon, because if he never opened the door of time, there would be nothing to worry about.

Okay i admit i was wrong about him having the oot but he still knew the song of time and zeldas lullaby and even if ganny never got to the sr he probably would've wiped out the gorons through hunger, the zoras directly, and the kokiri directly to try to get the spiritual stones. And then the whole thing with the king getting killed would repeat but without link getting the stones. Then there's the fact that impa would also back up link cuz she believes zelda and that link is a hero.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

I have to agree with this. We have NO information on this game and already people are trying to place it on the timeline. It's really annoying, IMO. At least with ST we had a trailer to go on before any statements were made on it. It was at least plausible to come up with theories based off of the trailer. We have nothing but a poster with a picture of Link and a girl who looks a heck of a lot like the fairy from motherdaughter island in WW. My guess is she is a fairy, not the Master Sword.

Where in the game did it say Hyrule Castle moved? Never in any game has Hyrule Castle been in the lower left area of the map.

Temples don't move. Also, Hyrule Castle is in the Middle of the map in TP. If you flip the OoT map upside down, and moved Hyrule Castle just a little closer to Lon Lon Ranch, it would look pretty close to the TP map.

Of course, Miyamoto doesn't plan on having the maps resemble others hardly at all, so in all honesty, it doesn't matter that much.

But again, no civilization has moved their sacred Temples. They are still in the same spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom