• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Wishlist

I don't want to be one of those people but for what I want from Zelda WiiU? I want the same feeling I got when I popped in Metroid Prime. It had been a long time since I played a Metroid game and to be honest, it kind of feels that way with Zelda for me. Sure Skyward Sword came out last year and sure it was great. Just saying i haven't had a really excited feeling when opening a Zelda game in a long time. To get that feeling back I would want a totally NEW Zelda experience, one that I'm sure can come from the WiiU.
I want bigger innovations on stuff that exist, but big enough to make you forget about them and be in awe of what a great game this could be. Please Nintendo, give it everything you got, fill that disc space to the brim.

My wishlist:

1) Give Link a family again.
The only emotional moment I have EVER had in a Zelda game is when I was about to save Arryl in WW, only to have that giant bird throw my efforts out the window. (literally) I really feel no conection to an orphaned Link. :/

2) Improve stealth.
Someone else alreadt covered this, I second what he said. :)

3) Some higher AI for the enemy
Let's face it, the smartest thing in Zelda has to be SS's lizafols/dinafols, and even they where slightly predictable.

... I had another, but I forgot.........

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think one of the most important aspects of a Zelda game is the overwold and exploration....
My favorites Zelda was TP one of the main reasons was the size of the overworld and it felt like you were on an adventure. I know a lot of the overworld felt empty but take a game like shadow of the collesus, it was very empty but yet so epic. Sure it shouldn't all be empty I just mean maybe between provinces.....

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I think that an MMORPG Zelda game on a game system would be quite awesome but aside from that a few other things I would like are

More Items

It's a big thing for Zelda games and they rarely disappoint me with the items or even amounts, but at the same time I am never really impressed by the items amount. (Except MM, I mean 6 bottles and 2 screens of items, soooo exciting)

MM bringing my next wish, I want this remake of Majora's Mask, the video is unfortunately fake, but it is still an amazing trailer that I happened to come acrossed like two days after testing the Wii U and it got me so excited, then found out it was fake.

E3 2012 - YouTube

This traler tells me not only would the graphics have been changed, which I rarely care about, but the characters would be even more, I don't know what the word is, besides memorable, sometimes in games you got characters which really don't make you feel anything even if the text suggests they should, I feel this would have been the complete opposite, the mask salesmans prank showed a humorous side to him Which made me wonder what the other characters might have been like.

Lastly if the game is a regular non MMORPG Zelda game, than it'd be cool to have link and Zelda both as playable characters and have a second player be able to pick up a controller and play as the character not used by player one.

What do I want in a Wii U Zelda game? Get ready cause this is going to be a long list...

(1) Amazing graphics. Recently I played Assassin's Creed 3 and was absolutely blown away by how real the world looked! The characters' faces looked so real and I was so impressed by what can be achieved on video games now! I definitely think the Legend of Zelda could pull off a realistic style, and it would look INCREDIBLE!
(2) A great story. Not a typical, predictable story, but something different. Something epic with lots of unexpected twists and turns. I want very thorough character development, (particularly for Link and Zelda), because that really makes you form an attachment to them and really get into the story. Link doesn't have to talk. I wouldn't mind if he did..but I'm assuming that's not going to happen:P However, even if he remains our silent hero, his emotions can still be shown clearly, (as we saw in Skyward Sword), and I liked being able to choose dialogue options from time to time! So I guess that's my third thing on the list...
(3) RPG elements. I think the option for the player to make their own choices always adds something to a game.
(4) I want a VERY LARGE world that can truly be explored! Not like Skyward Sword..where everything, (except for the sky), felt very confined and like you were forced to go a certain direction. I want a world like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess--very open and explorable. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it was twice as big as Twilight Princess!:P
(5) I want the next game to be STORY DRIVEN. Not driven by side quests..but by the MAIN STORY. I like side quests, sure, but they definitely should not dominate play time. Most of the developers effort should be spent on the main story of the game. (Have I repeated myself enough yet?) What I have always remembered the most about Zelda games were their engaging, magical, intense stories! And I don't want that to ever go away. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword are my favorite games, and I absolutely loved their storylines! Also, Link and Zelda's relationship in Skyward Sword was by far the best to me. It actually REALLY made you want to rescue Zelda and she wasn't just some random princess that you didn't even really know! Anyway..I've rambled on long enough. So yeah, this is what I want in the next Zelda game for the Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom