• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Symbols in Real Life

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Is the Triforce Related to the Three Great Pyramids?

Not sure if this is somewhere else but if it is you can delete it.

Any way in school I was learning about Egypt and one day this came to mind the three great pyramids from above look like a triangle and I was wondering did they get the idea of the triforce from these pyramids? I could not get a over head view but they look like they are related somehow just look at it by googleing it tell me what you think. I think they are related how about you? I found one just now so here it is http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.andrews.edu/~jonp/eg-3pyramids.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.andrews.edu/~jonp/eggizapyramids.html&usg=__S97NbuTNo-BKXGFepSWDEpOSlbk=&h=480&w=640&sz=30&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=AbOUUdNjx4SABM:&tbnh=139&tbnw=208&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthree%2Bgreat%2Bpyramids%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D834%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C228&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=561&vpy=416&dur=863&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=148&ty=102&ei=8jZ4TNqDBIL78AamqpznBQ&oei=8jZ4TNqDBIL78AamqpznBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0&biw=1280&bih=834
rather long link but there it is they look like a triangle don't they.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I suppose that may be how Nintendo thought of it, do you know anything more about the pyramids though? Maybe some other connection to the Triforce other than shape?

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
Nope your wrong

No sorry to to burst your triforce of wisdom but
The trifroce was not invented by Nintendo it was invented by romans they believed it was a weapon used by Jupiter

The trifroce was not invented by Nintendo it was invented by romans they believed it was a weapon used by Jupiter

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
Nope your wrong

Thats a pretty good observation. I've never made that connection before. I've always assumed they based the goddesses and the Triforce on the three deities of Hinduism.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I just want to add that the Great Pyramid is the name of a lone pyramid in both ALttP and in FSA. In ALttP, it is were the Triforce is. In FSA, it is wear the Dark Mirror and the Trident is.

Sorry Ember but that's wrong. The Pyramid isn't called nothing in FSA and in ALttP it's called the pyramid of power.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't think so, it could just be a coincidence. The Triforce symbol isn't only used in Zelda, as it is a pretty popular symbol. Maybe the Pyramid of Power was inspired by the Giza Pyramids?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The Triforce MIGHT be related to that, but it's very unlikely. There are too many other possibilities.

1. Sierpinski Triangles

A mathematical fractal that creates the Triforce as it's first iteration.

2. Corporate Logos

Many corporations used the Triforce symbol in their logos, even before Zelda existed.

3. In nature/construction

Triforce-looking objects are often found in buildings, typography, and nature. Sometimes unintentionally... there's even a Triforce symbol on the $1 bill.

Basically, it's just an appealing shape that has been used in countless ways, and often occurs naturally.

Master

Upcoming
well , i personal think the Triforce it self is a nice logo to have , but to think about the origins of it is a tricky question . probably you close ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom