• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Should Go SPACEWARD

R

RetroStalfos

Wow you guys really attacked this idea.

I am not against the idea of a zelda in space. It just depends on what kind of space setting are we talking about? Sci-Fi space or Magical space? If there is to be any space setting, it has to be a magical one. Like maybe an ancient temple on the moon, a dungeon in orbit due to magic, or maybe a really REALLY tall tower that goes all the way into space.

It cannot be sci-fi though. I am not against some technology in zelda games, I like that steampunk touch that Majora's Mask and the adult timeline games have, but it should never go full sci-fi.

I do not think space would work at all. I think that if something comes from space, like some demon on a meteor (kinda like diablo 3) that would be alright. It would even be ok to have to travel to the meteor to fight the demon that would be ok. Wait that has been done with Majora and the moon...

See Link has allready been to space and back again in majoras mask

J

joshyman12312

I think that once a franchise ventures to space after its main setting has been earth, It's crying out for help as if to say "we've run out of ideas"
take sonic and mario as examples.

I think that once a franchise ventures to space after its main setting has been earth, It's crying out for help as if to say "we've run out of ideas"
take sonic and mario as examples.
I can't say it worked for Sonic, but it sure skyrocketed sales for Mario. The praise for that game was astounding along with the sequel..

This is an interesting issue...
Technically there has been no suggestion that ANY of the events in the Zelda series have ever taken place on our planet, or even our universe, so who's to say that Zelda isn't already "spaceward"?
However, if by "zelda should go spaceward" you mean they should start introducing a typically sci-fi theme, with aliens and space ships, etc, I would have to say a big NO to this because it pretty much completely changes the genre of the story as well as the zelda universe that we have all grown to love.

It would be like going, hey you know where we should set the next batman game? On a farm in the country.

Hmm... One part of me is saying Space and Zelda don't work and another Part of me is saying it could work. I'm sure Zelda could throw in Sci-fi ideas in future titles like they did in Majora's Mask, but I don't think a Zelda game that is completely based in Space would sell well.

There could be a dungeon/Temple that is set in space. After playing Chapter 8 of Kid Icarus: Uprising, a Space Level in Zelda wouldn't be a impossability.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
However, if by "zelda should go spaceward" you mean they should start introducing a typically sci-fi theme, with aliens and space ships, etc, I would have to say a big NO to this because it pretty much completely changes the genre of the story as well as the zelda universe that we have all grown to love.

It would be like going, hey you know where we should set the next batman game? On a farm in the country.
This.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I do not think space would work at all. I think that if something comes from space, like some demon on a meteor (kinda like diablo 3) that would be alright. It would even be ok to have to travel to the meteor to fight the demon that would be ok. Wait that has been done with Majora and the moon...

See Link has allready been to space and back again in majoras mask

That doesn't count because the moon was hovering right above Clock Town, hence being within the earth's atmosphere, not in outer space. :P

A space adventure in the Zelda series, huh? Personally, I'm not a big fan of space adventures; I prefer SKY adventures (one reason I loved Skyward Sword). However, I am open to the idea. Like wedge47 said, it would be like "Legend of Zelda meets Mario Galaxy". That does sound awesome. The problem is fanboys(girls) who are change-o-phobic, as well as the execution. I really don't see a sci-fi Legend of Zelda happening, so I'm not too sure how Nintendo would pull it off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom