• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Remakes

Which game would you like remade?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Spirit Tracks

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Skyward Sword

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I know we've seen a lot of remakes and remasters in the series (LttP GBA, LA DX, OoT3D, MM3D, WWHD, and COMING SOON TPHD), and I'm sure some people are sick and tired of them. Personally, I rather enjoy reliving the experience of games when they are redone, for the most part. Each game above has brought me enjoyment.

It got me thinking - which Zelda games would you actually LIKE to see remade and/or remastered? You can say "none", and that certainly understandable. A lot of people feel like the games are great as they are and shouldn't be touched. You can also vote for all of them, which would be a bit much in my opinion, but hey, it's your call. No game is perfect, and it could be argued that any of them could use an upgrade of some kind.

Personally, I'd REALLY like to see Link's Awakening and the Oracle games remade using the LBW engine. They're the ones that, in my opinion, have aged the worst (the NES games could be debated as well, but they seem to have a certain charm to them that would be difficult to replicate) and have gotten the least attention from the Zelda fanbase as a whole.

LttP would be cool on the LBW engine as well, but that might just be due to seeing the world in that way now and I want to see more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like to see an OOT H-DoubleD 4k remake on the NX. A true remake in the same vein as FF7, not just a coat of paint or even just updated character models. I want OOT remade as a modern game. Updated and completely redone gameplay, expansion on the original story, a fully orchestrated soundtrack, professional CGI cutscenes, full voice acting e.t.c

D

Deleted member 81859

No remakes. Nintendo has started churing out remakes to tide fans over, or using them as excuses.
Remakes are something special, because they breathe new life into a game that has laid dormant for quite a while.
However, if we stopped the remake chain and waited several years, something I would like to see being redone is Minish Cap. It had a lot of personality and was very, very clever. A lot of fans overlooked it, and I think it deserves a second chance.

Truffles

Zelda is the Dark Souls of Zelda
I pretty much agree with @tessylation on this. However, in a fantasy world, where we can have whatever we want, I'd Really love to see Link's Awakening get a bit of a "Link Between Worlds" treatment. Not rewriting the story and characters necessarily – but at least making the island feel less grid-like.
It's just such a fun, kooky diversion for the Zelda series!

The Oracle games. Oracle of Ages is my favorite 2D Zelda game, and I would be interested to see how it would improve with an ALBW engine.

Past that, no more remasters for a while. Nintendo is incredibly guilty of remastering all their old games as if they can't make a good new game. Which is odd, considering how good Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword are.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
The Oracle games. Oracle of Ages is my favorite 2D Zelda game, and I would be interested to see how it would improve with an ALBW engine.

Past that, no more remasters for a while. Nintendo is incredibly guilty of remastering all their old games as if they can't make a good new game. Which is odd, considering how good Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword are.
zelda has become their new cash cow,w/ them releasing a zelda related game almost annually for the past few years b/c they know the dedicated fanbase is gonna eat it all up

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't so much mind remakes happening so long as they are done by a different team and aren't an obstruction to new titles that are in the works. The developers take their time with Zelda games and make them of a high standard. Other series such as FIFA and CoD have games coming out yearly to keep their fans occupied (and to keep the $$ coming in), and while I would not like to see a yearly zelda title as I feel it would likely reduce the quality, I don't mind a few remakes to fill the gaps between.

The idea that @AncientPoe raised in regard to Zelda 2 is a great one I think. The difficulty of Zelda games has declined over time (as has been the case with many games) and if they could capture the difficulty of Zelda 2 and place it into a 3D world then I think I would find that very satisfying.

I won't lie, I am very curious to see how well the 8bits would transition into 3D, on the other hand, I think the 8-bit Zeldas are underrated and special and should be left alone.

Maybe if they remade them and offered the originals with them? Yeah! That'd be cool!

Link's adventure, and that's only because I'd like to see another side-scrolling zelda game, either that or the cdi games, which will probably never happen, for all the reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom