• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Zelda MMO?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hey I was wondering what people thought of a Zelda mmo. I've never played but envision something akin to WoW for a Zelda one. You would all sorts of different classes and skills and you could be different races do cool quests and things. What do you guys think? I think it would be awesome.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I wouldnt be against it if it happened, but let's be realistic. Games that dont start as MMOs never become that way, at least not by the original creators/company who happens to own the franchise at that time. When Activision bought Spyro and people found out they worked with Blizzard, there was discussion on the possibility of a Spyro MMO. But it didn't happen. Blizzard continued to focus on WoW and Activision made Skylanders.

So yeah. If there was a Zelda MMO it would have to be made by fans. And completely free to attempt to avoid lawsuits. I say attempt because there was a Chrono Trigger fangame that didn't cost a penny, but Nintendo sent a cease and desist because it got too popular.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
O Yeah!

I totally think a Zelda MMO is a good idea. It would need a lot of work, but Nintendo would never let something this big get released without a lot of effort being put into it. I would image a single server world have to be massive. I would think a version of Hyrule akin in design and artstyle to TP and OoT would do for your starting point. Each person would get their own castle and town to develop and protect. The various dungeons and races could give you quests that would allow you to gather new items and resources. The game would still include different enemies and NPCs, but dungeons might be limited in complexity to allow for the many players. You could even gather allies and loot the towns of your enemies. You'd still play as a single Link, but your opponent would be allowed to stock his town with guards and defenses to help him fight you, although he'd prefer to be at the battle in person. The ultimate achievement would be to rescue Princes Zelda with a team of allies (required) from an intense battle with a Ganondorf Boss. This would allow your character to head to the other regions of the game.

Then you could go into the lost woods and go into the hole to Termina. Here you would meet Team 2. They would have a similar setup to Hyrule, but they would have a vast version of Termina, Each player would be able to build their own Clocktown and gather masks to gain power. It would be a similar setup to Hyrule, except the stories and challenges would be Termina-oriented.

Alternatively, You could travel through a secret tunnel to the west of Hyrule. While there, you could progress through a passage in the western end of Gerudo Desert. There you would come across the Great Sea. It would feature dozens of islands to explore and have fun with. It would also feature a third team.

These teams would at regular intervals (maybe one day a week) go to war with each other. These passages between worlds would serve as bottlenecks as hordes of Links engaged in large battles for domination of the land, and there you have an MMO.

Epic.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have actually pondered this thought before and even though I think it would be a cool idea, I just don't see how it could work. For one Nintendo will have to think what percentage of the Zelda fanbase are fans of online gaming or MMO's in general and due to quite a large proportion of Zelda players being so called "Casual Gamers" I would just womder how much of a risk this would be. Another thing is that would this game be available on a Nintendo console or would it be on another or even on the PC. To be honest it doesn't seem like making this game on a Nintendo console would maximize sales and by making this available on PC or other console it would totally go against Zelda being a Nintendo exclusive.

Saying that though here are some features I would like to see if it happened:

- The worlds would be roughly based off the each game but would be on a bigger scale with more dungeons and places to explore Etc.
- You would use Rupees to buy and trade within the game
- There would be a number of different worlds each distint to that game...For example there would be OoT's version of Hyrule in contrast to that of TP's version, both would look and play differently
- One universal graphical style
- Combat would be mainly based of TP's combat with the addition of many hidden skills
- There would be a large level system
- With each level unlocks new abilities, character skins, weapons Etc.
- Weapons and items would be brought from all Zelda games with new updates from the 2D items and weapons
- This would be case with enemies as well
- There would be a main quest in the game taking place during the Era of Chaos....other wars and at the ends of each timeline
- Huge amount of sidequests Etc.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I think It would be a good idea. Zelda fans could choose their race, and live and adventure in a whole new Hyrule. It would be a spin-off, of course, not connected to the real timeline, but I think that with a little work, Ninty could pull this off.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Maybe im Bias as i dont really care for MMO's but am i the only one that thinks this is a bad idea, well maybe not so much a bad idea, but a lil excessive of an idea. I think something this ambitious would just crash half way through development. Not to mention all the *****ing we would hear about how the story line doesnt fit due the the blending of numerous Zelda games.

Like i said, im bias. i just dont see how anyone could pull this off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom