• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Zelda II Valley of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the Great Palace is a lot harder. All you need to do is be patient. What I like to do, is wait for the Blue Moas to come for me. When they come to you, and are low enough, down thrust them. After that, jump onto the ledge. One of those lizard things will come toward you on the ground below. Stay on top of the ledge, and just continue stabbing with your sword.

Alternatively, you can find where all the areas you have to go through are, exit it. Then walk around and wait for enemies to come. If you can time it right, you can get enemies to land on the areas you have to go through as you walk onto the space. If done right, you'll only have to fight enemies, or escape to continue.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
First of all, make sure all of your stats are at lvl 8. Like Pocket Asian said, the key to getting past here is just to have patience. Once you engage in a battle sequence, just stay on the platform and kill all of the moa (eyeball creatures) that you can see before you jump to the next platform (they can be killed easily with upward and downward thrusts). Before you jump to the next platform, always stand on the edge and wait a few seconds to make sure you've killed all of the nearby ones. The worst thing that could happen to you here is having one of them knock you into the lava.

Also, if you get really desperate, you could cast the fairy spell and just fly through the place. I don't recommend this though because it uses unneeded magic.

thanks for the help, ive never thought about staying on the ledge and hitting the lizalfos.

thanks. im at level 8 for all and ive tried using the fairy spell. your right, it takes up needed magic when you have to use the life spell

thanks. im at level 8 for all and ive tried using the fairy spell. your right, it takes up needed magic when you have to use the life spell

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
What makes it worse is that unlike most of the other palaces there's no statue at the very start of the Great Palace that can give you a red potion. However, they showed a little mercy in that if you get a game over in the Great Palace you start at the entrance, not way back at the North Castle. So if you're thinking is to try and conserve magic for the palace itself, don't worry about it. Use all the magic necessary to get there. And if you're low on magic when you finally do get there, there's no real shame in dying and getting a game over .. you'll have 3 lives and full life/magic. Actually if you don't have 3 lives when you get there I'd recommend going ahead and dying intentionally early in the palace so you'll have 3.

There are a pretty decent amount of red potions throughout the palace (and at least 1, maybe 2 extra lives), just not by the entrance.

Use the Spell spell a lot. Use it whenever there is 2 or more blue eyeballs floating around. Also use jump. Anyways good luck!

pacpix

AWESOME
I think the best method for valley of death is when you go into a scene use the jump spell and let the moas come to you and upward and downward thrust. The lizalfos will require you to use the dangerous ledge trick or just slash up and down as fast as tou can (i use the second option). The Patra in the middle will get you killed if you attempt to kill it so just run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom