• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Classic for DS

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I think it would be really neat if nintendo made a game card for the DS that had the first 4 zelda games in their original form. Maybe that's only because I haven't played a few of the old classic ones, but what's your opinion on this?

They allready remade the first 2 for GBA, then there's Links Awakening DX... all the 8 bits are available to be played on the GBA unless I'm mistaken.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The original two titles, Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link... have been released so many times already. I don't think they are needed on the DS. They've been available on the NES, Gamecube (Collectors Edition), Gameboy Advanced (Classic NES Series), Nintendo Wii (Virtual Console)... I mean, how many times are they going to milk the same games???

I think it would be cool to see a port containing Link's Awakening and the Oracle Series. For some reason I don't think the Oracle series got as much attention as they deserved when they were released. Besides, they can do the password/connectivity system so much easier with Nintendo Wi-Fi.

Eventually, I think Nintendo will release a full box-set of sorts, similar to what DVD's have done. Including all the major titles on a 5-6 disk set in one bundle for say $150 or something. I think that seems to be inevitable for video games. We've seen it done for the Classic Mega Man titles, but I think we'll see it for many other series, including 3d titles...eventually.

A port with LA, OoA and OoS would be cool, but that would mess up the password thing since no one would need to trade passwords because you would have the other game on the same card.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Unless they made a change to the games where they can use the built in Wireless rather then link cables. It doesn't sound like a bad idea, yet it kinda does at the same time when you have the game.

>_<

Depends on what we're talking about for classics. Just LoZ and AoL, or games like Ocarina of Time included. Because I was quite happy when I did see those fake images of Ocarina of Time for DS, I thought it would be a good idea, see how they could make it work. Of course they would probably have to change some things about it, but still an interesting thought.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
>_<

Depends on what we're talking about for classics. Just LoZ and AoL, or games like Ocarina of Time included. Because I was quite happy when I did see those fake images of Ocarina of Time for DS, I thought it would be a good idea, see how they could make it work. Of course they would probably have to change some things about it, but still an interesting thought.

Also believe that they would have to change something. And also would find it most interesting, would be really nice!!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
A DS cartridge can hold a max of 256 MB. The games range from 2 MB to 32 MB. Do the math (plus the emulators that are about 15 M:cool:

M

Marusu

Here's a better idea for a handheld and cartridge that can hold more adequate space: Re-release a tweaked version of BS Zelda/Stone Tablets and Super Mario All-Stars: SMB/Lost Levels with great online features and even greater modes. There should be a time limit when wirelessly connected (special monthly events) to beating these games, much like Sattelview.

This would have basic features like replay, unlockable artwork, battle mode extras and add-ons for when you complete the game (add-ons, like darknuts instead of octoroks or spineys instead of koopas troopas)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Here's a better idea for a handheld and cartridge that can hold more adequate space: Re-release a tweaked version of BS Zelda/Stone Tablets and Super Mario All-Stars: SMB/Lost Levels with great online features and even greater modes. There should be a time limit when wirelessly connected (special monthly events) to beating these games, much like Sattelview.

This would have basic features like replay, unlockable artwork, battle mode extras and add-ons for when you complete the game (add-ons, like darknuts instead of octoroks or spineys instead of koopas troopas)
Pretty good ideas. Yet, you only had eight hours, and the voice actings were live. Sounds good, yet keep it Zelda. Not that I have anything wrong with Mario...:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom