• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda and Link: Lovers? Siblings? Friends?

linkman8

True and Noble
Seems rather like coincidence to me. They both coincidentally don't know where their mothers are, or their mother is "dead". Father-wise, however, Link's father died in the Great War as a knight.
And the fact that both Link and Zelda have blond hair and blue eyes again is more coincidental than anything.
I'm convinced there's no way that they could be siblings, escpecially considering they're the same age. In the end I try to convince myself they're lovers.

J

jakesuhr

I think anyone who is always saving the Princess is probably making love to her a lot and going out with her. Mario for example saves Peach a lot and we all know she is his gf. Btw speaking of Mario I wonder if Luigi met Daisy at some point cause he asked his brother if Peach had a hot sister? lol Makes sense.

O

OniLink

maybe Links name is familiar beacsue he's the hero of time and maybe mentioned and she forgot
i dont think they are related but it never has had the romantic angle in the game

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Miyamoto says that it's a romantic story in the Zelda Documentary:

"Miyamoto: 'Ocarina was fun, and it also was zelda-like... the story's a little romantic. Though which is not very zelda-like -laughs-'"

There's a lot more to go on than just that tidbit, but that helps give the "romance" argument a little more weight. Just throwing that out there.

Wait, wait wait. I've been reminded of why I thought they were siblings. When you first meet Zelda, and tell her your name, she says something like "hmmm that sounds familiar". Now, some of you may be quick to point out that she had just had a vision of him, and therefore it only makes sense that she vaguely remembered his name. However, if her dream was so vivid she was convinced it was prophecy, wouldn't she absolutely remember his name, instead of merely remarking that it was "familiar"?

Also, they both have blond hair and blue eyes (I think the term "Aryan" is politically incorrect"). Just saying.
I, like you, always thought they were siblings. I'm pretty much convinced personally, although I acknowledge the lack of proof and can see the validity of a romantic relationship. But yes, this statement sticks out to me and is the one thing that makes me certain. There's just nothing else it can be referring to. Nothing comes to mind.

Seems rather like coincidence to me. They both coincidentally don't know where their mothers are, or their mother is "dead". Father-wise, however, Link's father died in the Great War as a knight.
And the fact that both Link and Zelda have blond hair and blue eyes again is more coincidental than anything.
I'm convinced there's no way that they could be siblings, escpecially considering they're the same age. In the end I try to convince myself they're lovers.
Coincidence perhaps, or that could be an intentional hint made by the creators. Zelda is never stated to not know her mother's location, her mother just isn't mentioned. The same is true for Link's father. When does it state he was a knight? They never mention his father at all in the games that I can remember... :?

I also can't think of any place where it indicates Link's age. Or Zelda's, although they might have said that somewhere. Link's age is always a mystery.

I think anyone who is always saving the Princess is probably making love to her a lot and going out with her. Mario for example saves Peach a lot and we all know she is his gf. Btw speaking of Mario I wonder if Luigi met Daisy at some point cause he asked his brother if Peach had a hot sister? lol Makes sense.
A little bit mature, but this is my response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsS6M5mBjQ

maybe Links name is familiar beacsue he's the hero of time and maybe mentioned and she forgot
i dont think they are related but it never has had the romantic angle in the game
That wouldn't work out at all, because Link is only known as the Hero of Time in the future. He never ventures into the past, so that wouldn't change anything. ;)

Miyamoto says that it's a romantic story in the Zelda Documentary:

"Miyamoto: 'Ocarina was fun, and it also was zelda-like... the story's a little romantic. Though which is not very zelda-like -laughs-'"

There's a lot more to go on than just that tidbit, but that helps give the "romance" argument a little more weight. Just throwing that out there.
Well, there's Saria, and Malon, and Ruto, and Nabooru... Haha, just kidding around. :xd:

That is a pretty good point, but also remember this is Miyamoto we're talking about here. He's made statements that were wrong and contradicted himself and such and such many times. He's even made statements that are directly contradicted by in-game dialogue. Not saying his word is completely worthless, just that it's not 100% conclusive and should be taken with a grain of salt.

He also seems like he's doing that thing where he doesn't really commit to a solid statement. The wording is iffy, you know? He says "a little" romantic, and never says what exactly he's talking about. He could even be referring to Saria.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
Link was the last of the Royal Knights bloodline in ALttP, I think.
yes, link was the last true hylian knight to carry the bloodline in Alttp. and as for my feelings of Oot zelda and link, i doubt they are related... however i beleive them to be lovers. one major reason for this, being in MM, the sequal, link has a memory of princess zelda saying that the song of time reminded her of, and i quote, "us" unquote. also, wait, heheheh, major + a = majora... heheheh, sorry, had to point that out, anyway, the triforce thing doesnt make sense, or else ganondorf would also have to be related to them via DNA. but Oot link is such a player, he's got it going on with 4 sages! saria, ruto, nabooroo, zelda, and hes got something with malon too! of course, this proves, no matter how stupid you look in those green clothes, you can still get something from 5 women... okay, that sounded a little wierd, but still.

in Oot, one fact is true...

:) + :zelda: = <3, and :ganondorf: + :) + :zelda: = :triforce:

Nye Pendragon

derparific
... Link and Zelda? As siblings?...
GREAT. Now I have fanfiction idea. >:c
ahwell.
But I highly, I mean SERIOUSLY, doubt they're siblings.
That wouldn't make any sense... why would Link be given to the Kokiri while his sister is save and sound in Hyrule Castle?
Why would the queen LEAVE during an invasion with just Link and not her daughter also? It's all very iffy to me. Maybe so that not both heirs would be killed? hmmm... more fanfiction ideas brewing... crud. :<
Plus they seemed to have more of a romantic connection than a blood one... so... yes. :x
It might work if they were half-siblings, but I really doubt that.
In fact, I'm about 99.9% sure they're not blood related. Because seriously, why would Nintendo confuse us like that?
Then the whole Royal family would be screwed up and that would also mean that the REST of the Links and Zeldas were related.
o.o
... Yeah, I'm gonna say no way, but hey, I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom