• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda and Link: Lovers? Siblings? Friends?

Austin

Austin
I don't know if there's an official explanation for this, but I've had this argument with several different people. In OoT, are Zelda and Link supposed to be in a romantic relationship, or are they related? I've had a brother/sister theory kicking around inside my head for quite a bit now and I can't exactly remember what made me so sure. All I can do to support it is by saying that we know that Link's mother died bringing to the Kokiri Forest, and that Zelda's mother is nowhere to be seen. Also, Link is Hylian.

Writing that down just now has made it occur to me how weak it looks, but I remember being quite convinced of it at a time. However, I've heard that they're actually intended to be "lovers". My one issue with that is that Link's already a bit of a pimp (Malon, Ruto, Saria, etc.).

So does anyone know for certain whether they're related or in love, or just, y'know, Zelda and Link...

N

NiaSoPurdy

i've been wondering the same thing...i feel that they r related b/c not only r they both hylian but they BOTH have the triforce symbol thing going on....there has to be something more to that...it seems as it should be a sign of royalty amongst blood relatives.....link's mother could have very well been the queen of Hyrule as i don't think zelda's mother was alive b/c she only talked about her dad ::shrugs::...i always felt it weird that ppl insinuate that they r lovers

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
i was wondering too, like niasopurdy said they both have the triforce symbol, maybe thats some sort of royal thing that is only in a certain bloodline that both link and zelda happen to be in, either that or they must be related.......

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I was always under the impression that Link came from a bloodline of knights. The Triforce thing is more readily explained by fate (the Triforce of Wisdom has to go to a royal family member and the Triforce of Courage has to go to the hero. Nothing says the holders must be related). Or maybe the Triforce of Courage has to go to a member of a royal knight bloodline since it isn't to farfetched to say Link is a descendent of the Royal Knights of Hyrule (I swear I read in some source that that was true but I can't remember where or if it's even canon...)

Hazel

A Frog
I don't know for sure, but I think they are NOT lovers! I had thought about it, but I always thought that they were just freinds...

Ikana

Trollkastel
I think they are just friends not lovers nor do I think they are related.Doesn't mean that they both have parts of the triforce doesn't mean they have to be related.

N

NiaSoPurdy

I was always under the impression that Link came from a bloodline of knights. The Triforce thing is more readily explained by fate (the Triforce of Wisdom has to go to a royal family member and the Triforce of Courage has to go to the hero. Nothing says the holders must be related). Or maybe the Triforce of Courage has to go to a member of a royal knight bloodline since it isn't to farfetched to say Link is a descendent of the Royal Knights of Hyrule (I swear I read in some source that that was true but I can't remember where or if it's even canon...)

u know what? that is a great point....also thinking back...in ALTTP, link's uncle was like a guard or something right? i mean he's the one who gave link his first sword and told him to go forth into the castle.........hmmmm......makes u think

Austin

Austin
u know what? that is a great point....also thinking back...in ALTTP, link's uncle was like a guard or something right? i mean he's the one who gave link his first sword and told him to go forth into the castle.........hmmmm......makes u think
Link was the last of the Royal Knights bloodline in ALttP, I think.

J

jakesuhr

They are called Legends of Zelda

I think each game is completely different from the rest. I mean you could try to connect them but since each is called the Legend of Zelda it sounds like each game could be like looking at an alternate universe of zelda and link. One could have them as lovers, the other could as siblings and another as just friends. But you all made good points though and they sound like it all could be very feasible and true.

Btw which Zelda games u hate the most? I hated Wind Waker and Adventures of Link.

J

jakesuhr

I always thought Link had a slight crush (just an itty bitty one!) on Zelda, but let it go by the time when Zelda sends Link back to his time. I think Zelda just thought they were just friends.

Lol that is true with many guys. The guy has the crush but the girl only thinks of them as friends.

L

LinkRoxMySox

I think they're just friends. Well, I guesss partly because I'm a LinkxMidna fan, sooooo... LINK AND MIDNA ARE MEANT TO BE!! Midna said at the end of the game(sorry for spoilers if there are any): "Link... I... See you later" What d'ya think she was gonna say? "Link, I will miss you"? NO! "Link, I love you"! I think it's plain obvious...
Sorry for the slight rant, there...

Chiraku

Demon slayer
OoT takes place before aLttP, and in there, t's faintly hinted that Zelda is Link's sister, that means Link and zelda must've ended sometime.

Austin

Austin
Wait, wait wait. I've been reminded of why I thought they were siblings. When you first meet Zelda, and tell her your name, she says something like "hmmm that sounds familiar". Now, some of you may be quick to point out that she had just had a vision of him, and therefore it only makes sense that she vaguely remembered his name. However, if her dream was so vivid she was convinced it was prophecy, wouldn't she absolutely remember his name, instead of merely remarking that it was "familiar"?

Also, they both have blond hair and blue eyes (I think the term "Aryan" is politically incorrect"). Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom