• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 3ds. You Decide.

zellinkda

one of many
Hello! i'm here to ask you what you want from zelda 3ds. you can give us a title of the game, or a play by play of exactly what you want/expect from zelda
3ds. this can include the eshop for upcoming zelda. if you are referencing spoilers, please let us know in your reply. thanks!

H

harda toenail

I want a ww/ph sequel. The ds already did shaded games so 3rd would be a good platform for another ww lookalike. In the beginning, you will have to sail around and solve puzzles on various islands and as you complete dungeons, water will drain as evil is depleted from the land. Each time water drains, there will be new areas and puzzles on the land, as well as people migrating to new areas creating new towns. The expansion of towns will centralize around the trees planted by dekus in ww. Side quests in towns may involve doing something to promote the growth and life of the tree in each new town.

Some dungeons will need to be revisited to collect a new item for a different area. For instance, link will acquire iron boots and have an underwater dungeon where he can only use few select items (like the clawshot in oot) but then have to go back once the water is lower than the dungeon area so he can use his entire arsenal of items to progress. The transportation in the beginning will be a sail boat and towards the end of the game when the entire land of hyrule is revealed, link will somehow acquire epona.

An alternate to this would be an element like time travel that takes link to the future when the water is gone and back to the past when he has to sail around and can reach the top of mountains. The world of wind waker would look great in 3d.

Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm on an iPad and it autocorrects way too much

MW7

Very similar to the original game in terms of freedom of wandering the from the outset, nonlinear progression, and no tutorial. There would be 10 dungeons with another final one that can only be accessed after beating all of the previous ones. So basically a very enhanced remake of the original game with a slightly larger overworld with more involved NPCs. Also the other thing is that there would be a second quest of higher difficulty with different dungeons (exactly in the manner of the original game- entirely new dungeons and even the item progression would be shuffled around) Once you beat the this quest you unlock a third quest of ridiculous difficulty. So all in all that would be 33 unique dungeons. Probably could be possible if it's top down with graphics like ALTTP rather than PH or ST and the story, music, and sidequests are limited.

I think this would hold me off for a really long time.

I want Zelda 3DS to be completely new which has been confirmed. For the art style, its kinda hard to say. As long as the art style fits the game, then I'm fine. For gameplay, I want it to play like any other Zelda game but there should be something that will make the game unique in a good way. For example, in ALttP we have the light world dark world system. For SS we have the motion controls. In MM we have the masks. Something should be remembered in this title that is completely original so that way it will be more fun and exciting. I expect the developers to make this a truly unforgettable experience and they should try to surpass SS, ALttP, OoT and any other Zelda game that has been released. I'm not going to try to overhype but at the same time I can't wait what Zelda 3DS is going to be like.

Turn based RPG. Link finds the MM transformation masks and the four sword. Then each Link can be any transformation, and each mask could be like a Final Fantasy class, with obvious differences. Then, later on, you could find masks for a Rito, or Anouki.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I truly want out of Zelda 3DS:
  • A female character (perhaps finally Zelda?)who is a physical fighter on par with Link but with the captivating beauty of TP or SS Zelda. I'd love for her to have emotions alike that of Link – happy in happy moments, sad in sad moments, angry in angry moments. No scoffing at people, no arrogance. I don't want a female character who is strong but looking like Impa (SS).
  • Return of the Magic Meter and magical items ingame. I'm not talking things like the Triforce or freakin' Fi/Midna, I mean things like Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, Fire, Ice and Light arrows...those kinda things.
  • A helper character who is on the annoying level of Navi, not of Fi and Midna. It's either actual speech or no speech at all, I don't want to listen to fake languages that mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If it means reverting to a fairy, then so be it.
  • Art style either of SS or TP.
  • I want entire peoples to be destroyed ingame, I don't want backstory, I want ingame, large scale events to take place. If it mentions a war, I want a war ingame, not through some backstory where we're left to mere speculation.
  • Dynamic Events – I want sidequests to have multiple outcomes, and I want multiple endings. Too long have we gotten "no matter what happens ingame, Link always prevails". Link has NEVER failed in his mission. That, in my opinion, needs to change. Also, remember those sidequests such as the Anju & Kafei sidequest? I want it so that even small scale sidequests have things you have to do or else a worse than desirable outcome will be achieved.
  • Many NPCs that actually mean something to the plot, instead of the usual "three core characters, two or so side characters and the rest useless".
  • More romance. This doesn't necessarily mean Link and a partner, but even things like AnjuxKafei could be incorporated among many more NPCs.
  • Return to Three Hearts, and a final boss who is actually hard instead of just being a mini obstacle.
  • 3D Zelda game a la Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess etc. Sorry, but no thanks to the whole top down gameplay of PH and ST – the 3DS is more than capable of console-like graphics and gameplay.
  • Many different plots sewed into one. What I mean by this is
    a) possibly two different characters, like how I mentioned in another thread about how Nintendo could possibly have two playable characters, one male Link and a female Link. I don't know how it'd branch out, maybe it could be two scenarios a la Resident Evil, or we could have 'chapter' based gameplay where we progress with one character and it switches to the other at key points a la Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with Ike & Micaiah. I don't know, I just want to play as a female character that has the demeanor (including lack of speech!) of Link.

b)Many plot stories that don't necessarily involve the main plot, but get involved at later stages. So it could be something like this initial framework:

Village 1 has problems going on, Link goes to save that village. Village 2 has problems, Link goes to save village 2 but then like evil forces overrun Village 1 but Link has the other option to go to village THREE and leave 1 to be overrun by said evil forces.

That would tie into multiple endings and a timeframe from doing X event to completion of Z event, if you do Z event you miss out on doing Y event which is between X and Z but not mandatory. I would like for every single 'event' to be completable without having to risk missing out on other details, though the possibility to still be there.

Last edited:
I want it to either be a sequel to Skyward Sword or an original story that could take place somewhere in the child timeline.

As for gameplay, it should either be 2D with 3D backgrounds ala Pokemon Black and White or an original 3D Zelda game. But I mostly want a re-occurring boss like Ghirahim. (I'm hoping to find a triforce of my own so Nintendo will add a black knight type character as a central villain like they did with Fire Emblem)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom