• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Smash tournament!

Which model?

• #1, Elim bracket

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • #2, One night of glory

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
IMO option 2 would be better as a set monthly thing (maybe with different rules each time.) If this is less than every month however, option 1 is probably the way to go as it allows more flexibility for people’s schedules.

Fig

The Altruist
Even from a casual aspect, there's going to be some things you would want to limit just to make the online tolerable (banning either super large stages or tour/transforming stages). I would personally do a redo of the poll and offer more options. That's one of the reasons why I haven't voted because I'm not in support of single elimination and the second option is only doable if everyone accommodates their schedule.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Even from a casual aspect, there's going to be some things you would want to limit just to make the online tolerable (banning either super large stages or tour/transforming stages). I would personally do a redo of the poll and offer more options. That's one of the reasons why I haven't voted because I'm not in support of single elimination and the second option is only doable if everyone accommodates their schedule.
This is the first time I've ever really been in charge of something like this, and I'm planning to do this for a while. It's gonna be a learning process to see what works and doesn't work. Right now, I'm thinking single elimination unless we get about 10 or more people, in which case I'll assign doubles.

Fig

The Altruist
This is the first time I've ever really been in charge of something like this, and I'm planning to do this for a while. It's gonna be a learning process to see what works and doesn't work. Right now, I'm thinking single elimination unless we get about 10 or more people, in which case I'll assign doubles.

How I see it, for how small the forum community is, unless there was 100+ people signing up, double elimination is fine as it wouldn't take as much time and TO'ing much like Term's Pokémon tournaments. Matches are super quick and don't take a lot of time to go through, especially if it's 4-20 people.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
How I see it, for how small the forum community is, unless there was 100+ people signing up, double elimination is fine as it wouldn't take as much time and TO'ing much like Term's Pokémon tournaments. Matches are super quick and don't take a lot of time to go through, especially if it's 4-20 people.
True, but if we get like 6 people that sign up, it would only be 3 slots on the bracket. I guess that would be fine now that I think about it, idk. My main concern is it would be harder to get 4 people together than just one.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Also I will be gone from very early on the 3rd to who knows when on the 10th so if you are starting sign ups on Wednesday how long does that go on for?

Fig

The Altruist
How many characters should we have picked?
Based on tournament experience, it's either no limit or if there is a limit like proposed earlier in the thread about 4-5 as potential options. Chances are though that if you are playing in tournament, most players tend to go 1-2 characters they are at least tolerable with.

Also as a reminder, if stage choice is to be decided by players, there should be a stage choice limit to what is legal, otherwise the potential of an infinite "No I don't want to play on that stage" will occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom