• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Today/Tonight is June 11th, June 12, the end of Day 4, is on Thursday of this week. At least that's what Windows 8 and my phone tell me...

Also, JC, why should Thar be the last vote on Fig?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Guys, I ask that you wait for me to get some of my thoughts out, in case anyone's thinking of hammering. I won't necessarily have anything useful to add, but I'll give you what I can in the morning. I'm setting a reminder on my iPad so I don't forget. I might ask for a replacement in the night period if you guys would like that just because I haven't been very helpful and I feel guilty, but if I do, I think I should leave my thoughts for whoever is going to replace me at least. :P

I also can't decide if I want to offer some of the info that I have. It's a very minor tidbit of information that my role gave me, but it kind of points toward a certain player being Town. But said player isn't currently in trouble, and I don't think I want to put them in danger of a mafia kill.

Also, for the record, I'm definitely leaning toward Fig being mafia. I'll get back to that.

(Dang, I feel so helpless and useless. D:)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So I think I get what Fig and Viral mean now. My whole suspicion on Fig stemmed from Day Three where he told the Cop to lie low as my theory was basically that the Mafia Role Cop investigated Alit the night before; however, if what Fig is saying is true, then the Role Cop could have investigated Alit on the same night they actually killed him. If this is the case then my whole reason for voting for Fig is completely gone.

I guess we'll find out when the game's finished, but I honestly didn't even consider the fact that Mafia could investigate and get their results back on the same night.

Anyway Fig, you're best just voting for yourself near the end of the day to give us peace of mind in the case that your claim is right. If Fig does flip Town then feel free to lynch me the following day.

I want to see if DekuNut still has his double voter powers.

Vote: justac00lguy

Vote count please? And don't worry, as soon as I'm free this morning around 11:30, I'll be back with some long-winded theories behind this, since I finally feel like sitting down and typing them all out.

And Viral.... you've asked a lot of questions, but we'd really like to hear your answers. It's rare that we can take all you have to say at face value, after all.

Fig

The Altruist
So I think I get what Fig and Viral mean now. My whole suspicion on Fig stemmed from Day Three where he told the Cop to lie low as my theory was basically that the Mafia Role Cop investigated Alit the night before; however, if what Fig is saying is true, then the Role Cop could have investigated Alit on the same night they actually killed him. If this is the case then my whole reason for voting for Fig is completely gone.

I guess we'll find out when the game's finished, but I honestly didn't even consider the fact that Mafia could investigate and get their results back on the same night.

Anyway Fig, you're best just voting for yourself near the end of the day to give us peace of mind in the case that your claim is right. If Fig does flip Town then feel free to lynch me the following day.

You want me to kill myself? Yea, that sounds very scummy to me. What kind of an idiot do you take me for? You are grasping at straws yet stubborn to go for me. If I voted for myself, that means I have given up and basically prove that I am indeed scum. Look at previous games, in recent games, scum who wouldn't find a better way or method to prove themselves voted for themselves to get it over it. I won't do that because I am not scum and I refuse to listen to your advice to just kill myself. I still have 10+ hours before the night is over so I still have a chance to turn things around to prove I am not scum. Maybe you are and trying to get town credibility.

For a person who states he never fake claims, do you a terrible job keeping that statement true. Think about it. You claimed as the tracker for this. You post here is very peculiar when it comes to the wording. First you stated that Alit targeted Kyb/Viral on the first day. I was a Watcher in a previous game and I never had the ability to speak with the Tracker and only knew there was a Tracker after a few Mafia days went by. I'm not sure if Leslie made the Watcher and Tracker partner up together as I never have seen that happened. Also you stated in your post that you "other investigations" failed. How could it be "other investigations" on the first day? Speaking of that, you didn't provided a target on the first day. Doesn't matter whether the you were roleblocked or failed, you should still provide who you targeted unless you didn't use your night action on Day 1. And just because you didn't receive a message doesn't mean you failed. You probably and most likely didn't receive any results as if you were role blocked, you should have received a message stating that your were role blocked or to the lines of it.

For now I'm going to wait for confirmation from either mod to see how the night scenes go and if I don't get any response, then this game was broken and waste of my time as I would believe this game would be fair.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
You want me to kill myself? Yea, that sounds very scummy to me. What kind of an idiot do you take me for? You are grasping at straws yet stubborn to go for me. If I voted for myself, that means I have given up and basically prove that I am indeed scum.
Calm down for a minute, man, and think through what I said before ranting. It's a contingency plan in the case that your claim is true. You said you would take a person with you when you died did you not? Now given that claim is true, would you want another Townie to die? If it's whoever hammers the lynch then you should hammer yourself if we lynch you. It's not scummy in any way and please stop using that term out of context.

Fig said:
Look at previous games, in recent games, scum who wouldn't find a better way or method to prove themselves voted for themselves to get it over it. I won't do that because I am not scum and I refuse to listen to your advice to just kill myself. I still have 10+ hours before the night is over so I still have a chance to turn things around to prove I am not scum. Maybe you are and trying to get town credibility.
No read my post thoroughly before you misinterpret it.

Fig said:
For a person who states he never fake claims, do you a terrible job keeping that statement true. Think about it. You claimed as the tracker for this. You post here is very peculiar when it comes to the wording. First you stated that Alit targeted Kyb/Viral on the first day. I was a Watcher in a previous game and I never had the ability to speak with the Tracker and only knew there was a Tracker after a few Mafia days went by. I'm not sure if Leslie made the Watcher and Tracker partner up together as I never have seen that happened.
No, I said Watchers and Trackers usually appear in the same game, I don't know if there's a Watcher nor can I communicate with them. How you came to this conclusion baffles me. Again if you read my post properly this wouldn't have been a problem.

Fig said:
Also you stated in your post that you "other investigations" failed. How could it be "other investigations" on the first day? Speaking of that, you didn't provided a target on the first day.
I'm not sure what you're even saying now. I tracked Alit night one and he targeted Wyatt, I targeted Findexma and Thareous on the following nights. I don't know any other way I can explain this clearer.

Fig said:
Doesn't matter whether the you were roleblocked or failed, you should still provide who you targeted unless you didn't use your night action on Day 1. And just because you didn't receive a message doesn't mean you failed.
I did share who I targeted... a while ago now. I'm pretty sure everyone knew that except for you of course.

Fig said:
You probably and most likely didn't receive any results as if you were role blocked, you should have received a message stating that your were role blocked or to the lines of it.
It depends on the mod, some mods say the investigation failed and some don't reply at all. I messaged Draco to confirm that my latest investigation failed (as there was pending problems on Skype) and he did so. As I said though, it depends on the mod. My last two investigations failed - Findexma didn't have a targeting role and I was most likely Role Blocked when I targeted Thar (unless he can't target anyone either).

---

At the moment you're overreacting and quite frankly it's distracting. Hopefully you read this post and it clears up some of your misinterpretations.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
And Viral.... you've asked a lot of questions, but we'd really like to hear your answers. It's rare that we can take all you have to say at face value, after all.

I'm trying to build connections with the little time we have. Once we flip one scum-tard, this late into the game, we'll be able to lynch another (and maybe a third) with relative ease.

Currently, I'm suspicious of everyone, but mainly BOcto and Pendio. I haven't had a chance to go over their posts yet, however. Hopefully I'll have time later, but it's doubtful I'll be able to do it tonight. I'll do some more digging in the next few hours if I can and make a vote.

Mods: Vote count?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm trying to build connections with the little time we have. Once we flip one scum-tard, this late into the game, we'll be able to lynch another (and maybe a third) with relative ease.

Currently, I'm suspicious of everyone, but mainly BOcto and Pendio. I haven't had a chance to go over their posts yet, however. Hopefully I'll have time later, but it's doubtful I'll be able to do it tonight. I'll do some more digging in the next few hours if I can and make a vote.

Mods: Vote count?
What would be your thoughts on Heroine and Thareous? Just curious.

EBWODP

Day ends today, what's happening? Tbh I'd rather not get lynched as it would be rather odd since I've made my role claim clear as day. Then again I'm not sure whether my reasoning for voting Fig will hold ground if Mafia did indeed investigate Alit on the same night as they killed him.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hmm.

The situation with Fig is interesting. What I've observed the most is that he's being somewhat aggressive in his defense -- not overly aggressive, but more aggressive than usual for him. I haven't really seen this from Fig in previous games. His defense seems to be focused on discrediting JC more than actually providing reasons why he isn't scummy. That kind of seems like a mafia move to me.

However, I agree that if he really was mafia, he wouldn't have much to worry about at this point. He must have several other members of his group, and none of them have died yet.

On the other hand... mafia, in my experience, tend to be more selfish. I think it just kind of comes subconsciously with the idea that they know something the others don't. And like I said, Fig seems very determined to keep himself alive. Plus, his claim that he's some kind of vengeful role makes me think he's scum even more. That's the perfect claim if you're mafia and don't want to be lynched. It makes people more cautious when hammering you. And we've already had a bomb, so I'm not sure vengeful is a very likely role at this point.

I have to say that everything about this reminds me of myself when I was scum in Harry Potter mafia, haha. Fig seems to be misunderstanding a lot of what JC said and only sees him as focusing on him unfairly. He's almost twisting JC's words to make JC seem more like mafia, but I don't think it's intentional. I think he's just desperate and trying to latch onto anything he can to save himself. I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Fig IS mafia, but the Role Cop actually didn't investigate ALIT, so JC's basis on voting for him is entirely wrong. In other words, he's angry that JC's found out that he's mafia for entirely the wrong reasons.

Funny enough, I actually started taking notes for the first time earlier on in this game. I didn't get to write much because I have been pretty inactive, but of the two tiny points that I wrote down, one of them was me saying this post "makes me suspicious of Fig". Not 100% why, because I didn't bother explaining myself, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :P I think it was mostly the way he's acting like nothing else was happening in the day and his analysis of Violet. It just seemed like him trying to act more Townie by emphasizing how losing a power role is bad. Does that make sense, kind of?

By the way, I really think JC is Town in this game, and I strongly, strongly suggest that we don't lynch him. We don't want to lose another helpful power role like Tracker this late in the game. We've already lost our cop; we might as well keep around another investigative role.

And I'd really, really like a vote count. Please. :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just curious about this specific quote, Heroine.

[ilquote=Heroine of Time]but the Role Cop actually didn't investigate ALIT[/ilquote]

Do you know something that we don't?

Fig

The Altruist
but the Role Cop actually didn't investigate ALIT

Exactly how do you know that the Role Cop didn't investigate Alit? You clearly know something and it's quite making me nervous that you posted this just right when the day is about to end. Very peculiar indeed.

On another note, considering that a mod has not responded even though Leslie is active right now, makes me believe that this is in fact a broken one. Good luck on winning the game now that I'm for sure dead. I really do hope that those who done goofed learn their lesson from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom