• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
1. I didn't just show up. I've been here from Day One. Yesterday I made an effort to post every real life day and constantly expressed my suspicions on DekuNut up until he was proven to be town (or as proven as proved gets without you dying). So no, I don't just "come in and vote", I am constantly reading through the thread, but that's done from my phone and I don't actually get time to post except on some occasions, especially now that I am gonna be starting finals. However, those will be done by next Wednesday and after that I will try to be a lot more active than I am. I also find it weird you question my activity when others, like Heroine, have been even less consistent with that.

2. I didn't vote for you to "side with JC" as you said. I voted for you because I felt that you were acting in a very suspicious manner. Go back and read my post if you wanna see my reasons. I said I thought both you and JC could maybe both be mafia, but that I found you more suspicious so I voted for you. And I said that vote wasn't final, and that I would reconsider if more evidence arose throughout this day. The only reason why I did vote and not wait until later to do so, like the previous Day, is because I wasn't sure if I'd get time to post again before the end of the day since I thought it would be before today, and I wanted to voice my opinion in case that happened.

Finally, like I said, I have been keeping up with the thread to the best of my abilities. I haven't had time to go back and look at the other people I wanted to, but seeing the current discussion between the two (JC and Fig) my thoughts haven't changed much. I still think so far no other candidate has come up that's more suspicious than them, and out of the two I still think Fig has more chances of being scum. So for now, my vote remains.

Alright, I took a look at your analysis (and thank you for summarizing those posts as I was not going to read each post one by one again) and I still don't believe that me telling the Cop to try to stay hidden and wait until we got 2-3 mafia members found seem scummy. The Cop was probably one of the last if the last PR that the town has with the exception of JC's softclaim as a tracker and hopefully a Watcher. Maybe Alit already had a member tracked as mafia hence why he Fos'd Atticus before he died and I simply stated that he should keep lurking and search for more scum until he had more members confirmed.

Fig said:
I'm not even sure how many town PRs we have left and while I'm sure we have a cop here somewhere, I personally advise the cop to simply keep lurking and searching for scum and once you have two to three of them found, then it would be a good time to speak up.

See, I stated in my own opinion that the Cop should keep lurking and searching, but I never stated that the Cop can't say a word. I said it would good if he had more members so we could perform quick lynches. It was a risk altogether as the Cop had to stay alive for another night without being killed if he found more information on players. Again, I wasn't the only who had this mindset for here's Pendio post.

Pendio said:
I agree that the Cop should keep on hiding from the Mafia, but in my opinion the Cop should claim and hand in his or her results as soon as he or she has uncovered one or two guilty players (one Mafia alone would be good enough for me actually). Waiting until the Cop has three guilty results is too risky in my opinion.

Pendio agrees with what I had to say but stated that even if the Cop just had one mafia member confirmed he would be fine with that, so there was no excuse for Alit to have also considered Pendio's advice unless Alit either missed the post entirely or was inactive. I still don't see how even though me and Pendio said something similar in terms of what the Cop should have done at the moment, yet I'm being accused as being a possible scum member while Pendio is simply never considered the same.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Viral Maze said:
Sounds like you're back-pedalling a bit. Like you're trying to use this an excuse if Fig flips town...
Not really. I'm just not liking the mentality we have in this game. Basically someone making a risky move and, if that move doesn't work out, then all of a sudden that automatically defaults to said player being scum. Someone even stated that I should be lynched if Fig flips Town and the logic in that is just... off. Yeah I see looking on the other side that I might look scummy due to the fact that I am looking to justify myself if Fig flips Town, but the thing is I have to, whether I was Town or Mafia.

I don't know of Fig is Town or Mafia, I'm simply going off a sequence of events that could hypothetically mean he's scum. I'm not going into this lynch with the mindset that I'm 90% sure I'm right, in fact I couldn't even say 70% at this point. So of course I'm slightly wary of mislynhcing, for myself on the next day, but most of all for the state that we are in (haven't hit any scum yet). If Fig flips Town, that puts me in trouble on the next day, which will result in the majority people voting for me and causing another mislynch - this is the bigger picture in all of this. Another two bad lynches could potentially lose us the game.

See this is exactly why I claimed when I did. Forget the softclaim before (that was for a different reason), I wanted to claim so people trusted me and had one less member to worry about in the game.

Viral Maze said:
JC: Hypothetical; if the Mafia don't have a role cop (and somehow you or all of us knew this), would you still vote for Fig (even over your other suspicions, like Thar)?
No I wouldn't.

I've questioned Fig before, I tried to put him under pressure early in the game, but Mafia's choice of an NK (Stitch) seemed to frame Fig, which sort of cleared him in my eyes. The hunch sort of remained as it was quite a switch in his playstyle early on in the game; however, my whole reason revolves around him telling the Cop to lie low at that time (just before we lost our Cop). There are other reasons, but they're just extras that I'm using to strengthen my overall argument.

Pen

The game is on!
Even though I'm not complaining about others' activity, considering my own, I'm not sure I have seen much of Pendio lately, and would like to know what they are thinking. I understand if they're busy, but if you're not could you please say what you're thinking?

I am sorry for not posting in a while. I have been following the game, but I have not had a whole lot to say. My opinions and views are the same as they were before. However, I will attempt to post more frequently in the future.

I doubt Mafia is trying to actively bus their own. No reason to do so. It'll put them at a very, very severe disadvantage if they fail to kill the cult leader in the next one or two days.

Unless there is a Mafia Usurper in this game. If we ever manage to lynch the Godfather, we should be cautious with the players who led his/her lynch. Although, the probability of there being an Usurper is quite low, so perhaps we should not strictly believe there is one, but we should definitely at least keep it in mind.

Pendio agrees with what I had to say but stated that even if the Cop just had one mafia member confirmed he would be fine with that, so there was no excuse for Alit to have also considered Pendio's advice unless Alit either missed the post entirely or was inactive. I still don't see how even though me and Pendio said something similar in terms of what the Cop should have done at the moment, yet I'm being accused as being a possible scum member while Pendio is simply never considered the same.

I obviously cannot speak for the rest of the players, but I do think that the fact that you suggested that the Cop should wait longer to reveal himself/herself than I did could be observed as suspicious.

Fig

The Altruist
Viral Maze said:
Draco: I have a question. Do all the night action resolutions occur at the same time? Let's say Mafia has a cop. Do they choose their investigation target, get an answer, and then choose who to NK? Or would they have to choose both, and when the Night ends, they'd get their role cop result, and the NK target would be killed?

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I'm waiting for Leslie to respond to this and confirm exactly how the order of the night roles go. If it's how the latter is explained, then it could really clear the confusion and prove I'm the Mafia Role Cop assuming they have one, but if it's the former then this game was broken since the beginning and I refuse to continue to play a broken game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Viral Maze said:
Draco: I have a question. Do all the night action resolutions occur at the same time? Let's say Mafia has a cop. Do they choose their investigation target, get an answer, and then choose who to NK? Or would they have to choose both, and when the Night ends, they'd get their role cop result, and the NK target would be killed?
Hmm, my whole thing was that Mafia investigated Alit the night previous and then decided to kill him the night after, thus explaining why Fig said for the Cop to lie low during the day in between. So let's say Night three they decided to investigate Alit and they choose to kill someone else (forgot who they targeted that night). Mafia then get their results back and see that Alit it the Cop, so now they have their next NK target for.

Unless you're just asking in general, but I assume it's a one shot ability; never know though.

EBWODP
Fig said:
then it could really clear the confusion and prove I'm the Mafia Role Cop
Did you just claim scum?

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Did you just claim scum?

Whoops. I just came to check and saw that I forgot to add "not". I'm not the Mafia Role Cop but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm getting lynched by people who have [stupid] logic that makes no sense. I wouldn't be surprised that town loses because of this stupid encounter. I do hope you learn from your mistakes because since I'm dying, I'm taking another person with me. Worst of all, no confrontation was made from the mods so I'm going to say that this game was broken from the start and I bet the mods even wanted the Mods mafia to win to reinact what happened a few months ago. So yea, this game is complete jack. If I survive which I doubt since the day is almost over, then maybe I could I might say something on how could very well be mafia but I can't so yea I do hope you guys learn from your mistakes.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Whoops. I just came to check and saw that I forgot to add "not". I'm not the Mafia Role Cop but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm getting lynched by people who have [stupid] logic that makes no sense. I wouldn't be surprised that town loses because of this stupid encounter. I do hope you learn from your mistakes because since I'm dying, I'm taking another person with me. Worst of all, no confrontation was made from the mods so I'm going to say that this game was broken from the start and I bet the mods even wanted the Mods mafia to win to reinact what happened a few months ago. So yea, this game is complete jack. If I survive which I doubt since the day is almost over, then maybe I could I might say something on how could very well be mafia but I can't so yea I do hope you guys learn from your mistakes.
Wait how is the game broken? The confirmation wouldn't fix anything. I've started why it wouldn't in my last post.

Also people make mistakes in Mafia all the time, it's a game played with the element of risk - I wouldn't label our logic as "stupid" that's rather insulting to be honest.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!

Hm... A Vengeful Townie roleclaim? That's the next best guess since the Bomb has already blown up, but it's pretty surprising that there're two afterlife killing roles in this game, if my hunch is true.

Fig

The Altruist
Wait how is the game broken? The confirmation wouldn't fix anything. I've started why it wouldn't in my last post.

What I mean by broken is if Leslie allows the Mafia Role Cop to activate his/her ability first and then Leslie responds first what role the person was. Do you know how broken that is? That means if the Role Cop got a result that the person is a VT, the mafia can then go for someone else thus that means they can hope to target someone else with a PR which could have been the case that they targeted me, Leslie told them my role, the mafia now knows my role and decided to go with Stitch for the kill. That's what I mean by the game being broken from the start.

EDPWOB

If you want Town to lose another Power Role, okay.

Day ends tomorrow, correct?

Day Ends today. I think it already ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom