• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zant Neck Twist Bit

Austin

Austin
At the end of the game, after you've impaled Ganondorf with the Master Sword, while he seems seriously injured, he doesn't seem entirely defeated. Then, the game quickly switches to a shot of Zant who looks at Ganon, then jerks his neck with a bone-crunching sound. Was this meant to signify anything, or was it just there for the "coolness factor"?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It seemed to me that Zant was trying to make a point. Zant gloated, before Midna popped him like a balloon, that Ganondorf was his god and would always revive him. Then we find out that Ganondorf had no intentions of bringing Zant back to life since he was now deemed useless. I figured Zant's spirit would have probably realized that soon enough, so right before Ganondorf died, Zant showed up in a sort of dream-like apparition and broke his own neck as a way of basically saying "haha, I'm dead but so are you" as a sort of vengeful mockery. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's what I always thought that cutscene symbolized.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Zant had linked himself to Ganon in the Twilight Realm so he could rule the land of Hyrule. In that process, Ganondorf inheireted some of Zant's powers. Since the two of them were linked, Zant could kill Ganondorf, and that is what he did.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I never really knew what Zant had did when he did that. I had thought of it many times and I was waiting for a thread like this to just pop up. The times I had thought of what he did, I usually thought that Zant had more power than Ganondorf, because Ganondorf had lost his powers when link attacked him.(Doesn't the triforce fade off of his hand right before Zant does that?)I think that Zant finished him off.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I like to think of it as portraying the final severing of ties between the Zant and Ganondorf. Death doesn't seem to make a difference with great villains in TLoZ- Ganon can be revived, blah blah blah. Since Ganon gave him power, it seemed to me that it was just displaying the cut of their connection.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Zant had linked himself to Ganon in the Twilight Realm so he could rule the land of Hyrule. In that process, Ganondorf inheireted some of Zant's powers. Since the two of them were linked, Zant could kill Ganondorf, and that is what he did.

I agree about the link part between Ganondorf and zant but I don't think Zant killed Ganondorf. Ganondorf had never truly died until this part where Link stabbed him in the gut with his Master Sword. This is what caused Ganondorf's death and Zant's neck cracking was suppose to be the representation.
See Ganondorf is defeated like three times in this game but is never truly killed. Zant's neck cracking, along with the triforce fading, was to show that this was it. No more coming back, no more battles, the game is over. Ganondorf is dead. I hope I explained that well enough.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think that it was a metaphorical way to show both that Ganondorf persihed, and that his influence over te Twilight Realm was finally severed

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Well to be fair Ganondorf was abit of a douche to Zant.
I mean he completely used him.
I have no doubt that it may have been a final lingering part fo Zant, finishing Ganondorf off.

L

Legend

No. If they were truly linked as you say then Ganondorf would have died when Zant did. It was merely symbolism that Ganondorf has died.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I'm not sure what that really meant. I think it's like in alttp where Ganon controlled Aghanim. Maybe it's the same thing with Zant. But the thing is, Ganondorf was in his own body for the final battles. But there's still one thing that confuses me. Didn't Midna destroy Zant with the Power of the Shadows or whatever it was called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom