• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your ZD Accomplishments

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, this thread is fairly easy to reply to. Just tell us what you've accomplished and what you with to accomplish here.

Well, I've accomplished a lot and also wish to accomplish more. Here are my lists.

Accomplished:

--Joined the site
--Met a lot of people who have/had different ideas, opinions, etc.
--Made some good acquaintances but also lost a handful, either by them going inactive, their self decision, problems.
--Finished some stories, lol. I really have a problem finishing them, you know? Mostly because other ideas come my way and I forget about them. This was quite an accomplishment with the first one I finished, made me feel so happy back then. Every time I do, every time I finish a story, I get that feeling.
--Was able to make some threads that people like and still post in them. Seeing those threads active fills me with pride, somewhat. :cool:
--Got the Writing Competition to guide/run/host.
--Won a competition trophy
--Reached 4000 posts (I should have way more, like 7000, but it's good to be where I am at, really.)

Want to accomplish list:

--First and foremost, I want to become a mod. I actually started craving this position when Bigelover88, now Vanessa28, received that position. I thought I could help the site, for I have experience as a mod; and if a regular member like her did it, why can't I? I know it does not depend on me, but others to choose me, but I hope one day I achieve this.
--I want to finish more tales, especially my God Wars Series.
--Besides Magatha, I want to find other good acquaintances who can chat with me almost daily, perhaps even good competitors in Pokemon.
--I want to reach 5000 posts for now.
--I want to win more competition trophies.
--I want to host a Zelda RPG one day.
--Oh yeah, I want to win the current Pokemon tournament. Who doesn't? :P It'll be tough, and I don't doubt myself, but there are other good trainers out there.
--I also want to win a GKA and get that out of the way. *Prays for a miracle*

I'll add more later if I come up with more. ;)

--edit--Oh yeah, if you like my threads, give them a Hell Yeah. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Let's see, some of my accomplishments are:

-Tying with Colonel_Majora for longest streaks of wins on the Keaton Quiz
-Giving an actual segment to Z-Talk
-Joining the site
-Making some true friends
-Roleplaying, and honing my writing and character development skills

Wishes

-To host an RP successfully (I don't count Memories of Legends because I let everyone down by crashing it myself)
-To start up a new ZD podcast
-To someday start doing Zelda charity marathons
-To win a GKA
-To meet my waifu for laifu in person (though that's a goal, one that will soon be met <3)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
-Met my girlfriend here.
-Became the 4th member to receive the Milestone Award.
-Received the Easter Maiamai Hunter Award.
-Was accepted to be an Article Writer.
-Wrote my first article.
-Got my article into the editing stage.

Wishes:

-Become Event Staff.
-Become an Article Writer.
-Help out the Wiki.
-Possibly become Site Staff.
-Improve my contributions and attitude on the forums.
-Win a competition.
-Win a GKA.

I will accomplish none of that though.

I will probably edit this often.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My biggest accomplishment would be meeting some really great people on here, and I'm really glad that I can call a lot of people my friends. They've changed me and have made me who I am today, and I'm beginning to like who I am -- even if I'm not perfect. I'm not here to win awards or have all of these fancy ranks. If I win an award, that's cool, and if I get a new rank, that's cool too, but I don't consider those accomplishments. My biggest accomplishments are joining and staying long enough to meet some great people.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Accomplished:
- Got accepted into the article center
- Brought Stormy Skies from the FE RP forum, where it originally was a crossover type thing with people's FE OCs converted to fit. Part 1 was epic but part 2 died. Fanfic version is almost done. Not bad for something that came from a free hosted forum that's now dead as far as I know...
- Learned that competitive Pokemon doesn't have to have all the rules that Smogon uses.

Wishes:
- Get Pokemon Copper up and running.
- Get my article accepted. *pokes article mods*
- Finish Stormy Skies and start on Sides of the Same Coin and finish it.

Pen

The game is on!
Accomplishments:
- Joined the forums. To this day I'm still super glad I made myself an account here. Before I joined though, I had no idea of how an Internet forum worked, so it was exiting for me.
- Started participating in the Mafia games here. By now I've become pretty addicted to them.
- Changed my username. After having been at the forums for a year I changed my username from Komali to my current Pendio because I wanted something a bit more unique.
- Hosted two fairly successful Mafia games.
- I recently won two Community Competitions.
- And of course I've met a bunch of utterly extraordinary people here! A few seem to have left, but others have stayed to become amazing friends.

Goals:
- I would like my distant future Skyward Sword Mafia game to go well.
- I have a plan to someday write a Zelda fanfic to post here.
- Most importantly, I will continue having as fun as I've been having these past (almost) four years.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm...

Well, I don't think I can really say I have actually accomplished a lot here. I mean, I made lots of friends, I managed to get a pretty big name here, I won the MCC (even though it was a tie), and I became the leader of an incredibly swagtastic group... I don't think I've really accomplished much else.

To be honest, though, accomplishing things isn't really important to me. Sure, it'd be nice to win a GKA, maybe get a rank of some sort, win more competitions, but when it comes down to it, this is a website. It is a community where I come to chat with friendly people and post about things I love. "Accomplishments" don't matter to me. As long as there's something here, some reason for constantly coming back to the site, that's all I need to be happy here. I didn't join here hoping to win competitions, or even really make friends, they just happened.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmmm...

Came on the site and the Shoutbox after surviving a life-threatening event! I lived!
Hung out here wasting time until I became that old woman screaming from the porch about all you kids on her lawn. (See Elder Award).
I think I was the quickest to be voted into Hylian Knight status in the history of the site.
I wrote a ton of weird, dorktacular fanfiction, some of which I debuted here.
My pockets jangle with a Golden Rupee and a Golden Key for "Best Writer" (in-between years being ineligible).
I have achieved the Golden Fro... somehow.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Accomplishments:
- Joined the forums. To this day I'm still super glad I made myself an account here. Before I joined though, I had no idea of how an Internet forum worked, so it was exiting for me.
- Started participating in the Mafia games here. By now I've become pretty addicted to them.
- Changed my username. After having been at the forums for a year I changed my username from Komali to my current Pendio because I wanted something a bit more unique.
- Hosted two fairly successful Mafia games.
- I recently won two Community Competitions.
- And of course I've met a bunch of utterly extraordinary people here! A few seem to have left, but others have stayed to become amazing friends.

Goals:
- I would like my distant future Skyward Sword Mafia game to go well.
- I have a plan to someday write a Zelda fanfic to post here.
- Most importantly, I will continue having as fun as I've been having these past (almost) four years.

Wait a minute...you're Komali? Dang, I didn't know you had changed your name. I still remember you, and also Kappa, who was named something else back in the day... was it that Rito girl Medli or something?

Oh yeah, I would also like to win a GKA, but that's difficult because there's too many peeps nominated. *Goes to add GKA accomplishment to list*

took me years to join this site i don't know why i didn't do it sooner hahah im happy i did join.

and my goals are to meet some awesome zelda fans =D

Djinn

and Tonic
Hmm, let's see

Accomplishments
-Joined a forum about 6 months after I swore off ever joining a forum again, it was a very boring Thanksgiving weekend
-becoming a member of staff was a particular challenge at the time
-Met quite a few people a few years ago that I continue to talk to and play games with to this day
-became the first hired article writer

-Competition Section
-Entertainment section
-RP section
-Wiki section
-Event section
-technology section

-Private user created groups
-Site Projects section being opened to all members after 100 posts
-Awards badges
-Milestone, Golden Fro, and Elder awards
-Gift Shop
-VB Shop
-ZD dark skin readded
-GenGame skin
-Competition Leader usergroup (make community competitions a more "official" thing)
-Wiki Scribe Usergroup
-Wiki contributor usergroup
-Event Staff usergroup (trying to make yearly awards and Christmas events a permanent thing)
-Mods being blue instead of orange
-the banners for most of those groups
-argued to get the IRC thingy removed and a SB readded back in 2012
-Latest Like system
-forum tabs
-mod statistics

-240(ish) main site posts
-18 main site articles
-main site discussion questions
-Edited news posts for a while (even though I am horrible at it)

Goals
I had a number of various goals that I have been brainstorming up for the better part of three years. Writing them down in a lengthy word file for a long time and posting them into a thread I made in an attempt to reinvigorate the site projections section again after a couple years of not being used. I periodically post a new suggestion building off the previous one in an attempt to gain feedback and see if they could be implemented. A couple years ago I took a look at the site and noticed that the average ZDer only sticks around for about 2 years at max then leaves never to be seen again. I looked into the why of this and started my whole implementing spree back in early 2012 after noticing a few complaints on other forums along the lines of "There is no section to talk about other things, you either talk Zelda or go somewhere else." as well as "ZD is far too strict, I got an infraction for posting a thread in the wrong section before" and took steps to make a change from what I heard. This is where I came up with the multiple usergroups that come with a job which would attract people and their contribution would in turn generate more overall activity since new members would want to join in the events, competitions etc. The award medals provide more incentive to join in the contests etc, and I liked the idea of the shop when I first joined but it was never complete and it ended the day Mosley left. Plus I saw how things like the Secret Santa were only performed by people who volunteered their own time and effort, but they also reached their two year expiration date and vanished from the community. So I wanted that to be more officially endorsed in a way so that the events members enjoyed back in 2010 would not leave with the members who hosted them. It was all about actually making this forum a more general discussion type with sections for more interests than just Zelda subjects, things for members to contribute to and be a part of the community, and newer positions opened up so members can actively contribute if they wish. It was all about removing that two year deadline we seem to carry here.

Of the things I still want, some type of usergroup or award given to contributors in an effort to finally complete all the unfinished graphics around the site through icons or banners.
-Small scale non annual spontaneous contests/events
-arcade tournaments
-ZD/DGE shirt and a member contest to design it (another old idea)
-Postbit Moods plugin
-retired staff banner/award/section/usergroup (never finalized this idea in the least)
-something else in the shop besides pokemon/zelda stuff
-Clans with a separate private section for each and anyone could join it by signing up
-Special Guest usergroup in hopes of attracting industry people for interviews, questions etc (this is more of a far off dream, but I did see it happen on a comic forum before)
-widget on the side of the main index that displays recently updated threads
-Some kind of special forum section that one buys access to in the shop (never could figure out what it could be, I just like this idea)
-Main index twitchtv plugin
-profile mp3 player plugin
-VBquiz plugin
-Forumon RPG plugin
-Some type of way to gamble gold on things like sports etc
-Total redesign of PD, along with more community related things there like a podcast etc.
-reimplementing things that we have lost over the years like podcast, mailbag, profile music

-One day not be considered a troll in the eyes of the staff
-maybe allowed in staff discussion again
-one day finally find out what that permission groups thingy actually means on my profile wall. That one has been bothering me for at least 3 years.

..I thought heavily on even making this reply since I have been accused of grandstanding a couple times in the past, even around the time I joined. I hope it does not come off like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom