• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Potion Usage

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I never buy potions. Enemies drop enough hearts and there are always fairies somewhere to replenish my hearts for free. However, if there is a situation where I can get a potion for free like in the Wind Waker (your Grandma makes your free soup), then I'll gladly take that and use it when I need to like in the Savage Labyrinth or something. But spending money to buy potions? No.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
What is with all these threads relating to the Hyrulian economy and the player's interaction with it lately? o_O

I always carry a potion or two just in case. Traditionally, I save them for harder challenges like boss battles. as the opening posts details, however, I greatly prefer having a fairy in a bottle.

Very rarely do I use potions in Zelda games. Maybe ALTTP. I use a lot of potions in that game. But in the 3D Zelda games, I hardly use them at all.

However, that changed with SS. I actually found the potions in this game to be quite useful once you upgraded them.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I almost never do. Usually I think "Oh, well I really shouldn't use it now, I might need it for the Boss!" or something along the general lines of that, over and over again, so my potions never get used. I do use fairies, though (but that's because you have no choice). Especially in Skyward Sword, when you've got the Air Potion (never used), the Stamina Potion (never used except in that side quest), the Heart Potion (used occasionally), and the Guardian Potion (used once, for the horde battle in Hero Mode). I mean, 75% of them are fairly pointless! Even the Heart Potion is useless a lot of the time, because if I have no empty bottles, and heart potion is in one of them, and I find a fairy, I won't hesitate to drink the heart potion there to take the fairy.

The only reason I buy potions is for emergencies. I usually buy a potion the never use it. I bought potions in WW to make my items seem more complete. In SS I use them a lot because I find it difficult to switch from using wiimote left hand and nun-chuck right hand. The only other time I use potions is when I screw around with pigs and cucoos.

Last edited:

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Rarely do i use potions in zelda games, in SS i barely used any, i think i used some on boss battles but not much.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I love to play around, so if my bottles aren't filled with plain water or something, they're usually filled up with the best kind of potions available. (This is especially true with Stamina Potions in Skyward Sword.) I never use fairies. I think they're useless.

That being said, I don't think that I'd need potions if I was playing seriously. I've only rarely used potions/healing items during important fights, so if I didn't like to mess around so much, my bottles would probably be empty.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think that Zelda games shouldn't PUSH Potion Usage.
I liked how in Hero Mode you were forced to use potions an fairies a lot more than expected, but that changes when you get the heart medal.
I do not stock up like Fi tells me to, but I do usually use fairies.
Typically I find fairies more useful than potions, but it varies each game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom