• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your New Year's Resolution(s)

With the start of each year people like to set goals for themselves to accomplish said year called New Year's Resolutions.

My resolution is to change my work ethic. Although I always get everything done on time, it's a procrastination cram job. Every time I return from school, I hope to work for an hour before going off and doing something else. In addition, I hope to become more active in better completing my household duties.

What are your resolutions for the upcoming year, 2014? Also, if you still remember your resolution(s) for 2013, did you succeed in fulfilling those?

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Here's mine: To be a wee bit nicer to my friends even if they're ***** to me and to impress my crush with my, don't mean to brag, AWESOME SPANISH GUITAR PLAYING! I will compose a somg dedicated just to her... no just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't really like this whole "New Year's Resolution" thing; it shouldn't be something to kick your *** into gear as you should be doing that anyway not waiting around for a specific date.

If I had to say though, I'd probably choose to not be bothered by insignificant things as much as I have recently.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This year's resolution was to watch all Classical Who and I did. I reached my goal in early November. I didn't watch everything in a row and took break for even months. Now my resolution is to listen to all Dr Who Audio Books and especially finishing all of Paul mcGann :eight:
Anything else is excluded because I stopped making the usual resolutions years ago and only want to make fun resolutions which make sense to me

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm not really into the whole "New Year's" thing. if I had to pick a resolution, it would be to try harder in school. I'm in college now, so I've gotta get myself adjusted and used to the work. I could also maybe try to be more social with people and not be so shy around people I don't know, but the chances of that happening are just about less than zero...

Screw new year's resolutions. If you're gonna change something in your life, do it immediately, not at the start of a year "because lol".
~
What's funny is how Alit's New Year's resolution is to stop procrastinating when that is exactly what he's doing by setting a New Year's resolution. (lol)

I don't do "New Year's resolutions," as trends show that they fail nearly every single time. Change is gradual process, not something that just happens over night. You'd have to slowly work your way into changing yourself...well...slowly removing yourself from any negative habit that's holding you back. It's extremely difficult to set a date for this kind of thing, though, especially since there's so much 'in-between time' to slip back into bad habits. For example, I've been meaning to give up sugar, but seeing as how addictive sweets are for me, it'd be fruitless to make it a New Year's resolution; imagine the amount of sweets that I will have consumed between then and now. It's best to just ween myself off of sweets slowly until I no longer crave them so much, and it'd be best to start now.

My New Year's Resolution is to continue being a carbon based life form. I feel like anything more strenuous than that would just be a set-up for disappointment.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I never really make new years resolutions because as JuiciestJ said, it's best to not just wait to make a resolution. However, to humour the parents, I made a resolution to stop naming my pets after spices.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I really am not into resolutions, but if I had to make one, I would try and study harder and harder. I want to stop being a chatter box too, because I always get scold for talking a lot. I don't really want to make new friends on my new school because I want to avoid conflict like how I did on 2013....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom