• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Forever Impa

Its nearly a dead tie between TP and OoT for me personally; a lot of aspects were similar, the only thing that tips the scales either way is memorable storyline of OoT, and the first chance to actually beat things to death with wii version TP. For me, its a tough choice.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Skyward Sword is my favorite game of all time, for now. It just came out so I am all hyped up on it, so my opinion may change in the future.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Why am I one of the few people who thought SS was the best?

The poll was made over a year and a half ago. Most of the people hadn't played Skyward Sword before they voted, myself included. I voted for Ocarina of Time, before I played my favorite, Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword would be doing much better in a new poll.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
Oot is the best! just admit it!!! It won the forum poll, and i really have played most of the zelda games( not OOA, OOS, MC, ALTTP, WW, PH, and ST) and i think Oot was so revolutionary, it took 6 years to make. Logic, people? Sorry, I just loved oot.:D

R

ravenhinamori

It came down between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. 3D zelda titles are the ones I really like and while I've played all zeldas but minish cap, I've only really progressed in Wind waker, skyward sword, and ocarina. (TP i'm gathering lanayru's tears of light and MM I haven't bothered to try a second time to get through deku palace) I haven't played WW in a good 4.5 years, so now that I've made my reason for the final two clear, I'll break it down (Note that I'm only on the ancient cistern in SS)

Dungeons: OoT--while SS's single floored dungeons make for easy re-entry to claim missed prizes, I definitely prefer the multiple floored masterpieces of Ocarina.
Graphics: SS--I may be a bit biased having played ocarina 3D while a friend borrowed my N64 original, I still prefer skyward swords watercolor art.
Items: SS--Beetle=awesome
Mechanics OoT--I definitely prefer the classic "press buttons" to the slightly inaccurate motion controls.
Bosses: OoT--The temple bosses all had a certain feel to them that I didn't get from skyward sword, which seemed too focused on motion controls, rather than original boss ideas.
Story: SS(2 points)--very in depth story in interesting cutscenes.
Fi vs Navi: OoT--why does Fi feel the need to tell us every time our hearts or shield meter gets low? Does she think we can't see the painfully obvious meters for these?
Overworld: OoT--In ocarina you have optional quests in areas before you need to visit them, so when the time comes you're familiar with the area.

Final line: Oot (5 to 4)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
My updated favorites are:

1. Wind Waker
2. Spirit Tracks
3. Skyward Sword (I haven't even beat it yet, but it's so dang cool)
4. Majora's Mask
5. OoX

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
skyward sword got 5 VOTES!? ARE YOU KIDDING!? I myself voted oot, but SS was #2!!! how come TP got more votes than SS? I really didn't like that game....:(

Maikeru

Piper of Time
skyward sword got 5 VOTES!? ARE YOU KIDDING!? I myself voted oot, but SS was #2!!! how come TP got more votes than SS? I really didn't like that game....:(

As I said, this is the reason why.

The poll was made over a year and a half ago. Most of the people hadn't played Skyward Sword before they voted, myself included. I voted for Ocarina of Time, before I played my favorite, Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword would be doing much better in a new poll.

D

devinkeller2

Kind of a Zelda noob... even though Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. So far it looks like this...

1. Ocarina of Time- I can't explain without saying something I've said 2,000,000 times before. Beautiful visuals, amazing temples, enemies, music, gameplay... and I dont know if this will ever change.

2. LoZ- Its the simplistic feel I really enjoy,and its just an overall great game.

3. LTTP- It's a beautiful game, and almost everything about it is like Ocarina of Time. I love the challenge. I do prefer 3-D Zelda so far though.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ahoydizzle

My favourite is probably Wind Waker. Mostly because when I played it I was at the perfect age to appreciate how much of a fun game it was whereas when I played OoT I was a little bit too young to appreciate the story, music and how innovative of a game it was. I also really like the DS titles.

D

dkm

I really liked Majora's Mask. The whole mysterious setting with the moon falling and Link trying to save Termina was interesting but also a bit scary. There are so many deep ideas and purposes in this game (basically referring to life questions) relating to the main story but also to the other characters having an own personal agenda and you deciding to help them or not. Even if you finish the game there are so many questions left. All in all, a great game which should be re-released on the 3DS!

B

Blacksorrow24

Twilight Princess for meee! This was a hard one. It may just be nostalgia, because its the first one I've ever played (I'm only 15) But I also love the art style, I LOVE MIDNA, and though maybe not as whimsical as in other games, but I just love the world in general there. my Second favorite is Wind Waker, Third is the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom