• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tily

I liked MM more than any other Zelda game mostly for just the one thing that no other game has ever been able to do to me ever since: make me genuinely care for the people in the game. I really did love that game so much and just saving everyone- the frogs, kafie, the postman- made me so happy inside that it just left a lasting impression on me forever. OoT I love as well, and WindWaker and Oracle of Seasons/Ages but in my book, MM is my favorite.

It's really good to see that the online community appreciates MM. The game, in the general gaming community, is very underrated. I'm glad to find out that's not the case within the fanbase these days.

TP is my favorite, personally. It had everything I look for in a game; the gameplay, atmosphere, style, and narrative were all near perfect. I especially liked the tone and mood, and I would love for the darker side of the series to return. Everyone seems to love the happy go-lucky style that WW, and soon to be SS, had, but I think the darker style is discredited too much because people weren't willing to accept it as part of the Zelda series. Another thing I really liked was the music. Every Zelda game has great music, I know, but TP's takes the cake. Not only with all of the new tunes, but with all of the nostalgia packed ones as well. I'll never forget when Wolf Link howls the Song of Healing along with the Hero's Shade in a beautiful moonlight, or when Queen Rutela's ghost leads you to her grave while an absolutely beautiful version of the Serenade of Water is played.

I could go on and on, but those are just two of the main reasons why I fight the current trend and embrace TP as the best that not only the series has to offer, but as one of the best Nintendo itself has ever offered.

I

Iron Knuckle

when i voted i voted zelda 2 but it wasn't on the poll so i voted link to the past because i havn't played link to the past, it's probally my favroite now, my favroite would probally be wind waker if it wasn't for the sailing

M

MajoraMan

VERY AWESOME! I chose MM because it was defenatley the best by a long shot. It was the darkest zelda game and possibly one of the lightest!
It brought together an uper duper awesome temple layout with a full range of sidequests and awesome! But one of the most striking features were those masks! those were pure awesome!

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
My Fav Zelda game is Majoras Mask for a couple of reasons.

1. It is the sequel to OoT basically because it took place after that.
2.graphics dont matter playability does the games plays smooth and lags a little.
3. It is awesome because you have to save the world in three days .
4. All the mask you get and each one serves a purpose.

The mask is a whole reason alone because each mask has a special ability and serves a purpose except the couples mask. Unlike OoT you can keep the mask and you don't have to search for the people who are willing to buy them from you. The Happy Mask Shop in OoT expects you to takes a mask and sell and pay expect when you get the ability to get the mask of truth the only useful mask in OoT. All in all OoT was awesome but in my opinon Majoras Mask was amazing.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
For the longest time OoT was my favorite. I played it when it first came out as a kid, and I've always loved it (and still do.) My favorite is MM though, it just has so much depth. I actually care about the characters in Termina, and I genuinely want to save and help them all, and any game that can do that, and still have 4 sweet dungeons gets my vote as favorite.

Also, the three day cycle is the coolest idea I've ever seen in a video game.

I Voted fo Ocarina of time obvioulsy because it's my absolute favorite zelda game I every played and also i think the story is the BEST. I also voted for a link to the past, Windwaker and Majora's mask... although I'm very surprised Majora's mask is getting more votes than Ocarina of time.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Why the heck is Twilight Princess beating A Link to the Past!!???!?!
Anyways, my favorite is Majora's Mask, with A Link to the Past as second.
Then probably Ocarina of Time.

Why the heck is Twilight Princess beating A Link to the Past!!???!?!

Mainly because the 3D games are more popular, and frankly, and liked much more by the current gaming audience. TP being the latest 3D entry in the series propels it further, and because ot was so much more attractive to all sides of the gaming spectrum, gained more popularity in the general game community as a whole. I do hate that ALttP doesn't get more recognition, but that happens with age. I'm suspecting that as time goes on, the first several titles in the series will become less and less popular.

AaronX

One who sits
I like OoT not because it came first MM, or was "revolutionary" or anything like that. I like it because the story and the gameplay and all that jazz. But as usual, the Zelda game that I played first in the series was my favorite. That's also one of the reasons I like it. I also like ALttP, it's got one of the best stories of the Zelda games, and I like it's gameplay, and it has 12 dungeons! 12! most other ones have only 7 or 8. MC was great. It was original,and had a lot oof new items, and I thought that the Kinstones were fun, too. MC was probably my 2nd favorite game. And WW was awesome because I thought the whole Hyrule being under the ocean thing was really cool, but I thought PH was just kind of a game that Nintendo made because they knew people wanted a Zelda game for the DS, and a sequel to WW, so it was perfect, right? Well, I thought they didn't quite take as much care when they were developing as they would have if it were a game for Wii or Gamecube. That said, I think all the Zelda's were good.

Let me just be one of the firsts, and apparently only people to sport my love for the original Zelda...

First off if it werent for this Nintendo classic, who knows if you'd still be typing in passcodes every time to restore your game every time.

Also I just love the lack of direction they give you are required to figure things out on your own... Back when I was playing the game, Internet wasnt available either to get a walkthrough, so you worked and worked, got fustrated, raged quit, picked the game up again and figured it out. Thats whats great about the original

Mainly because the 3D games are more popular, and frankly, and liked much more by the current gaming audience. TP being the latest 3D entry in the series propels it further, and because ot was so much more attractive to all sides of the gaming spectrum, gained more popularity in the general game community as a whole. I do hate that ALttP doesn't get more recognition, but that happens with age. I'm suspecting that as time goes on, the first several titles in the series will become less and less popular.
Yeah, simply for the fact that people will become introduced to the series and will not have played the older games. It'll even happen with Ocarina of Time at some point, and Twilight Princess itself.

i really liked spirit tracks. at first it was probably in my top 5 but later...it got more fun and everything got way cooler...what made it my favorite game was the final battle with malladus and the final song you play with the spirit flute...the music there was EPIC. now even though malladus was a giant boar-like monster, like ganon(dorf) he was really fun to battle and i went on to defeat malladus again 5 times, consecutively (btw it means one right after the other just in case you didnt know = ] ) my second would have to be MM which is closely followed by ALTTP.

G

Gon-Gorooon

I like minish cap the most. (mostly because it was the first zelda I played.)

bds1110

Imp
I'm AMAZED (and kind of relieved) that OoT isn't #1. I voted for MM. OoT is actually my least favorite 3D Zelda game. Here's a list of why I love MM more than any video game PERIODD:
1. The bunny hood. Whenever I play any other Zelda game I'm frustrated by walking slowly 'cause I'm so used to MM. :P
2. Depth/emotion/darkness. I think MM was the darkest Zelda game. This is a plus for me because it brings emotion and depth. It's not fairy-tale-like like OoT or WW. You could actually feel the emotions of the characters and their agony and dispair for the end of the world. There were so many cutscenes like with Anju and Kafei, Pamela and her father, etc. that made the game more interesting. This is probably the main reason I can't finish OoT; I can't play it long enough to finish it because it's just dull to me.
3. Music. The music of MM was better than OoT IMO. Even though OoT had Gerudo Valley, Spirit Temple, etc... MM had an amazing soundtrack that topped oot. (Song of Healing, Oath to Order, Stone Tower Temple, Clock Town, Elegy of Emptiness, Final Hours, etc.) It really set the mood, especially the sad ones.
4. Graphics. Technically they were slightly improved. Stuff further away could be seen, things were more detailed, etc. Not a big deal but still..
5. EPIC. I've heard people loved OoT because of its epic story. But COME ON! What's more epic than the apocalypse?
6. Sidequests. MM had the most sidequests (although WW had a lot too). It makes me feel more in control and free instead of doing everything in a set order. Plus the Anju and Kafei story was pretty amazing.
7. Difficulty. Although it's not really a difficult game, it's definitely more difficult than oot, ww, or tp. Much more of a challenge.
8.Character development. The use of time helped make characters more interesting. For example, you could find the Gorman guy at the stock pot inn in the morning, at the town hall shortly after and at the milk bar by night. Every time you saw him, he was doing and saying different things. Example 2: The postman could be found in many places. Throughout the day he slept, practiced, delivered mail and picked up mail. What he did could also be altered by what you did. In all other zelda games, they just stand in the same place, saying the same things over and over again. MM really felt more realistic. Everything was moving and changing.
9. Complexity. Everything flowed together. All of the different stories around clock town seemed to relate to each other and you could even affect the flow of events.

Why do people love OoT? Because it came first. It was the first leap into the 3D world. It was "revolutionary". But to me, MM surpasses OoT in almost every aspect. It's been 12 years since OoT. I don't play a game and favor it because it was revolutionary over a decade ago. I favor MM because of the reasons listed above. But hey, it's just my opinion. Maybe I just like it more because it was my first one. Idk. :P

^ Pretty much says it all. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda games of all time, actually, my favorite video game of all time, and it's going to take a lot to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom