• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
I do not believe anyone will believe me but I think Oracle of ages is the best game. with great puzzles and fun challenges I really tops my list

In the Zelda world? Yes. OoT is the most overrated game in the general gaming world. MM is still my favorite though, despite being way overrated in the Zelda community.
Oh, I don't doubt that OoT is overrated. It's a great game, yes, and it was a huge advance in video games at the time, but there are many games nowadays that are arguably much better than OoT, even within its own franchise. I think that TWW tops OoT in almost every way.

But out of OoT and MM, I believe that OoT is the better game. MM was too different and frustrating. Yes, there are some people who absolutely love the three day cycle, but there are many more people who hate it. Then there's the story. MM did have a darker story, but darker doesn't equal better. I think OoT had the better story, and that story has become a staple in the Zelda franchise. MM's story didn't really do anything for the franchise at all.

Zarom

The King
My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask. That game was absolutely awesome. Everything was truly great about it. From the overall atmosphere to the transformations masks (which were a very nice addition to the game), to the amazing soundtrack and a unique yet very deep story. In my opinion, MM improved over OOT in plenty of areas. All the dungeons in MM were very well done, especially the Stone Tower Temple, which is one of my favorite. Also, the challenge was just perfect. The game was harder than OOT and any other 3D Zelda game really.

WW is a second close. I really love OOT also. However, I didn't like TP.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
MM's no doubt the best. When I first played it, I got really frustrated with the three day time limit, but as time went on, I actually started to like it! The large amount of sidequests really engaged me into the game and made me really want to save everybody.

It's about as good as a game can get!

D

DarkWizzrobe123

My favorite game had to be ocarina of time.
It had a great storyline, Characters, dungeons, bosses, and enemies.
I love all the 3-D ones because they are more "lifelike" to me. But hey, who knows? Skyward sword might be better than ocarina of time (it will have to be a dang good game to beat ocarina of time though)

David

But you called me here...
Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, Twilight Princess, and The Wind Waker are all at the top of my list. Wind Waker was the first Zelda game that I played, so it really introduced me to how Zelda works. Ocarina of Time is at the top because of how long the game was, how cool the characters were, and how awesome the game was. It was a deep game. Master Quest is up there because it was a twist on Ocarina of Time. And Twilight Princess was just amazing and kept me involved playing through all of the side quests. All of them are very well done games.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
It is always difficult to name one favourite zelda game, since they are all good games. If I really have to pick one zelda game than I have to chose OoT. It was the first game that amazed me from beginning to end when I was a kid. WW is my number 2 favourite zelda game, because I really liked the graphic style and story.

A long time ago I voted for Majora's Mask, but I might like Wind Waker better. I am planning on getting it again because I haven't played it in years. But for now, they're tied for me. ;)

M

Mikau24

My favorite console game would be OOT. It was the first one i played and i love it.:)

My favorite handheld is a tie between OOX and MC.

Deity

Majora's Mask was the first Zelda game I ever played, and its the game that got me into the series. Its really a toss up between the two for me, but I just enjoy OOT's story more, so I'd say OOT is my favorite.

A

Algalord

Ocarina of Time is my favorite, and I really thought it'd be the winner by a landslide. I wonder if the people who voted Majora's Mask are just trying to be unconventional, but it was really a great game and unique experience despite using the same engine—and more challenging, too. I liked Majora's challenge and enjoyed the time cycle and routine of the townsfolk which really made the world feel alive as opposed to static. I also liked how NPCs became more prominent with side quests for masks and such. I think it'd be great to add weekly routines for NPCs in future Zelda games, even if it's just following a weekly cycle instead of a world-ending-in-three-days cycle. Still, I think OoT had the better story and character design overall, even if they didn't use the characters in such an innovative, dynamic fashion.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Since this is a thread about game-love, I am going to list all of these on the poll and describe what I love(d) about the ones I've played.

My favorite game/the one I voted for will be in bold.

I've pretty much loved every Legend of Zelda game I've ever played.

The Legend of Zelda (classic): This one will always have a special place in my heart because it was my very first Zelda experience. A lot of you whippersnappers grew up in the "OoT Era" - I was a kid when the NES was new. How many hours I spent exploring dungeons and looking for that dang Dungeon 7! I've played both quests mutiple times. Upon getting to replay it after many years and trying the second quest, I cried to the heavens "I don't remember it being THIS hard!" The challenge, the open exploration, and the fact that you didn't get convienent cracks to tell you where to bomb a wall and you never knew when an old man was going to give you money or yell at you for destroying his door... mystery and good times!

The Adventure of Link (not listed): This is another early exposure to Zelda for me. I actually enjoy the challenge of it, the leveling up, the interesting archetecture of the palaces... and the overworld is my favorite of the series because it is large, varied, and has many different little towns. I would like to see this sort of thing in a 3D game someday (more than two or three cities in the kingdom!)

A Link to the Past: I didn't get to play this until a few years ago, and when I got to play it, I was enthralled by it. I enjoy its whimsy most of all, I think. I also loved the fact that I had not heard/read spoilers all over the place for it, so turning into a pink bunny was a total "What?!!" for me. I love the fairy-tale atmopshere and the music. Just an enchanting game.

Link's Awakenening: I have yet to play this game. I hope I get to play it someday even though I already know every spoiler that exists for it.

Ocarina of Time: Is just lovely. We begin to see Link having just a little bit of a character in this -- I felt sorry for him as the "different" kid in his little village, and I got to feel for him greatly through his waking up as an adult and seeing the world go all quagmire... his quest to seek Zelda, and lots of things. The temples were challengeing and fun, and I enjoyed all the Sage characters. There are a lot of little things that make this game, you know - like Darunia's son, named for you (Link), learning all the different magical songs... and the very strong high fantasy atmosphere. I can definitely see why this is most people's defnitive-favorite Zelda game. I think it's tied with ALTTP for my second favorite.

Majora's Mask: I should love this one more than I do. I love the characters, got to feel for their stories and man, oh, man, do I just *eat up* things with an apocalyptic atmosphere. I love how *dark* this game is. I consider it the darkest Zelda. Even though there are some lighthearted and whimsical things about it, and things in it are brightly colored, to me, that only serves to underscore the horror of that looming moon and the fact that you're running around impersonating dead people. Also, being a child in it makes what's going on all the creepier - sends delightful shivers down my spine! The things that keep this game on something of a "back burner" for me are the saving mechanism (typing saving into time travel and those stupid owl statues annoyed me beyond frustration), losing certain things during time travel, and the (unavoidable) repetatitiveness.

Oracle of Seasons and Ages: Fun little handhelds. I liked the general whimsy of being able to change the seasons, and I liked how there were different little things in each of the linked games depending upon which one you played first. I played Ages--Seasons, then Seasons--Ages. While it is one of those "one game for the price of two" things, it makes up for it by being a slightly different game each time depending upon what you do. And I love Veran for her evilness and Ralph for being Ralph.

The Wind Waker: Is adorable. This was an easy game, but it had a lovely feel like "playing a very well-illustrated childrens' storybook." I mean, I'm an adult woman but I have a copy of Amy Tan's "The Chinese Siamese Cat" around just because of the goregeous illustrations and sheer cute - Wind Waker was like that for me.

The Minish Cap: Another one I have not played.

Twilight Princess: Many of you here know me as a fanfiction writer and a fanartist. Look up my work. What specific Zelda game is most of it for? Bingo. This is the Zelda game that has inspired me the most out of any other. The gameplay is on the easy side, compared to most of the other titles, but the story is the one that I feel is the most complex and fleshed-out. The characters felt the most like actual people to me out of any Zelda game (probably tied for Majora's Mask for my caring about the NPCs, though)... Link himself (harkening back to Ocarina of Time?) felt a tiny bit like a person in this, what with him having an actual life as a humble farmhand who was helpful in his village before the adventure began. I actually *related* to Link in this game moreso than any of the other Links. This has to do with things like how I grew up and jobs I've had... but really, I felt the most "linked" with this particular Link.

There were a lot of general things I liked in this game, too, playing to my "general likes." Animal connections are a big thing with me, I use such themes in my original art and writing often. Also, I enjoy "dark" (misunderstood but not evil) creatures and boom... Midna.

For the time being, my favorite Zelda game and I'm not afraid to say it, even among a majority of Zelda fans who dislike it. It hit upon a lot of personal "spots" for me.

Spirit Tracks: Somebody get me a DS and I'll play this. I really, really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom