Majora's Mask - Definitely. I Know it's considered 'controversial' ... but not so much by the looks of the poll.
It was the dark vibe of the game and the tense feeling of time running out. The part that really did it was the depth of character development for the masks. Nearly every NPC had a life and lived it whether you were there or not. The whole 3 Day System was awesome - and having a bank was kinda nice... though that eventually meant having more rupees than you can spend.
It's nice to know that 5 other users on this site haven't forgot what Zelda is really actually about. Although I am seriously physicked that MM is raping OoT. MM is my second favorite game and seeing it surpass something completely overrated is extremely motivating.
My favorite of the series os Majora's Mask, bevause:
1. Majora's Mask has an interesting set of motives, and his childish attitude makes him a very enjoyable villain.
2. The graphics (As stated before) were ahead of their time.
3. The story and characters have emotional depth, giving you a reason to want to save everyone.
4. The soundtrack is the best in any Zelda game I've played yet, and with songs like Oath to Order and the Boss Battle theme, it truly was amazing.
5. The 3-Day system made the game challenging, but in a good way.
And that's what I think. Even if those Giants still creep me out.
i must say MM really surprised me! an awesome game but we all have our own zelda title that "Got Me" and mine was the Wind Waker. it got me back into the series and i haven't turned back since. it will be the first zelda title that i do twice
I change my mind about Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask being my favorite.
Wind Waker is the best game of all time. (I voted before I played it. It's so much more easy and fun then I thought!)
Four Swords Adventures (It's addicting! I played it like over 4 hours today)
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess (I never actually really liked that game actually. I think it's too hard. I died by getting hit by a meteorite when I was wrestling a goron halfway up Death Mountain)
PH and ST don't count. I just don't like playing those games in general. All those ST lovers, don't get mad at me, it's just not my type of game. Phantoms are freaky for PH.