• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbs

My all time favorite has gotta go to Twilight Princess.

Sure, it has it's flaws and all, but the whole game packaged together is extremely nostalgic and at the same new and innovative to the Zelda franchise. I'm also a huge sucker for any game that's atmosphere is dark, dreary, and dank yet beautiful. The Twilight Realm is just that.

My favourite game shall forever be The Minish Cap. I just loved it so much. It was different and it was fun. I liked the other Zelda games that I enjoyed, but I just loved The Minish Cap the most.

Q

quordlepleen

I shall always love Wind Waker. It was the first zelda game that I could stick with, no other of them could bring me into them as well as WW. TP and PH came close but the wind waker just captivated me.

I love the entire series and I say this even though I haven't played all of them. The series, the stories... The timeline theroies. It all just pulls me into the universe (or universes).

As a ramdom fact i want to mention that even though all the Links go through great tasks they are not necessarily connected.

K

KillerHana

Ocarina of Time.
My very first Zelda game and I do not regret playing it ever. I have replayed it over about 30-something times and it still to this day never gets old. It's also the first game in the series I am introducing to my boyfriend to play, because it's where I started. I know every dungeon inside out and the game play is beautiful. Majora's mask and Twilight princess Tie for 2nd best.
Majora's mask had an amazing story and I like how it differed from the original storyline, yet linked back to OoT so well. I loved playing each game after the other, back and forth.
However when Twilight Princess came around I was baffled and amazed. It took my love for Zelda to a whole new level. Upon the massive amount of love and amazement I had for the Zelda franchise, the graphics of it blew my mind. and the gameplay, ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be able to control Link in a more immersive way and this was my gateway. And with Skyward sword coming out I have a feeling this list may change if (as per usual with the Zelda Team) The expectations of the game are met.

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
i liked tp the best because it had the best graphics out of all games. second is Oot because of the oracine. i hope instruments get used in future zelda games:0

D

Dou6le Rain6owz

Ocarina of Time is my favorite because it was the first one I played and have the most memories of.

Best to worst-

Oot
TP
MM
WW
Altp
PH
MC
LZ
Aol
OoS
OoA
ST
FS/FSA

My favorite is Majoras Mask. For one thing, it has a villain other than Ganon. Not that Ganon isn't a great villain, but he's over used, and Majora/Skull Kid is a refreshing change of pace from him. The main villain (majora)'s objective is somewhat original, not wanting to take over the world, but to have it be destroyed and metaphorically consumed by hatred and lust.

That brings us to the themes present in MM and the commentary on society and individual emotions that are thought provoking and in turn provoke emotion from the player. This mainly comes from the side quests, surprisingly, which were plentiful and fleshed out. The story lines were deeper and much more mature than anything found in Ocarina or Link to the Past. Themes like death, loyalty, sacrifice, love in the darkest of times, jealousy, resentment, longing for the brighter past, hopelessness, and many more were all over the place. These themes left you thinking and questioning your own life.

This is all supplemented by the music of Majoras Mask, which I believe actually has the best music in the series. The song of healing conveys the main theme of Majoras, which is healing. The music from the last hours of clock town really makes you feel like these are the last moments until everything you know is sucked into eternity, giving a sense of desperation.

All of that aside, the game is just fun. Once the player gets over the initial shock of the clock system it becomes quite enjoyable. There are only for dungeons, but they're more difficult than in OOT without being too frustrating like in ALTTP. The mask system was refreshing and added a fun new twist to game play. Seeing the characters from OOT return was nice as well because getting to see them in a new setting allowed them to be further developed.

Those and other reasons are why Majoras Mask is well deserving of the game of the decade award it received from Gamefaqs, and its place at the top of my list as the greatest Zelda game of all time.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Twilight Princess was my favorite game, it just offered so much. Too bad it was easy, otherwise it could have been a perfect game.

T

toph366

I have to agree with Beeker i am just obsessed with Twilight Princess. The entire story and characters are so awesome i couldn't get enough.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
My favourite game is definatly Ocarina of Time, but Majora's Mask comes a close second. Ocarina of Time was the first game I ever played, not just zelda, first video game! I remember going to my cousin's christmas party and playing Ocarina of Time for the whole party. It was amazing! The music is fantastic, it adds to the gameplay as well as being used to perform certain tasks. The music really helps the game flow and gives a smooth and realistic feel to gameplay. The gameplay....the control with Z targeting, good camera angle and great fluidity for movement/attacking helped as the game wasn't held down by bad controls or choppy movement. The graphics were great at the time and are still good now, the nostagia factor is high and I would put the game in my N64 any day! The storyline is so deep and complex that you feel a part of the game, you are link and you save Hyrule! Thats the power this game has. You say Ocarina of Time, and people are all over it. Now, it had the annoying characters like the OWL! (Kaepora Gabora), but it made up for it...Ocarina of Time is an amazing game, many love it or hate it, but it is my personal favourite!

C

clopzat

wheres adventure of link and the four swords games.... Not that anybody likes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom