• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

YOUR Favorite Overworld

Not necessarily Hyrule, considering Termina, but what's your favorite overworld from the LoZ games?

Mine personally is without a doubt Twilight Princess by a mile. I mean, how could you not like it? It's massive and beautiful. Especially snowpeak. :D

My favorite was MC Hyrule. The only other Hyrule I actualy like is the Wii version of TP. Don't get me wrong, I like Hyrule, but not nessisarely the layout. I only like the three mentioned. I don't really like Termina, Kohilnut, Holodrum, WotOK, or New Hyrule. But I do like Labrynna!

Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
MM's is actually my favourite. I especially like it because there are many things to do in each region of Termina, so every square inch is used. I do love TP's overworld as well, but I think it feels empty and unnecessarily large at times.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Hmmm.
I really like WW overworld. Its so great. There's so much stuff, but I can see how it can be a pain to traverse if you aren't into exploring it and such.

For me, number 1 goes to ALTTP. There's like two versions of it! And it more of an overworld in the traditional sense.
LA's is tied for first with ALTTP. LA's is a pain because you change screens so often, but there's more bang for your buck. There's always something you can find on each screen. The manage to cram lots in there and that's why I appreciate it. Also you can just go from point a to point b. There's a trick to navigating it and that's why its #1 too.

I have three favorites.

The one that comes in first is the Overworld in the Legend of Zelda. That Overworld is huge, and is the only one I ever get lost in. Not to mention there are plenty of secrets hiding everywhere. Some of them you have to be very cunning to get, especially the ones that require the Whistle. Some involve using your Candle, and some with your bombs. The overworld in here is just full of surprises.

My second one is the overworld in the Adventure of Link. The overworld in the Adventure of Link has two parts: west and east. Both have plenty of things to do. Also, there are always enemies coming after you, so there's always some action wherever you are, not to mention that some of the enemies are a lot harder than they were in the original Legend of Zelda.

My third one would have to be Twilight Princess's overworld. Its just fun to run around in it and fight enemies. There were also plenty of other areas in it, and some mini-dungeon-esque places to keep one busy.

I could go on with some others, but I think this is enough.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I would probably say MM. It's so cool because it's forest in one area, then all deserty, then the ocean and then snow suddenly appears from nowhere. It's cool and bonus points because of the music.

MM's is actually my favourite. I especially like it because there are many things to do in each region of Termina, so every square inch is used. I do love TP's overworld as well, but I think it feels empty and unnecessarily large at times.

Same here.
Though I love TP and how vast it is, it feels like there is a lot of space we don't need. I find myself never visiting certain places, such as the southern hyrule field, as there's literally nothing there. But I guess that sense of emptyness only goes the field, counting the whole thing, I feel like there's so much to it, you even forget certain places of the game easily, which is great.

But MM is nice, it really uses every space to it's fullest it seems. None of the space is really "wasted" to put it in some way.
Every area geographically of the game is very important in a way.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
For me, it's a tie between ALttP and MM. Both games really used every little space to its fullest potential. ALttP's overworld and MM's Termina Field had different terrains, buildings, trees, grasses, enemies, fountains, staircases, etc. TP's overworld seemed epic and stunning but really.. there wasn't a lot to do and felt pointless. The music in both overworlds were also mesmerizing. :D Don't even get me started on OoT's or WW's overworlds though..

TP hands down. The graphics make the land look so realistic and beautiful. It's simple things that make it better, too, like how the water is clear because real water is clear. Also, Gerudo Desert, Snowpeak and Death Mountain looked exceptional. If WW would've stuck to the beta version and you were able to explore flooded Old Hyrule then that would've been the winner no doubt about it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
My favorite is probably Twilight Princess's overworld. I think so many areas are pretty and to me it feels like the world is huge, really making me feel like I'm discovering things. It would be nice if there were more to do in some areas, but it's not so much of a drawback to displace it as my favorite.

There are so many bits I like about other overworlds, though. Minish Cap had several nice aspects (rock climbing, woohoo) and I really adored the Minish aspect of it. It was so much fun looking for little vines or holes. Majora's Mask, as said before, really used space to the fullest. In Wind Waker, once you got all of your weapons that were useful on the ocean, it was fun to explore. And the original Legend of Zelda..."it's a secret to everybody" really does apply to a lot of things.

All in all, I don't think there's any world in a game I played that I dislike - just ones that I connect with better. In this case TP's overworld is one of the (many) reasons I like the game so much, so it makes sense it would be my favorite.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
Probably OoT, there is just something about the hyrule field theme that gives me a feeling of nostalgia, and i start to reminisce about my childhood, watching my cousin who was much older than me owning monsters in OoT on his brand new N64.

Kybyrian

Definitely the one from Ocarina of Time. It was the first 3D overworld, and one that really sticks in my head. It's easier to like a 3D overworld than a 2D overworld. There is a ton more detail when you're in 3D, and that's what makes Ocarina of Time my favorite. It was the first 3D overworld I had seen in Zelda and so the one that stuck in my head the most. I feel a certain loyalty to it as being the first one that I ever traveled on.

13foxes

I have two favorite overworlds, and I couldn't decide which one is better than the other.

+ MM overworld. There are so many stuff you can do. Different zones of the world, such as Snow Peak or Ikana Canyon is really interesting to explore. And I could see the weather, the people and the surroundings changed every time I defeated a boss. It's so lively, pretty much like a real world, with moving and non-stop time.

+ Alttp world. For the same reasons as MM. There are so much things, tons of people to talk with, a good amount of side quests, and secrets places (I love the Chris Houlihan room XD ). And, there are two different worlds in it. The places seem familiar, and yet they don't. And the idea of traveling between worlds is so awesome. I prefer side quests and exploring to the main quests and dungeons, so it's obvious that I love Alttp overworld. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom