• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You and Your Gaming PC

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Hello! I thought I'd make a thread about PC gaming. My questions for you is this: Can you tell me about your gaming PC (Laptop or Desktop) and your games? Did you custom build it? Did you pre-order it from a gaming PC company? (i.e. Alienware) What is your opinion on the war between PC and Console?

Here's my story:

I have yet to get a gaming PC. I've been looking at the gaming laptops from Alienware. The size? It's between the M14x and the M17x. I'll most likely get the M17x because of the power.

These are the games I will get for it:

Battlefield 3
Crysis 1
Crysis 2
Fallout 4
Minecraft (Possibly)

Could you give me some advice? Like what graphics card is better? (Nvidia GeForce gtx 580 vs AMD Radeon HD 6990) I have the decision between those 2 in the pre-order for the Alienware M17x.

Oh god. My PC is terrible. This sucks, because I love PC gaming. PC gaming is where you see the really cutting edge stuff happening. I mean, when Half Life 2 came out in 2004, they had to wait for the PS3 and XBox360 to come out so they can make and console port. Same with Half Life 1 in 1998. Anyway, I can only remember a couple specs, so I'll post them here.
Pentium 4 processor (2.8 MHz)
GeForce 6200 graphics card
AI mother board (I think).
Anyway, I'm a bit if a noob when it comes to specs. My PC has a pretty good graphics card, but the processer is where it fails. Oh well. Defenatly no PC BF3 for me. Onto the console port!

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Oh god. My PC is terrible. This sucks, because I love PC gaming. PC gaming is where you see the really cutting edge stuff happening. I mean, when Half Life 2 came out in 2004, they had to wait for the PS3 and XBox360 to come out so they can make and console port. Same with Half Life 1 in 1998. Anyway, I can only remember a couple specs, so I'll post them here.
Pentium 4 processor (2.8 MHz)
GeForce 6200 graphics card
AI mother board (I think).
Anyway, I'm a bit if a noob when it comes to specs. My PC has a pretty good graphics card, but the processer is where it fails. Oh well. Defenatly no PC BF3 for me. Onto the console port!

I'm still a bit eerie about Battlefield 3 for PC. It requires EA Origin. And if you haven't heard about EA Origin, it can gather information from your computer once you download it.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I have a Mac and it's my main gaming computer but I play older Nancy Drew games on my stoOpoid laptop. On my Mac I play The Sims, Spore, newer Nancy Drew games, and games on Steam, which are Portal and Portal 2.

The cake is a lie.

Pikacondon

Title.
I have JUST enough power in this computer, my laptop, to play Halo Wars. I don't know what Minecraft is, or fallout, or battlefield. all I have- and want-is halo wars. and I got this laptop from a dell store.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Yeah.... Could someone please recommend a good gaming PC with good graphics but that is actually under five hundred dollars? It'll take me about five years to get that much money.., but yeah. one that is at least powerful enough to support last gen graphics. I don't understand specs at all either so if you could help me with that that would be awesome too.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Yeah.... Could someone please recommend a good gaming PC with good graphics but that is actually under five hundred dollars? It'll take me about five years to get that much money.., but yeah. one that is at least powerful enough to support last gen graphics. I don't understand specs at all either so if you could help me with that that would be awesome too.

Not very easy to find. Maybe you should look for someone to build you a gaming PC. They can build it for as low as $700.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The only computer games I won are "MYST" and "Roblox" (a downloaded software online that allows you to create your own world out of Lego-like bricks.)

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I have JUST enough power in this computer, my laptop, to play Halo Wars. I don't know what Minecraft is, or fallout, or battlefield. all I have- and want-is halo wars. and I got this laptop from a dell store.

Minecraft is immensely popular indie game. Search it up on YouTube.

Fallout is an RPG game series. In the most recent 2 games, you can Free-roam among a large post-apocalyptic wasteland for exploring and try to survive the wasteland as you complete your quests.

Battlefield is a popular shooter game series. In the most recent games, it has filled with amazing graphics and realistic gameplay.

The only computer games I won are "MYST" and "Roblox" (a downloaded software online that allows you to create your own world out of Lego-like bricks.)

I played ROBLOX when it was at it's best. I joined in 2008.

Kazumi

chagy
My current PC:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.8 GHz
NVIDIA GT220 1GB
6GB DDR3 RAM
640GB HDD

It's not particularly good, and is in dire need of a new graphics card. I plan to build a new budget gaming PC around the holidays, my current build is looking like: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PQ8.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, and the main games that I've been playing recently are Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Minecraft, Red Orchestra 2, Fallout New Vegas, and the Binding of Isaac. I really haven't been playing to many games recently. If anyone wants to add me on Steam, just send me a PM.

Tbh with you I'd say just custom build it. I'm sure you already no custom building is cheaper but it's also a great experience. It'll help you appriciate you're gaming pc alot more. Imo gaming laptops aren't really worth it. there pretty bulky so taking them places is not that easy.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Tbh with you I'd say just custom build it. I'm sure you already no custom building is cheaper but it's also a great experience. It'll help you appriciate you're gaming pc alot more. Imo gaming laptops aren't really worth it. there pretty bulky so taking them places is not that easy.

I know all of this. But maybe I want to game somewhere else besides at home. It's not easy moving a desktop PC.

Although I'm not a big fan of alienware the radeon 5990 is the better gpu. You can google it 6990 highs higher frame per second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom