• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I would like to point something out.. You see yesterday, Eoghan hinted at Shulk and I took it as a softclaim. I asked him about it and he said he was, "Glad someone noticed." (or something like that. idk.) Anyway I basically called him out on it which was pretty stupid looking back because wouldnt that mafia go for Shulk comsidering hes the main character? And dont main characters usually have some really strong power or whatever? Im assuming the mafia saw that I pointed his soft claim out so why would they go for the Town Courier instead of whatever Shulk was assuming he has some powerful role..? Idk I feel like none of this made sense, but yeah thise are my thoughts.

The faced Mechon zeroed in on a Colony 6 survivor in our group, and the towering Mechon had his gaze fixed on our leader.
Like JC said this sort of implies that the Mafia did go after Shulk.

A miniature whirlwind raged across the battlefield, knocking my adversaries off course. However, it didn't go off as I'd planned; by changing the future, another route had opened itself to the passages of fate, thusly leading to unexpected results.
This sounds kind of like the target was changed, deflected so that Shulk, who we are assuming is the leader menetioned, wasn't Lynched.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The claws of the faced Mechon swerved from his target and instead sliced through a silver-haired individual wearing a blue vest.
Ok, so this was the Mechon.

The fist of the invisible giant landed down on a High Entia girl instead of his target.
This says it was an invisible giant... maybe it wasn't the Mechon?

The greedy grasp of the towering Mechon snatched a blonde-haired girl instead of the party leader.
I assume this is menetioning the same Mechon? Idk this is all weird.

@JC-Hurin From what I'm putting together the Mechon might be the Mafia, they went after Shulk, the leader of the town. Their target was deflected and instead SavageWizzrobe, the courier, was Lynched... but then it says that the Mechon snatched “a blonde-haired girl instead of the party leader.” I guess that character is Sadia's... so it killed her, apparently instead of the leader which implies that was were the orginal target was deflected?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Egil and the mechon seem to be theid party.

Mumkar the one with the claws have the potential to his own theid party.
So they could potentially be all third party? Great.

I'm still sticking with Mafia's and SK/Vig's kill being deflected. It is quite confusing though with the constant mentions of "Mechon".

@musicfan Day one you soft claimed for Vig, right? Are you sure you are Vig? Do you even have a special role? Also I'm wondering are you even a Townie?

He did not soft claim Vig.

Dickson is most likely the giant. He is mafia.
Mumkar is the faced Mechon
The tall Mechon who took someone has to be Egil and he must be cult leader.

*Game Spoilers*
Alvis is actually the Monado's spirit. While Zanza may have accidentally created him, in the end, he helps Shulk out. I'm guessing that is why he is an alarmist and why he is 3rd party not mafia.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
If a cult is confirmed and we know that the anti-cult recruitment power got taken out in the night, finding and stopping this cult should be the primary focus of both Town and Mafia if we want to survive more than a few days. A cult left to do what it wants can take over the whole game quite quickly, like a zombie apocalypse.

If a cult is confirmed and we know that the anti-cult recruitment power got taken out in the night, finding and stopping this cult should be the primary focus of both Town and Mafia if we want to survive more than a few days. A cult left to do what it wants can take over the whole game quite quickly, like a zombie apocalypse.

I agree. Is there any clue as to who the cult took? To me it sounds like the character Fiora was taken.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm not entirely sure on this plan. First off, I think Town and Cult can work together pretty well to eliminate the Mafia. One game comes to mind were Town and Cult formed an alliance to wipe out the dominating Mafia (the theme was members vs mods for anyone who wants reference). There's even been an unlikely alliance between SK and Town (Smash Mafia); though that was rare. Point is, the common goal for Town and 3rd party should be to eliminate Mafia first. They're the ones who have the power to converse and coordinate kills each night.

Saying that though, I do agree that we should focus on the Cult, just not as much as Mafia. Plus it's usually extremely hard to hunt 3rd party without any evidence as opposed to scum who usually play with a guilty conscious with knowledge on 80% of the player's alignments.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Eoghan said he "wasn't really feeling it" then when asked about it said he was referencing the meme.

In any case I wouldn't be too concerned about who is which character since being Shulk wouldn't actually tell us much. Melia is the most powerful Mage in the team in Xenoblade and for some reason she flipped as a courier. The roles can be vaguely associated with characters, but especially with the role madness there's no guarantee they'll be the role you think they are.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Eoghan said he "wasn't really feeling it" then when asked about it said he was referencing the meme.

In any case I wouldn't be too concerned about who is which character since being Shulk wouldn't actually tell us much. Melia is the most powerful Mage in the team in Xenoblade and for some reason she flipped as a courier. The roles can be vaguely associated with characters, but especially with the role madness there's no guarantee they'll be the role you think they are.
We can figure out who was targeted simply due to the night scene saying that Shulk was targeted. We could nail both Egil the cult leader and Dickson or another member of the mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom