• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the games I have played, musicfan always acts like this. He goes off of feelings and hunches without going into much detail. His posts are usually always short and to the point. I'm not saying he isn't scum, but just that this is normal for him.

Anyway, trying to discern what characters might be in the game and what their roles are is pretty useless without anyone flipping. We don't know whether roles were randomized to a name or what the GMs were thinking when assigning roles to characters. Until we have someone dead it isn't a fruitful conversation.

Then don't use it then. Simple has that.

Diego

Donger King of leis
From the games I have played, musicfan always acts like this. He goes off of feelings and hunches without going into much detail. His posts are usually always short and to the point. I'm not saying he isn't scum, but just that this is normal for him.
Okay... then I need comfirmation on this:

-He always post short "to the point" comments.
-He is a very temperamental player.
-He gives up easily against a minimun of pressure applyed against him.
-He always votes for active players.
-He discards valid points against him as "Revenge voting"

If that's the case, I guess I will keep my vote on him because really, that kind of behaviour is extremely Anti-Town and should not be encouraged.

I'm still convinced he's Mafia regardless

I was about to call you out, actually :P
You're one of those guys who loves to analyze the possible outcomes of a choice, and much like our Mafia Gods, you have a great ability to read people.
I think I understand your hesitations on posting something you know... useful, because this is a new territory and not everybody likes to hold the spear on the first line like I do, but your opinions on how the day is going IS needed and IS useful.
To be fair, it's a bit harder (for me anyway) to analyze players when I've not played in games with them before. I don't enjoy making reads based solely on their past but it is a viable strategy to use in conjunction with other things, so personally I'm not going to count any of us ZUers acting differently as particularly noteworthy. Day 1 anyway.

Then don't use it then. Simple has that.
I would discourage it in general, not just for me. It's fluff; no actual content or anything related to the game. We can go back and forth for days wondering what role Shulk is but all we'd be doing is creating the illusion of content.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Id
As I see it, right now Musicfan is the most useful lynch.

Why?
Well, because in my experience, Day 1 is scary for any Mafioso, making them slip up when pressured. And ZD culture or not, when he gave up after two votes where made against him, and after voting for the most pro-town player, and accusing him of "revenge voting", is a Mafia mark all over his face.

Should I be wrong, you will have all the reasons in the world to do with me as you please.

Yes... I know that if I'm wrong the Mafia will have a good excuse to off me in a lynch, but I'm willing to run that risk.

Besides, really... Is either a half-informed lynch on musicfan, or a completely blind lynch on an inactive that will give us 0 clues on what to do next.

That said
Vote:Musicfan
id just like to point out that you refered to yourself as "most pro-town player". I have a feeling that I'm not the only person that disagrees with that. You're not scummy per se, but don't make assumptions like that please. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Id

id just like to point out that you refered to yourself as "most pro-town player". I have a feeling that I'm not the only person that disagrees with that. You're not scummy per se, but don't make assumptions like that please. It's a pet peeve of mine.
Well, okay, sir.

But I'm the one encouraging discussion while you're... I'm not sure really what are you doing... aside from pointing out small nitpicks that makes absolutely zero impact on anything.
Cool, maybe that's how you play, but hey... tell me, since you appear to know so much: Who's the player, to you, that is the most pro-town? :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
How do people feel about a Musicfan lynch then? It looks like it's between him and Diego at the moment and I'd like to get some new perspectives instead of hearing from the same people. So inactives please speak up.

@Diego If I trust you about your call and you're wrong, I won't hold it against you. I don't like to hold grudges and Day One mistakes are always common because of the probability factor and that we have no factual information to go on. I'm still trying to figure you out though.

@musicfan Can you please explain why you asked the Vig to target one of two people? That's kind of reckless behaviour and seems like a suicidal tactic that screams something a desperate and defeated scum member would say. I'd like to think that was an impulsive action and you're Townie, but that post is really making me side with Diego at the moment. I don't like the tone or the idea of killing someone because they voted for you especially when we have little information to go on.

Though for some reason I'm still learning towards a @DekuNut lynch. I don't like the way he changed sides and gave up on his debate with some of the ZU newcomers. It seems like you're now trying to go with the flow and that's a possible scum tell in my opinion.

Well, okay, sir.

But I'm the one encouraging discussion while you're... I'm not sure really what are you doing... aside from pointing out small nitpicks that makes absolutely zero impact on anything.
Cool, maybe that's how you play, but hey... tell me, since you appear to know so much: Who's the player, to you, that is the most pro-town? :)

I can't say if there is one person in particular who looks the most pro-town this early in the game. Maybe if musicfan flips scum then I'd believe you are pro-town.

Personally I'm leaning towards voting for A Link In Time. ALIT commented once but hasn't said anything, I want to hear what he has to say.

Diego

Donger King of leis
How do people feel about a Musicfan lynch then? It looks like it's between him and Diego at the moment and I'd like to get some new perspectives instead of hearing from the same people. So inactives please speak up.

@Diego If I trust you about your call and you're wrong, I won't hold it against you. I don't like to hold grudges and Day One mistakes are always common because of the probability factor and that we have no factual information to go on. I'm still trying to figure you out though.
If people is too scared to vote because they are thinking "But what if he was town and I lynch him" you guys can blame it on me.
I take full responsability for his flip

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If people is too scared to vote because they are thinking "But what if he was town and I lynch him" you guys can blame it on me.
I take full responsability for his flip
I'm going to trust your reasoning, even though I'm slightly more suspicious of Deku, I'd rather lynch for a legit reason and Music's post is the only one, as of yet, that can be considered "scummy".

Unvote
Vote: Musicfan

Also, most of you guys are sitting back currently and aren't taking any risks - that breeds the perfect environment for Mafia to manipulate situations and control the day without standing out. I don't want to force activity, but it's going to look awfully suspicious if people are just hiding away till the Day where they can just slot right back in at an opportune time.

Diego

Donger King of leis
@Diego Rosa. And, if you are mafia, it's little things like that, subtle imagery, that can make people like you.

@JC-
Pfff... If I were Mafia, trust me, I'd be using my newbie card a lot, barely posting, hiding behind your rules, and probably abusing the hell out of that day communication thingy.
You know what you could do?
Actually contribute instead of needlessly throw **** at the fan and deviate the discussion. If you think I am Mafia, fine, say it, give your reasoning and vote. But are those, small little nitpicks, the ones wbho in the end, rip the town appart.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Pfff... If I were Mafia, trust me, I'd be using my newbie card a lot, barely posting, hiding behind your rules, and probably abusing the hell out of that day communication thingy.
You know what you could do?
Actually contribute instead of needlessly throw **** at the fan and deviate the discussion. If you think I am Mafia, fine, say it, give your reasoning and vote. But are those, small little nitpicks, the ones wbho in the end, rip the town appart.
I don't think you're mafia though. So why would I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom